見出し画像

ナイジェリア大統領、拉致事件を受けて非常事態を宣言し軍を強化 abc NEWS 2025/11/28

Nigeria's president declares emergency and beefs up forces following abductions - ABC News

ナイジェリア、ラゴス発 ― ナイジェリアのボラ・ティヌブ大統領は水曜日、2件の児童の集団拉致事件と民間人への一連の襲撃を受け、全国的な非常事態を宣言した。
LAGOS, Nigeria -- Nigerian President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday declared a nationwide emergency following two mass abductions of schoolchildren and a spate of attacks against civilians.

ティヌブ大統領は、政府は警察官を2万人増員し、総勢を5万人とすると述べた。また、情報機関に対し、武装勢力から遠隔地を守るため、森林警備隊の派遣を承認した。
Tinubu said the government will recruit 20,000 additional police officers, raising the total to 50,000. He also authorized the intelligence service to deploy forest guards to protect remote areas from armed groups.

「ナイジェリア国民の皆さん、これは国家的な非常事態です。特に治安が不安定な地域において、地上部隊を増派することで対応します」とティヌブ大統領は声明で述べた。憲法は、国家危機の際に大統領が非常事態を宣言することを認めている。
“My fellow Nigerians, this is a national emergency, and we are responding by deploying more boots on the ground, especially in security-challenged areas,” he said in a statement. The constitution allows the president to declare emergency during national crises.

武装集団による最近の攻撃とドナルド・トランプ米大統領からの脅迫は、ナイジェリアにさらなる圧力をかけている。先週、武装勢力がケビ州で25人の学生、ニジェール州で300人以上の学生を拉致した。ケビ州で拉致された学生は救出され、両親と再会したが、残りの学生の捜索は続いている。
Recent attacks by armed groups and threats from U.S. President Donald Trump have heaped pressure on Nigeria. Last week, gunmen took 25 students in Kebbi state and more than 300 in Niger state. Those abducted from Kebbi were rescued and united with their parents, while there is an ongoing search for the others.

トランプ大統領によるキリスト教徒迫害の主張と「銃を乱射する」介入の脅迫は、ナイジェリアの深刻な治安危機を浮き彫りにした。
Trump’s claims of persecution of Christians and threat of “guns-a-blazing” intervention have highlighted the critical security crises in the country.

ティヌブ外相はまた、攻撃を抑止するため、遠隔地の学校、教会、モスクの警備強化を求めた。アナリストたちは、ティヌブ外相の地上部隊増強計画は、治安悪化の流れを変えるには不十分かもしれないと指摘している。Tinubu also called for enhanced protection in schools, churches and mosques in remote areas to deter attacks. Analysts say Tinubu's plan for more boots on the ground may not be enough to reverse the tide of insecurity.

「これは十分ではないと思います。支配層エリートたちは、治安部隊の採用という問題が単なる人員投入の域を超えているという重大な現実にまだ気づいていないからです」と、ラゴスに拠点を置く地政学コンサルティング会社SBMインテリジェンスの上級安全保障アナリスト、コンフィデンス・マクハリー氏はAP通信に語った。
“I don’t think it goes far enough. This is because the ruling elites are yet to awaken to the major reality that the issue has gone beyond throwing bodies at the problem in terms of recruitment for the security forces,” Confidence McHarry, a senior security analyst at SBM Intelligence, a Lagos-based geopolitical consultancy, told The Associated Press.

彼は、政府の説明責任、地域住民の不満、兵士の福利厚生といった紛争の根本原因に対処しなければ、この雇用計画は失敗する可能性が高いと述べた。He said the hiring initiative is likely to fail without addressing the root causes of conflicts, like government accountability, local grievances and welfare of troops.

ナイジェリア全土では、ボコ・ハラムやその分派組織であるイスラム国西アフリカ州のような宗教宗派や、主に金銭目的で攻撃を行う組織など、複数の武装集団が活動している。
Multiple armed groups operate across Nigeria, including religious sects like Boko Haram and its splinter group, Islamic State West Africa Province, and others who attack mainly for money.

治安の悪化を理由に非常事態宣言が発令されたのは、2013年にナイジェリア北東部でテロ集団の新たな脅威に対処するためであった。
The last time a state of emergency was declared for insecurity was in 2013 in Nigeria's northeast region to address an emerging threat from terrorist groups.


海外記事の和訳まとめ|世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中

いいなと思ったら応援しよう!

世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中 よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m