ボンダイ銃撃犯から銃を奪い取った「英雄」の家族が祈りを捧げる(シドニー) BBC 2025/12/15
Bondi hero's family 'praying' son recovers after tackling shooter
ボンダイビーチの襲撃犯の一人から銃を奪い取った「英雄」の傍観者の両親は、彼の傷が早く癒えるよう祈っていると述べた。
The parents of a "hero" bystander who wrestled a gun from one of the Bondi Beach attackers have said they are praying he recovers from his wounds.
BBCが確認した映像には、43歳のアハメド・アル・アハメド氏が銃撃犯に突進し、銃を奪い取った後、銃を向けて退却を強いる様子が映っていた。
Video verified by the BBC showed Ahmed al Ahmed, 43, running at the gunman and seizing his weapon, before turning the gun round on him and forcing his retreat.
彼のいとこによると、アハメド氏はその後、腕と手の銃創の手術を受けたという。母親は地元メディアに対し、「神様が彼を救ってくださいますように」と語っている。
His cousin said Mr Ahmed had since undergone surgery for gunshot wounds to his arm and hand, while his mother told local media: "We pray that God saves him."
果物店を経営し、2児の父である彼は、日曜日にハヌカを祝うイベントで15人が死亡、数十人が負傷した銃撃事件に介入したことで、英雄として称賛されている。
The fruit shop owner and father of two has been hailed as a hero for intervening in the shooting, which killed 15 people and left dozens injured at an event to celebrate Hanukkah on Sunday.
警察は、この事件をユダヤ人コミュニティを狙ったテロ事件と断定した。
Police have declared it a terrorist incident targeting the Jewish community.
アハメドさんのいとこ、ムスタファさんは日曜日夜遅く、7News Australiaに対し、「彼は英雄です。100%英雄です。彼は2回撃たれています。1回は腕に、もう1回は手にです」と語った。
Mr Ahmed's cousin, Mustafa, told 7News Australia late on Sunday: "He is a hero, 100% he is a hero. He has two shots, one in his arm and one in his hand."
月曜日早朝、ムスタファさんは「彼が大丈夫だといいのですが。昨夜、彼に会いました。彼は大丈夫でしたが、医師の診断を待っています」と付け加えた。
In an update early on Monday, Mustafa said: "I hope he will be fine. I saw him last night. He was alright but we're waiting to see what the doctor (says)."
両親はオーストラリア放送協会(ABC)に対し、息子は4、5発撃たれたと語った。
His parents told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation that he had been shot four or five times.
父親は、アハメド氏は「自分が救っている人々、路上で亡くなっている人々の生い立ちを考えていなかった」と述べた。
His father said Mr Ahmed "wasn't thinking about the background of the people he's saving, the people dying in the street".
「彼は国籍を区別しません。特にここオーストラリアでは、国民と市民の間に違いはありません」
"He doesn't discriminate between one nationality and another. Especially here in Australia, there's no difference between one citizen and another."
両親は、息子が2006年にオーストラリアに来た時以来、息子と離れ離れになっていたと語った。数ヶ月前にシリアからシドニーに来たばかりだった。
They said they had been separated from their son since 2006 when he came to Australia. They had travelled to Sydney from Syria a couple of months ago.
ニューサウスウェールズ州のクリス・ミンズ首相は月曜日夜遅く、自身とアハメド氏の写真を投稿し、彼を「現実のヒーロー」と評した。
New South Wales Premier Chris Minns shared a picture of himself and Mr Ahmed late on Monday and described him as a "real-life hero".
ミンズ首相はFacebookに、「彼の並外れた勇気は、多大な危険を冒してテロリストの武装解除に成功したことで、間違いなく数え切れないほどの命を救った」と綴った。
"His incredible bravery no doubt saved countless lives when he disarmed a terrorist at enormous personal risk," he wrote on Facebook.
ミンズ首相は、アハメド氏と時間を過ごし、「ニューサウスウェールズ州民の感謝の気持ちを伝えることができたのは光栄だった」と述べた。
He said it had been an honour to spend time with Mr Ahmed and "to pass on the thanks of people across NSW".
「アハメド氏の無私の勇気がなければ、さらに多くの命が失われていたことは間違いありません。」
"There is no doubt that more lives would have been lost if not for Ahmed's selfless courage."
一方、あるアメリカの億万長者はアハメド氏を「勇敢な英雄」と呼び、9万9999豪ドル(6万5000米ドル、4万9000ポンド)を寄付した。
Meanwhile, a US billionaire donated A$99,999 (US$ 65,000; £49,000) to Mr Ahmed, calling him a "brave hero".
パーシング・スクエア・キャピタル・マネジメントのCEO、ウィリアム・アックマン氏は、アハメド氏のためのGoFundMeに最高額の寄付を行い、同ファンドは月曜日の夜までに100万ドル以上を集めた。
William Ackman, the CEO of Pershing Square Capital Management, made the top donation to a GoFundMe for Mr Ahmed, which had raised more than $1m by late Monday.
アハメド氏の介入の様子を捉えた映像は、オンラインで広く共有された。
The footage of Mr Ahmed's intervention was shared widely online.
映像には、銃撃犯の一人が小さな歩道橋近くのヤシの木の後ろに立ち、視界から外れた標的に向けて銃を発砲する様子が映っている。
It shows one of the gunmen standing behind a palm tree near a small pedestrian bridge, aiming and shooting his gun towards a target out of sight.
駐車中の車の後ろに隠れていたアハメド氏が、襲撃犯に向かって飛び出し、タックルする様子も映っている。
Mr Ahmed, who was hiding behind a parked car, is seen leaping out at the attacker and tackling him.
彼はなんとか襲撃者から銃を奪い取り、地面に押し倒して銃を彼に向けました。襲撃者は橋に向かって後退し始めました。
He manages to wrestle the gun from the attacker, pushes him to the ground and points the gun towards him. The attacker begins to retreat back to the bridge.
アハメド氏はその後、銃を下ろし、片手を空中に掲げ、自分が発砲犯ではないことを警察に示したように見えました。
Mr Ahmed then lowers the weapon and raises one hand in the air, appearing to show police he was not one of the shooters.
その後、同じ襲撃者が橋の上で別の銃を手に取り、再び発砲しているのが目撃されました。
The same attacker is later seen on the bridge picking up another weapon and firing again.
別の銃撃犯も橋から発砲を続けている。狙撃対象が誰なのか、あるいは何なのかは不明だ。
Another gunman also continues firing from the bridge. It is unclear who or what they are aiming at.
オーストラリアのアンソニー・アルバネーゼ首相は日曜日、「今日、オーストラリアの人々が他者を助けるために危険に飛び込むのを私たちは見てきました。
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said on Sunday: "We have seen Australians today run towards danger in order to help others.
これらのオーストラリアの人々は英雄であり、彼らの勇気が人々の命を救ったのです。」と述べた。
"These Australians are heroes, and their bravery has saved lives."
ホワイトハウスのクリスマスレセプションで演説したドナルド・トランプ米大統領も、アハメド氏を称賛し、「深い敬意」を表明した。
Speaking at a White House Christmas reception, US President Donald Trump also praised Mr Ahmed, saying he had "great respect" for him.
「銃撃犯の一人に正面から立ち向かい、多くの命を救った彼は、実に勇敢な人物でした」とトランプ大統領は述べた。
"It's been a very, very brave person, actually, who went and attacked frontally one of the shooters, and saved a lot of lives," he said.
警察によると、銃撃犯2人は50歳と24歳の父子で、地元メディアはサジド・アクラム氏と息子のナヴィード・アクラム氏と報じている。
Police say that the two shooters involved were a father and son aged 50 and 24. They have been named by local media as Sajid Akram and son Naveed Akram.
サジド・アクラム氏は現場で死亡し、息子は重体で入院中である。
Sajid Akram died at the scene while his son remains in hospital in critical condition.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m