見出し画像

香港のアパート火災、死者159人に、乳児も死亡 Reuters 2025/12/4

Hong Kong apartment fire toll hits 159, infant among dead | Reuters

香港、12月3日(ロイター) - 香港で数十年ぶりの最悪の火災となった火災の死者は水曜日に159人に達した。警察は、焼け落ちたアパート内で遺体の捜索を続ける中で、犠牲者には乳児と97歳の高齢者が含まれていると明らかにした。
HONG KONG, Dec 3 (Reuters) - The death toll in Hong Kong's deadliest fire in decades hit 159 on Wednesday, with police revealing that victims included an infant and a 97-year-old as they continued their search for remains in the scorched apartment complex.

1週間前、8棟のうち唯一炎上を免れたこの建物から避難を余儀なくされた住民たちは、家財道具を取り出すため一時的に自宅に戻った。一方、仮設住宅に身を寄せる数百人の住民は、生活の再建に奮闘している。
Residents forced to flee the only block of the eight not engulfed in flames a week ago returned briefly to their homes to retrieve belongings, as hundreds of others housed in temporary accommodation struggled to rebuild their lives.

一方、捜査官らは瓦礫の中からさらに多くの遺体を発見した。当局によると、屋根や階段の上で発見されたものや、灰燼に帰したものもあった。
Meanwhile, investigators uncovered more bodies in the ruins, some of which have been found on rooftops and stairwells and others reduced to nothing more than ashes, authorities said.

火災原因の捜査、汚職の可能性
INVESTIGATIONS INTO CAUSE OF FIRE, POSSIBLE GRAFT

発見された159体の遺体のうち、140体の身元が確認された。女性91人、男性49人で、年齢は1歳から97歳まで。
Of the 159 bodies found, 140 have been identified. They comprise 91 females and 49 males, aged between one and 97 years.

インドネシアとフィリピン出身の外国人家事労働者を含む31人が依然として行方不明となっている。
Foreign domestic helpers from Indonesia and the Philippines are among 31 people still missing.

「もし現場に遺体が残っていたら、できるだけ早く発見し、残された家族に最後の別れを告げてもらいたい」と、周一明警察本部長は水曜日の記者会見で述べた。
"We really want, if there are any bodies left at the scene, we can uncover them as soon as possible so that the surviving family, they can pay a final goodbye," Police Commissioner Chow Yat-ming told a press conference on Wednesday.

警察は火災原因の捜査で過失致死の疑いで21人を逮捕した。香港の反汚職機関も汚職容疑の捜査を行っている。
Police have arrested 21 suspects for manslaughter in a probe into the cause of the fire, while Hong Kong's anti-corruption body is also investigating possible graft.

透明性と説明責任を求める声が高まる中、李登輝市長は、裁判官主導の委員会に、この火災の原因調査と、火災を煽ったとされる建物の改修工事の監督状況の見直しを命じた。
Amid calls for transparency and accountability, the city's leader John Lee has ordered a judge-led committee to investigate the cause of the deadly fire and review oversight of building renovations blamed for fanning the inferno.

香港労働局によると、王福院の住民は昨年、改修工事による火災の危険性について苦情を申し立てた後、当局から「火災リスクは比較的低い」と説明されていたという。
Residents of Wang Fuk Court were told by authorities last year they faced "relatively low fire risks" after they complained about fire hazards posed by the renovations, the city's Labour Department said.

当局は、高層マンションの改修工事中に使用された基準を満たさないプラスチック製のメッシュと断熱材が火災の原因になったと指摘している。
Authorities have pointed to substandard plastic mesh and insulation foam used during renovation work at the high-rise estate for fuelling the blaze.

香港、選挙強行へ
CITY TO PRESS AHEAD WITH ELECTION

政府は、火災の余波に未だ立ち直れない地元住民の投票率に疑問符が付くものの、日曜日に予定されている「愛国者限定」の立法府選挙も強行する。
The government will also press ahead with a "patriots only" legislative election scheduled for Sunday, despite doubts over turnout from a local population still reeling from the disaster.

一部のアナリストや住民は、国家安全保障への取り締まり強化が続く中、火災に対する市民の怒りを鎮めようとする香港政府の正当性を試す選挙と捉えている。
The vote is seen by some analysts and residents as a test of legitimacy for the Hong Kong government as it tries to appease public anger over the fire amid an ongoing national security crackdown.

「正直言って、本当に腹立たしい。敬意を欠いていると思う」と、仕事前に被災地に献花に訪れた37歳の弔問客、トレント・ヒョンさんは語った。
"Honestly, it's infuriating. I think it lacks respect," said Trent Heung, a 37-year-old mourner who travelled to lay flowers at the disaster site before work.

「皆まだ悲しみに暮れている。犠牲者と被災者全員に哀悼の意を表し、適切なケアを受けること以外に、最優先事項はないと思う」
"Everyone is still mourning and I really don't think anything else should be first priority except paying tribute and making sure all the victims and affected people are well taken care of."

ロイター通信によると、少なくとも2人が土曜日以降、警察に拘束されている。その中には、元民主派区議会議員のケネス・チャン氏と、火災に関する独立調査を求める署名運動を起こした学生が含まれている。
At least two people, including former pro-democracy district councillor Kenneth Cheung and a student who launched a public petition demanding an independent probe into the fire, have been detained by police since Saturday, two sources told Reuters.


2人とも現在は保釈されている。
Both have now been released on bail.

中国政府は水曜日、今回の災害を利用して、大規模な民主化デモが北京への抗議行動を引き起こし、政治危機を引き起こした2019年の混乱に香港を再び引きずり込もうとするいかなる試みに対しても、改めて警告を発した。
China on Wednesday reiterated a warning against any efforts to use the disaster to "plunge Hong Kong back into the chaos" of 2019, when massive pro-democracy protests challenged Beijing and triggered a political crisis.

避難住民、生活再建に苦闘
DISPLACED RESIDENTS STRUGGLE TO MOVE ON

40時間にわたる火災で唯一被害を受けなかった建物の住民たちは、スーツケースやバッグを抱え、水曜日に自宅へ案内され、90分間で荷物をまとめるよう指示された。
Carrying suitcases and bags, inhabitants of the only block in the complex not destroyed by the 40-hour inferno were escorted to their homes and given a 90-minute window to pack up possessions on Wednesday.

「私の人生のすべてがそこにあります」と、ラムという姓の60歳の女性は語った。彼女は空のバッグを抱え、アパートから必需品をまとめる娘を待っていた。
"My whole life is there," said a 60-year-old woman surnamed Lam, who was laden with empty bags, waiting for her daughter to help her pack up essentials from her apartment.

当局は、刑事捜査の証拠収集のため、被害を受けなかった建物の再開時期を明らかにしていない。
Authorities have not said when the unaffected building will reopen as they collect evidence in the criminal probe.

政府によると、2,600人以上の住民が仮住まいに住んでおり、そのうち1,013人がホステル、キャンプ、またはホテルに滞在している。さらに1,607人が仮設住宅に入居している。
More than 2,600 residents have been put in temporary accommodation, the government said, with 1,013 staying in hostels, camps or hotel rooms. Another 1,607 residents have moved into transitional housing units.


海外記事の和訳まとめ|世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中

いいなと思ったら応援しよう!

世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中 よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m