見出し画像

ルーブル美術館館長、注目を集めた強盗事件から数ヶ月後に辞任 BBC 2026/2/25

Louvre museum director resigns months after high-profile heist

世界で最も訪問者数の多い美術館の一つ、パリのルーブル美術館の館長が、フランスの王冠の盗難事件から数ヶ月後に辞任した。
The director of the Louvre in Paris has resigned, months after the high-profile theft of France's crown jewels from one of the world's most visited museums.

ロレンス・デ・カール氏はエマネル・マクロン大統領に辞表を提出した。大統領府によると、美術館は「セキュリティと近代化を含む大規模プロジェクトを成功させるには、冷静さと力強い新たな推進力が必要」としており、大統領は彼女の決断を称賛した。
Laurence des Cars submitted her resignation to President Emmanel Macron, who praised her decision at a time when, his office said, the museum needed "calm and a strong new impetus to successfully carry out major projects involving security, and modernisation".

水曜日には、現在ヴェルサイユ宮殿の館長を務めるクリストフ・ルリボー氏が新館長に任命された。
A new director was appointed on Wednesday - Christophe Leribault, who is currently the director of Palace of Versailles.

10月、窃盗犯は盗難車搭載型機械式リフトを使い、セーヌ川近くのバルコニーから美術館に侵入した。
In October, thieves used a stolen vehicle-mounted mechanical lift to gain access to the museum from a balcony close to the River Seine.

主犯4人は逮捕されましたが、推定8800万ユーロ(7600万ポンド、1億400万ドル)相当の貴重な宝飾品8点が未だに回収されていません。ナポレオン皇帝が妃に贈ったダイヤモンドとエメラルドのネックレスも含まれています。
The four main suspects have been arrested, but eight prized pieces of jewellery, worth an estimated €88m (£76m; $104m) have not been recovered. They include a diamond and an emerald necklace Emperor Napoleon gave to his wife.

フランス文化省は、ルリボー氏の就任に関する声明の中で、「ルリボー氏の最優先事項は、建物、収蔵品、そして職員の安全とセキュリティを強化し、信頼関係を回復し、すべてのチームと共に美術館に必要な改革を進めていくことです」と述べました。
"Leribault's priority will be to strengthen the safety and security of the building, the collections, and people, to restore a climate of trust, and to carry forward, together with all the teams, the necessary transformations for the museum," France's culture ministry said in a statement about his appointment.

ルーヴル美術館は今月初め、窃盗犯が逃走中に落とされ、損傷したウジェニー皇后所有の19世紀のダイヤモンドがちりばめられた王冠の画像を初めて公開しました。
Earlier this month, the Louvre released the first image of a 19th-Century diamond-studded crown belonging to Empress Eugenie, which was dropped as the thieves fled and was damaged.

レオナルド・ダ・ヴィンチの「モナ・リザ」など、貴重な美術作品を所蔵する同美術館は、この王冠は「ほぼ無傷」で、完全に修復できると発表しました。
The museum, which is home to priceless works of art including Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, said it was "nearly intact" and could be fully restored.

襲撃から数日後、デ・カール氏はルーブル美術館周辺の防犯カメラが脆弱で「老朽化」していることを認めた。犯人が侵入したルーブル美術館の外壁を監視していた唯一のカメラは、宝石が収蔵されているアポロの回廊に通じるバルコニーとは反対側を向いていた。
Days after the raid, des Cars admitted that CCTV around the Louvre's perimeter was weak and "ageing" - with the only camera monitoring the exterior wall of the Louvre where the thieves broke in pointing away from the balcony that led to Gallery of Apollo housing the jewels.

ルーブル美術館は年間870万人以上という膨大な数の来館者数を抱えているにもかかわらず、セキュリティへの投資は遅れており、彼女は大規模な施設が直面する予算上の課題を指摘した。
Despite the museum's huge volume of visitors - more than 8.7 million a year - investment in security has been slow and she highlighted the budget challenges big institutions face.

2021年にルーブル美術館の館長に就任したデ・カール氏は、防犯カメラの数を倍増させたいと述べた。
Des Cars, who became director of the Louvre in 2021, said she wanted to double the number of CCTV cameras.

これらの不備に関する議会調査が進行中です。
A parliamentary inquiry into the failures is under way.

調査結果は5月に発表される予定ですが、先週発表された予備報告書では、侵入を可能にした「システム上の欠陥」について言及されています。
Its findings are due out in May, but a preliminary report released last week spoke of "systemic failures" which enabled the break-in.

その後、美術館では水漏れに加え、チケット詐欺の疑いも発生しています。
Since then, the museum has also been beset by a suspected ticket fraud scheme, as well as suffering a water leak.



海外記事の和訳まとめ|世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中

いいなと思ったら応援しよう!

世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中 よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m