見出し画像

イランの抗議活動の死者数は3万人を超える可能性、地元保健当局が発表 TIME 2026/1/25

More Than 30,000 Killed in Iran, Say Senior Officials | TIME


イラン保健省の高官2人がTIME誌に語ったところによると、1月8日と9日の2日間だけで、イランの路上で最大3万人が殺害された可能性があるという。これは死者数が劇的に増加したことを示唆している。
As many as 30,000 people could have been killed in the streets of Iran on Jan. 8 and 9 alone, two senior officials of the country’s Ministry of Health told TIME—indicating a dramatic surge in the death toll.

イラン治安部隊による殺害は木曜日と金曜日にあまりにも多く、国家の遺体処理能力を圧倒した。当局者によると、遺体袋の在庫は底をつき、救急車の代わりに18輪のセミトレーラーが使用されたという。
So many people were slaughtered by Iranian security services on that Thursday and Friday, it overwhelmed the state’s capacity to dispose of the dead. Stocks of body bags were exhausted, the officials said, and eighteen-wheel semi-trailers replaced ambulances.

これまで公表されていなかった政府内部の死者数は、最高指導者アリ・ハメネイ師に直接報告する政権強硬派が1月21日に発表した3,117人を大きく上回っている(各省庁は選出された大統領に報告している)。
The government’s internal count of the dead, not previously revealed, far surpasses the toll of 3,117 announced on Jan. 21 by regime hardliners who report directly to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. (Ministries report to the elected President.)

この3万人という数字は、活動家が死者に系統的に名前を付与して集計している数字をはるかに上回っている。土曜日の時点で、米国に拠点を置く人権活動家通信社(Human Rights Activists News Agency)は、5,459人の死亡を確認し、さらに17,031人の死亡を調査中であると発表した。
The 30,000 figure is also far beyond tallies being compiled by activists methodically assigning names to the dead. As of Saturday, the U.S.-based Human Rights Activists News Agency said it had confirmed 5,459 deaths and is investigating 17,031 more.

TIME誌はこれらの数字を独自に検証することができていない。
TIME has been unable to independently verify these figures.

保健省が発表した2日間の数字は、医師や救急隊員が集計し、タイム誌にも提供された数字とほぼ一致している。このデータの報告書を作成したドイツ系イラン人眼科医、アミール・パラスタ医師によると、病院が記録した死者数は金曜日時点で3万304人だったという。
The Health Ministry’s two-day figure roughly aligns with a count gathered by physicians and first responders, and also shared with TIME. That surreptitious tally of deaths recorded by hospitals stood at 30,304 as of Friday, according to Dr. Amir Parasta, a German-Iranian eye surgeon who prepared a report of the data.

パラスタ医師は、この数字には、軍病院に登録された人々の抗議活動に関連した死亡、遺体が直接遺体安置所に搬送された人々、あるいは調査が及ばなかった地域で発生した死亡は含まれていないと述べた。
Parasta said that number does not reflect protest-related deaths of people registered at military hospitals, whose bodies were taken directly to morgues, or that happened in locales the inquiry did not reach.

イラン国家安全保障会議は、抗議活動は全国で約4000か所で発生したと述べている。
Iran’s National Security Council has said protests took place in around 4,000 locations across the country.

「現実に近づいてきています」とパラスタ博士は述べた。「しかし、実際の数字はまだはるかに高いでしょう。」
“We are getting closer to reality,” Dr. Parasta said. “But I guess the real figures are still way higher.”

政府が2日間で3万人以上が死亡したと発表している内部統計には、まさにそれが暗黙の事実として含まれているようだ。
That appears to be the reality implicit in the government’s internal figure of more than 30,000 deaths in two days.

わずか48時間の間にこれほどの規模の虐殺が行われたことは、大量殺戮の専門家たちを翻弄し、比較対象を探らせた。
A slaughter on that scale, in the space of 48 hours, had experts on mass killing groping for comparisons.

「殺人の突発的増加のほとんどは銃撃によるものではない」と、暴力による死の疫学を専門とするコロンビア大学教授レス・ロバーツ氏は述べた。「アレッポ(シリア)やファルージャ(イラク)では、数日間でこれほどの殺人が突発的に発生したが、そのほとんどは爆発物によるもので、銃撃も一部含まれていた」
“Most spasms of killing are not from shootings,” said Les Roberts, a professor at Columbia University who specializes in the epidemiology of violent death. “In Aleppo [Syria] and in Fallujah [Iraq], when spasms of death this high have occurred over a few days, it involved mostly explosives with some shooting.”

オンラインデータベースが示す唯一の類似事例は、ホロコーストである。1941年9月29日と30日、キエフ郊外のバビニ・ヤールと呼ばれる渓谷で、ナチスの暗殺部隊が3万3000人のウクライナ系ユダヤ人を銃殺した。
The only parallel offered by online databases occurred in the Holocaust. On the outskirts of Kyiv on Sept. 29 and 30, 1941, Nazi death squads executed 33,000 Ukrainian Jews by gunshot in a ravine known as Babyn Yar.

イランでは、12月28日以降、数十万人の市民が街頭に集結し、まずは急落する経済からの救済を求め、そして間もなくイスラム政権の崩壊を訴える声を上げていた。キリング・フィールドは国中に広がった。
In Iran, the killing fields extended across the country where, since Dec. 28, hundreds of thousands of citizens had assembled in the streets chanting first, for relief from an economy in freefall, and soon for the downfall of the Islamic regime.

最初の1週間、治安部隊は主に非致死性の武力を用いて一部のデモに対抗したが、当局者らは融和的な言葉も発していたため、政権側の対応は不透明だった。
During the first week, security forces confronted some demonstrations, using mostly non-lethal force, but with officials also offering conciliatory language, the regime response was uncertain.

しかし、1月8日からの週末に状況は一変した。イラン前国王の亡命中の息子、レザー・パフラヴィー氏を含む反体制派が人々にデモへの参加を呼びかけ、抗議活動はピークに達した。ドナルド・トランプ米大統領は彼らを守ると繰り返し誓ったが、救援は届かなかった。
That changed during the weekend commencing Jan. 8. Protests peaked, as opposition groups, including Reza Pahlavi, the exiled son of Iran’s former shah, urged people to join the throngs, and U.S. President Donald Trump repeated vows to protect them, though no help arrived.

目撃者によると、当局がインターネットと外部とのあらゆる通信を遮断した際、数百万人が街頭にいたという。
Witnesses say millions were in the streets when authorities shut down the internet and all other communications with the outside world.

目撃者や携帯電話の映像によると、屋上から狙撃兵が銃撃し、重機関銃を搭載したトラックが発砲した。1月9日金曜日、イスラム革命防衛隊の幹部は国営テレビで、街頭に出る者に対し「もし銃弾が当たっても文句を言うな」と警告した。
Rooftop snipers and trucks mounted with heavy machine guns opened fire, according to eyewitnesses and cell phone footage. On Friday, Jan. 9, an official of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps warned on state television to anyone venturing into the streets, “if … a bullet hits you, don’t complain.”

インターネットの遮断から現実が明らかになるまで数日を要した。血まみれの遺体の画像は、違法なスターリンク衛星インターネット接続を通じて少しずつ流出した。
It took days for the reality to penetrate the internet blackout. Images of the bloodied bodies trickled out via illicit Starlink satellite internet connections.

しかし、当局がイラン国内の通信回線も遮断していたため、死者数を数える作業は困難を極めた。
The task of counting the dead was hampered, however, because the authorities had also cut off lines of communications inside Iran.

最初の確かな情報は、テヘランの医師から得たもので、彼はタイム誌に対し、木曜日の襲撃後、首都のわずか6つの病院で少なくとも217人の抗議参加者の死者が記録されたと語った。
The first firm information came from a Tehran doctor who told TIME that just six hospitals in the capital had recorded at least 217 protester deaths after Thursday’s assault.

ミュンヘンのパラスタ博士による以前の報告書によると、イランの医療従事者は1月10日までに少なくとも1万6500人の抗議参加者が殺害されたと推定している。金曜日の最新情報は、この研究に基づいているとパラスタ博士は述べた。
Health care workers in Iran estimated at least 16,500 protesters had been killed by Jan. 10, according to an earlier report by Dr. Parasta in Munich. Friday’s update built on that research, he said.

「極めて制約が多く危険な状況下で、これほど迅速にこの研究がまとめられたことに、心から感銘を受けています」と、ジョンズ・ホプキンス大学国際保健大学院のポール・B・シュピーゲル教授は述べた。
“I am genuinely impressed by how quickly this work was pulled together under extremely constrained and risky conditions,” said Paul B. Spiegel, a professor at the Johns Hopkins University International School of Health.

ロバーツ氏と同様に、シュピーゲル氏も病院から提供された数字から推計することには慎重な姿勢を示した。
Like Roberts, he expressed wariness of extrapolating from the figures provided by hospitals.

イラクとコンゴ民主共和国の民間人死亡率を調査するために戦場を訪れたロバーツ氏は、「確認された3万人という死者数は、ほぼ間違いなく過小評価です」と述べた。
Roberts, who traveled into war zones to research civilian death rates in Iraq and the Democratic Republic of Congo, said, “the 30,000 verified deaths are almost certainly an underestimate.”

保健省の発表された数字は、そのことを裏付けているように思われる。同時に、1979年に現職政権が数百万人の民衆の反対を受け政権を掌握した政権にとって、そしてイラン国民にとって、どれほどの重大さがあるのか​​を浮き彫りにしている。
The emergence of the Ministry of Health numbers appears to confirm that—while underscoring the stakes for both Iranians and a regime that, in 1979, came to power when a sitting government was confronted by millions of people demanding its downfall.

1月9日金曜日、アニメーションアーティストを目指すサバ・ラシュティアンさんは、美しい景観で知られるイラン中部の都市エスファハーンで、友人たちと街頭活動を行なった。 「誰かが叫び始める前に、サバさんが地面に倒れているのが見られた」と友人はタイム誌に語った。「彼女の妹は彼女の手に血が付いているのに気づいた」
On Friday, Jan. 9, Sahba Rashtian, an aspiring animation artist, joined friends on the streets in Isfahan, a city in central Iran famous for its beauty. "Before anyone started chanting," a friend told TIME, "Sahba was seen collapsed on the ground. Her sister noticed blood on her hand.”

サバさんは近くの病院の手術台の上で亡くなった。享年23歳だった。
Sahba died on an operating table at a nearby hospital. She was 23.

「彼女はいつも自分の美しい名前について冗談を言っていました」と友人は語った。「『サバはワインという意味で、イスラム共和国では私は禁じられている』と笑っていました」
“She always joked about her beautiful name,” her friend said. “She’d laugh and say, ‘Sahba means wine, and I am forbidden in the Islamic Republic.’”

友人によると、葬儀では宗教儀式は禁止され、ラシュティアンさんの父親は白い服を着たという。
At the burial, the friend said, religious rites were barred, and Rashtian’s father wore white.

友人によると、父親は会葬者に「おめでとうございます。娘は自由への道で殉教者となりました」と語ったという。
“Congratulations,” he told mourners, according to the friend. “My daughter became a martyr on the path to freedom.”

海外記事の和訳まとめ|世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中

いいなと思ったら応援しよう!

世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中 よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m