メキシコの古代遺跡テオティワカンのピラミッドでカナダ人男性が銃撃され死亡 BBC 2026/4/22
Canadian woman killed in shooting at Mexico's ancient pyramids
メキシコ当局によると、メキシコの史跡で男が発砲し、32歳のカナダ人女性1人が死亡、13人が負傷した。犯人は犯行後、自殺した。
A 32-year-old Canadian woman has been killed and 13 people injured after a man opened fire at a historical site in Mexico, according to Mexican officials. The gunman killed himself after the attack.
メキシコのクラウディア・シェインバウム大統領は、同国屈指の観光地である古代遺跡テオティワカンのピラミッド群で発生した銃撃事件の犠牲者に対し、連帯の意を表明した。
President Claudia Sheinbaum of Mexico has expressed her solidarity with the victims of a shooting at one of the country's most important tourist destinations, the ancient pyramid complex of Teotihuacán.
この事件は、FIFAワールドカップの開幕戦がメキシコシティで開催されるまであと7週間という時期に発生した。
It comes with seven weeks to go before the first match of the Fifa World Cup is held in Mexico City.
「銃声が響き渡る中、皆が一斉に逃げ出そうとパニック状態だった」と、あるイギリス人夫婦はBBCに語り、混乱した状況を説明した。
"There was a big push and panic of everybody running at the same time to get out," a British couple told the BBC, describing chaotic scenes amid the sound of gunfire.
地元検察当局は、銃撃犯をメキシコ国籍のフリオ・セサル・ハッソ・ラミレスと特定したが、詳細は明らかにしなかった。これは、同サイトXへの投稿によるものだ。
Local prosecutors identified the shooter as Julio César Jasso Ramírez, a Mexican national, without providing further details in a post on X.
メキシコ政府の安全保障内閣は別の投稿で、この事件で負傷した6歳から61歳までの13人が病院で手当てを受けたと発表した。
In a separate post, the Mexican government's security cabinet said 13 people, whose ages range from six to 61, had been treated in hospital after being injured in the incident.
火曜日、カナダのマーク・カーニー首相は、亡くなった女性の遺族に哀悼の意を表し、「恐ろしい出来事だ」と述べた。
On Tuesday, Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney expressed condolences to the family of the woman who was killed, calling it "a terrible circumstance".
当局は女性の身元をまだ特定していない。
The woman has not yet been identified by authorities.
カーニー氏はシェインバウム氏の対応に感謝の意を表し、カナダはメキシコ当局と協力してこの事件に取り組んでいると述べた。
Carney also thanked Sheinbaum for her response, and said Canada is working with Mexican authorities on the incident.
テオティワカンの先コロンブス期のピラミッドと遺跡はユネスコ世界遺産に登録されており、メキシコで最も人気のある観光名所のひとつである。
The pre-Hispanic pyramids and ruins at Teotihuacán are a Unesco World Heritage Site and among the most popular tourist attractions in the country.
警察は現場で銃器、刃物、実弾を押収した。シェインバウム氏は最新情報を注視しており、カナダ大使館と連絡を取っていると述べた。
Police recovered a firearm, a bladed weapon, and live cartridges at the scene. Sheinbaum said she was following updates and was in touch with the Canadian embassy.
彼女はソーシャルメディアで、安全保障担当閣僚に事件の調査と必要な支援の提供を指示したと投稿した。
She wrote on social media that she had instructed her security cabinet to investigate the incident and provide all necessary support.
「テオティワカンで今日起きたことは、私たちに深い悲しみをもたらします。被害に遭われた方々とそのご家族に心からお見舞い申し上げます」と、彼女はスペイン語で綴った。
"What happened today in Teotihuacán deeply pains us. I express my most sincere solidarity with the affected individuals and their families," she wrote in Spanish.
クリストバル・カスタニェダ・カマリロ国家治安長官は月曜日、負傷者の中にコロンビア人2人、ロシア人1人、カナダ人1人が含まれていると記者団に語った。
State Security Secretary Cristóbal Castañeda Camarillo told reporters on Monday that two Colombians, a Russian and a Canadian were among those injured.
ロイター通信の取材に応じた目撃者によると、襲撃は月曜日の現地時間午前11時頃に始まり、少年が脚を撃たれたという。
According to a witness who spoke to Reuters news agency, a young boy was shot in the leg during the attack, which they said began at about 11:00 local time on Monday.
目撃者はさらに、犯人は神殿の中二階にいて、デジタルタブレットを手に持ち、叫びながら、ほとんど空に向けて発砲していたと付け加えた。
They added that the gunman was on the temple's mezzanine and appeared to fire most shots into the air, while carrying a digital tablet and shouting.
メキシコで休暇を過ごしていたロンドン在住のイギリス人夫婦(匿名希望)は、太陽のピラミッドの写真を撮っていたところ、人々が銃を持った男がいると叫びながら自分たちに向かって走ってくるのを目撃した。
In Mexico on holiday, a British couple from London, who did not want to be named, were taking a photo of the Pyramid of the Sun when they saw people start running towards them and shouting about a gunman.
「銃声はますます大きくなり、頻繁になり、周りの人たちも同じように感じていました。何人かが『こっちから来るぞ!』と叫び、かなりのパニック状態になりました」と、彼らはBBCに語った。
"Gunfire was becoming louder and more frequent and people around us felt the same, because a couple of people shouted things like, 'They're coming this way,' which created quite a lot of panic," they told the BBC.
何が起こっているのか混乱しながらも、このカップルはツアーグループを説得して出口へ向かわせた。チケット売り場に着くと、観光客がまだ入場しているのが見えた。
The couple persuaded their tour group to make their way to an exit, despite some confusion as to what was unfolding - as they reached the ticket gates, they saw tourists still entering the site.
「組織的な避難誘導は全くありませんでした。職員が走り回っているのは見えましたが、誰も避難するように指示していませんでした」と、彼らはBBCに語った。
"There was no coordinated evacuation whatsoever - we could see that there were officials running around, but none of them were telling anyone to leave," they told the BBC.
彼らは、リュックサックを所持していたにもかかわらず、敷地内に入る際にセキュリティチェックを受けなかったと付け加えた。
They added they were not subject to any security checks when entering the site, despite having a backpack with them.
「まさかこんな状況に陥るとは思ってもみませんでしたが、結果的には無事でした」と彼らは語った。
"You never think it's going to be the situation you have to deal with, but ultimately we are okay," they said.
「根本的に、私たちは幸運だったと思います。今日、誰かが命を落としたのですから。」
"I think, fundamentally we are the lucky ones - someone lost their life today."
テオティワカンは、巨大なピラミッド群を擁する古代都市で、アステカ文明よりも古い歴史を持ちます。
The Teotihuacán is an ancient city, home to massive pyramids, and predates the Aztecs.
メキシコ州政府は今月初め、今夏のワールドカップ期間中、テオティワカンで観光客向けの没入型ナイトショーを開催すると発表しました。
It will be the site of an immersive nighttime show for tourists during the World Cup this summer, the Mexico state government announced earlier this month.
今年初め、メキシコ政府は、ハリスコ新世代カルテルのリーダー、ネメシオ・オセゲラ(通称「エル・メンチョ」)の殺害後、同カルテルの武装集団がバリケードを燃やし、銃撃事件を起こして各地の都市を恐怖に陥れたことを受け、ワールドカップ期間中の治安は問題にならないと国民に保証せざるを得ませんでした。
Earlier this year, the Mexican Government was forced to reassure people that security will not be an issue during the tournament after gunmen from the Jalisco New Generation Cartel terrorised numerous cities amid burning barricades and gun violence following the killing of the group's leader, Nemesio Oseguera, known as "El Mencho".
今回の事件は麻薬関連の暴力とは無関係のようです。被害者はカナダ人観光客で、遺跡の象徴である月のピラミッドから発砲した男に撃たれました。
While this latest incident appears to have no link to drug violence: the victim was a Canadian tourist shot by a man who opened fire from the site's iconic Pyramid of the Moon.
犯人はその後、自殺したとみられています。コロンビア、ロシア、カナダ国籍の数名が負傷し、病院で治療を受けています。
The shooter then apparently took his own life. Several more victims, citizens from Colombia, Russia and Canada, were injured and are being treated in hospital.
メキシコでは麻薬カルテルによる暴力が蔓延していますが、観光客が巻き込まれるこのような事件は稀です。
Despite the widespread cartel violence in Mexico, such incidents involving tourists are rare.
ワールドカップの開幕戦は6月11日、メキシコシティでメキシコ対南アフリカ戦が行われる。メキシコ当局によると、今大会には約550万人の海外からの観客が訪れると見込まれている。ワールドカップの共同開催国であるメキシコは、国内で麻薬カルテルによる暴力が続く中、今夏の大会で観客を守るため、約10万人の警備員を配置する予定だ。
The opening game of the World Cup will be held in Mexico City on 11th June, between Mexico and South Africa. The tournament is expected to draw some 5.5 million international visitors, Mexican officials have said. As World Cup co-hosts, Mexico plans to deploy nearly 100,000 security personnel to protect fans at this summer's tournament, amid ongoing drug cartel violence in the country.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m