宝石泥棒が侵入したルーブル美術館の壁にはカメラは設置されていなかったと館長が語る BBC 2025/10/23
Louvre failed to spot jewel thieves early enough, says museum boss
ルーヴル美術館の館長は、8800万ユーロ(約90億円)相当のフランスの王冠宝石の盗難を阻止するのに十分な早期発見ができなかったと明らかにした。The Louvre failed to spot a gang of thieves early enough to stop the theft of €88m (£76m) worth of French crown jewels, the museum's director has revealed.
日曜日の盗難事件後初めて公の場で証言したローレンス・デ・カール館長は、ルーヴル美術館周辺の防犯カメラは性能が悪く「老朽化」しているとフランス上院議員らに語った。
Laurence des Cars, speaking publicly for the first time since the heist on Sunday, told French senators that CCTV around the Louvre's perimeter was weak and "aging".
侵入現場となったルーブル美術館の外壁を監視していた唯一のカメラは、宝石が収蔵されているアポロのギャラリーに通じる1階バルコニーとは反対側を向いていたと彼女は語った。
The only camera monitoring the exterior wall of the Louvre where they broke in was pointing away from the first-floor balcony that led to Gallery of Apollo housing the jewels, she said.
「私たちはこれらの宝石を失わせてしまいました」と彼女は言い、「残忍な犯罪者から誰も守られていなかった。ルーブル美術館でさえも」と付け加えた。
"We failed these jewels," she said, adding that no-one was protected from "brutal criminals - not even the Louvre".
大臣たちは記者会見やインタビューで警備上の不備を否定したが、デ・カール氏はそれを否定し、ルーブル美術館は「敗北」したと認めた。
Ministers have given press conferences and interviews and denied security failings, but des Cars cut through that and admitted the Louvre had been "defeated".
彼女の言葉は、世界で最も多くの来館者数を誇る美術館の警備の難しさ、そしてその警備体制がいかに劣悪であったかについて、驚くべき洞察を与えた。
Her words gave an extraordinary insight into the difficulty of securing the world's most visited museum, and how bad its security really was.
ルーブル美術館の外にあるCCTVシステムは「非常に不十分」だと彼女は述べ、内部も一部のエリアはあまりにも古すぎて最新技術を導入できない状態だった。
The CCTV system outside the Louvre was "very unsatisfactory" she said and inside, some areas were simply too old to adapt to modern technologies.
美術館の来館者数は昨年だけで870万人と非常に多いにもかかわらず、セキュリティへの投資は遅れており、彼女は大規模な施設が直面する予算上の課題を指摘した。
Despite the museum's huge volume of visitors - 8.7 million last year alone - investment in security has been slow and she highlighted the budget challenges big institutions face.
2021年にルーブル美術館の館長に就任したデ・カール氏は、CCTVカメラの数を倍増させたいと述べた。
Des Cars, who became director of the Louvre in 2021, said she wanted to double the number of CCTV cameras.
彼女は、就任当時、以前勤務していたオルセー美術館の最新設備とは対照的に、ルーブル美術館の設備がいかに「時代遅れ」であるかを警告されたと語った。
She said she was warned about how "obsolete" the equipment at the Louvre was when she took the job, in contrast to the modern equipment of the Musée d'Orsay, where she had worked previously.
水曜日の公聴会で彼女が面会した上院議員の中には、ルーブル美術館の警備体制に不信感を表明し、なぜ川に面した外壁にカメラが1台しか設置されておらず、しかもそれがなぜ間違った方向を向いているのかと疑問を呈した者もいた。
Some of the senators she faced at Wednesday's hearing expressed incredulity at the Louvre's security, asking why there was just one camera - on the external wall facing the river - and why it was pointing the wrong way.
このたった1台の不調により、盗賊団と美術館1階への移動に使われていた機械式はしごを積んだトラックがアポロ・ギャラリーの麓に到着した際に、全く発見されなかった。
That single failure meant that the lorry carrying the gang and their mechanical ladder, used to reach the gallery's first floor, was not spotted at all as it arrived at the foot of the Gallery of Apollo.
「ルーブル美術館には弱点があり、私はそれを完全に認めます」とデ・カール氏は上院議員たちに語った。
"There is a weakness at the Louvre and I acknowledge it completely," des Cars told the senators.
彼女は、侵入を察知してすぐに建物から避難した警備員を称賛したが、「窃盗犯の到着を早期に察知することができませんでした…当館の境界警備の弱点は周知の事実です」と認めた。
She praised security guards who she said acted quickly to evacuate the building as soon as they were aware there had been an intrusion, but she conceded: "We did not spot the arrival of the thieves early enough... the weakness of our perimeter protection is known."
美術館は水曜日に再開しましたが、ギャラリーは閉鎖されたままでした。The museum re-opened on Wednesday, although the gallery remained shut.
ルーブル美術館には、レオナルド・ダ・ヴィンチの「モナ・リザ」をはじめとする貴重な美術品が収蔵されています。
The Louvre is home to priceless works of art including Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa.
先週日曜日の朝、わずか10分足らずで世界有数の美術館の一つに侵入した4人組の強盗の捜索は、現在も続いています。彼らは、ナポレオン皇帝が妃に贈ったダイヤモンドとエメラルドのネックレスを含む、貴重な宝飾品8点を盗み出しました。
A hunt is still under way for the gang of four who, over the space of less than 10 minutes last Sunday morning, broke into one of the world's most famous museums. They made off with eight prized pieces of jewellery including a diamond and emerald necklace Emperor Napoleon gave to his wife.
逃走中に、ウジェニー皇后所有の19世紀のダイヤモンドがちりばめられた王冠を落としました。王冠は回収されましたが、損傷しており、ローレンス・デ・カールは上院議員らに対し、犯人が展示ケースからこじ開けた際に押しつぶされた可能性が高いと述べました。
As they fled, they dropped a 19th-Century diamond-studded crown belonging to Empress Eugenie. Although it was recovered, the crown was damaged, and Laurence des Cars told the senators that it had probably been crushed as the thieves prised it from its display case.
「初期評価では、繊細な修復は可能と思われます」とデ・カールは述べました。
"Initial assessments suggest that a delicate restoration is possible," des Cars said.
公聴会で彼女が指摘した美術館の問題点には、過去10年間の監視・警備人員削減や、最新世代のビデオ機器に対応できない老朽化したインフラなどが含まれていた。
Some of the museum's problems she raised at the hearing included cuts in surveillance and security staff over the past decade and decaying infrastructure that could not handle the latest generation of video equipment.
館長は、セキュリティ強化のための工事が2026年初頭に開始されることを期待している。
The director hopes that work to improve security will begin at the start of 2026.
しかし、かつて王宮であったこの建物の老朽化したインフラを考えると、困難な作業となることが予想される。
However, it is expected to be challenging given the aging infrastructure of what was once a royal palace.
デ・カール氏は、強盗事件後、文化省に辞表を提出したものの却下されたと述べた。上院議員らに対し、ルーブル美術館の状況について以前から懸念を表明していたと述べた。
Des Cars said she had tendered her resignation to the culture ministry after the heist but had been refused. She told senators she had been raising concerns about the state of the Louvre for some time.
ルーブル美術館とその歴史的コレクションの保護よりも自身の安楽を優先したというメディアの非難に対し、彼女は怒りを露わにし、憤慨さえした様子で自己弁護した。
She became animated, even indignant, as she defended herself from media allegations that she prioritised her own comfort ahead of protecting the Louvre and its historic collections.
「ある意味、内部告発者として私が発していた警告が、先週の日曜日に現実のものとなったことに、理事長兼館長として深く傷ついています。
"I am wounded as chair and director that the warnings I was raising, as a whistle-blower, in a sense, have come to pass last Sunday.
ルーヴル美術館はひどい失敗を犯しました。私はその責任を負います」と彼女は述べた。
"We've had a terrible failure at the Louvre. I've taken responsibility for it," she said.
ローラン・ヌニェス内務大臣は水曜日、フランスのラジオ局ヨーロッパ1に対し、犯人は必ず逮捕されると「確信している」と述べた。
Interior Minister Laurent Nuñez told France's Europe1 radio on Wednesday that he had "every confidence" the thieves would be caught.
検察は、犯人らは犯罪組織の指示を受けていたとの見方を示している。Prosecutors have said their theory is that the robbers were under orders for a criminal organisation.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m