ミネアポリスで連邦捜査官がアレックス・プレッティを射殺した事件についてわかっていること BBC 2026/1/25
Minneapolis shooting: What we know about death of Alex Pretti
連邦捜査官は土曜日、ミネアポリスで男性を射殺した。トランプ政権による今月の移民取り締まり強化で、市内で射殺されたのはこれで2人目となる。
Federal agents shot and killed a man in Minneapolis on Saturday, the second person to be fatally shot in the city during the Trump administration's immigration enforcement crackdown this month.
地元当局は、この男性はミネアポリス在住で看護師として働いていた37歳のアメリカ国籍のアレックス・プレッティ氏だと特定した。
Local officials identified the man as 37-year-old Alex Pretti, a US citizen who lived in Minneapolis and worked as a nurse.
銃撃事件に至るまで、国境警備隊員と男性の間で小競り合いが繰り広げられた様子を捉えた動画が公開されている。国土安全保障省(DHS)は、プレッティ氏が拳銃を所持していたとされ、武装解除の試みに抵抗したため、捜査官らは正当防衛として発砲したと述べている。
Videos have emerged showing a scuffle between Border Patrol agents and the man in the lead up to the shooting. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said the agents fired in self-defence after Pretti, who they say had a handgun, resisted their attempts to disarm him.
目撃者、地元当局者、そして被害者の家族は、プレッティ氏が手にしていたのは武器ではなく携帯電話だったと指摘し、この主張に異議を唱えている。両親は、政権が事件について「吐き気がするような嘘」を広めていると非難した。「どうか息子の真実を明らかにしてください」と彼らは付け加えた。
Eyewitnesses, local officials and the victim's family have challenged that account, pointing out he had a phone in his hand, not a weapon. His parents accused the administration of spreading "sickening lies" about what happened. "Please get the truth out about our son," they added.
この事件は、移民局職員によるレニー・ニコル・グッドさんの射殺事件から2週間後に発生し、さらなる抗議活動を引き起こし、地元指導者らは連邦職員に市からの退去を求める声を新たにしている。
The incident, which came two weeks after the fatal shooting of Renee Nicole Good by an immigration agent, has led to further protests and renewed calls from local leaders for federal agents to leave the city.
これまでにわかっていることは以下の通りです。
Here is what we know so far.
銃撃事件の直前に何が起こったのか?
What happened in the moments before the shooting?
銃撃事件は土曜日の午前9時5分(現地時間、ミネアポリス南部のニコレット・アベニューと26番街付近)で発生しました。(グリニッジ標準時15時5分)
The shooting occurred on Saturday morning near Nicollet Avenue and 26th Street in south Minneapolis at 9:05 local time (15:05 GMT).
国境警備隊のグレッグ・ボヴィーノ司令官は、プレッティ容疑者が「9mm半自動拳銃」を持って警官に近づいた際、警官らは「標的を絞った」移民取締り作戦を実施していたと述べました。
Greg Bovino, the Border Patrol commander, said agents had been carrying out a "targeted" immigration enforcement operation when Pretti approached agents with a "9mm semi-automatic" handgun.
ボヴィーノ氏は、プレティ氏が銃を振りかざしていたかどうかは明らかにしなかったが、捜査官らが彼の武装解除を試み、彼が「激しく抵抗した」と述べた。司令官は、その後、国境警備隊員が「防御射撃を行った」と述べた。
Bovino did not specify if Pretti was brandishing the gun, but said agents attempted to disarm him and he "violently resisted". The commander said a Border Patrol officer then "fired defensive shots".
発砲直前の映像には、プレティ氏が道路の真ん中で携帯電話を手に捜査官らを撮影している様子が映っている。背景には、傍観者から口笛や叫び声が聞こえる。
Videos from the moments before the shooting show Pretti filming agents with his phone in the middle of the street. Whistling and shouting can be heard from bystanders in the background.
ある角度から見ると、捜査官が女性を押しているように見える。カメラがプレティ氏にパンすると、捜査官が彼女の肩に腕を回しているのが見える。その後、捜査官は別の女性を押し返す。同時に、プレティ氏は腕を伸ばし、彼女と捜査官の間に立つ。
From one angle, an agent appears to push a woman. When the camera pans back to Pretti, he is seen with his arm around her. The agent then pushes back a second woman. At the same time, Pretti reaches his arm out and stands between her and the agent.
その後、捜査官は彼の目に何かを吹きかける。プレティ氏は顔を背け、片方の手を挙げる。もう片方の手には携帯電話を握っているように見える。銃は映っていない。
The agent then sprays a substance in his eyes. Pretti turns his face away and reaches one open hand up in the air. He appears to be clutching a phone in the other. No gun is visible.
別の角度から撮影された別の動画では、他の捜査官が介入する前に、捜査官がプレティの腕を掴んでいる様子が映っている。プレティは地面に倒され、少なくとも6人の捜査官がその上に覆いかぶさっている。1人の捜査官が彼の頭を殴っているのが見える。
Another video from a different angle shows the agent grabbing Pretti by the arm, before more agents get involved. Pretti is brought to the ground, with at least six agents on top of him. One agent can be seen striking at his head.
もう1人の捜査官は、両手を空けて乱闘に近づいたように見え、銃と思われるものを手に後退した。彼が車に向かって離れようとした瞬間、隣に立っていた別の捜査官が発砲した。
Another officer, who appears to approach the scuffle with empty hands, pulls back with what appears to be a gun in his hand. As he moves away toward a vehicle, a split second later another agent standing beside him opens fire.
捜査官たちは地面に倒れた男性から飛び退き、発砲は続いた。合計10発の銃声が聞こえた。
The agents jump back from the man lying on the ground and the firing continues. A total of 10 gunshots are heard.
銃について何がわかっているのか?
What do we know about the gun?
銃撃事件後、国土安全保障省(DHS)はソーシャルメディアに銃の写真を掲載しました。銃はプレティ容疑者が所有していたとされています。また、プレティ容疑者は弾倉2つを所持しており、身分証明書は所持していないとも述べています。
After the shooting, DHS shared a photo of a firearm on social media, which they said belonged to Pretti. The agency also said he had two magazines of ammunition and no ID.
ボヴィーノ氏は記者団に対し、「ある人物が最大限の損害を与え、法執行機関を虐殺しようとした状況のようだ」と述べました。しかし、それ以上の証拠は示しませんでした。
Bovino told reporters it looked like a "situation where an individual wanted to do maximum damage and massacre law enforcement". He did not provide any further evidence.
ミネアポリス警察署長のブライアン・オハラ氏は記者会見で、プレティ容疑者は銃所持許可証を持つ合法的な銃所持者だったとみられると述べました。警察が把握している限り、彼がこれまでに法執行機関と接触したのは、駐車違反切符の取り締まりに関するもののみでした。
Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O'Hara said at a news conference that Pretti was believed to be a lawful gun owner with a permit to carry. His only previous interactions with law enforcement, as far as police are aware, were related to parking tickets.
連邦当局と地方当局間の緊張関係を象徴するように、オハラ署長はDHSが彼のチームにこの事件に関する「具体的な詳細」を提供していないとも述べています。
In a sign of the tensions between federal and local authorities, the police chief also said the DHS had not provided his team with "any specific details" about the deadly incident itself.
その後、クリスティ・ノーム国土安全保障長官は、プレティ氏が銃を振り回していたかどうかについて説明を求められた。
Later, Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem was asked to clarify if Pretti had brandished a gun.
ノーム長官は、「法執行機関の活動を妨害しようとして現れ、警官に暴行を加えた者がいました。
She said: "Individuals showed up to impede a law enforcement operation and assaulted our officers.
彼らは訓練に従って対応し、警官の命と周囲の人々の命を守るために行動しました。プラカードではなく銃と弾薬を持って現れる平和的な抗議者など、私は知りません」と述べた。
"They responded according to their training, and took action to defend the officer's life and those of the public around him. And, I don't know of any peaceful protester that shows up with a gun and ammunition rather than a sign."
民主党のミネソタ州知事ティム・ウォルツ氏は、連邦捜査官の行動を目撃し、記録しようとする人々のリスクを理解していると述べた。
Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, a Democrat, said he understood the risk of people trying to bear witness and document the actions of federal agents.
「ありがたいことに、ありがたいことに、ビデオが残っていました。国土安全保障省によると、この7人の英雄たちは大隊規模の猛攻撃を受けたとか何とか。そんなのはナンセンスです。ナンセンスで、嘘です。」
"Thank God, thank God, we have video because, according to DHS, these seven heroic guys took an onslaught of a battalion against them or something. It's nonsense, people. It is nonsense, and it's lies."
プレティの両親は「真実」を語るよう求めています。
Pretti's parents ask for the 'truth' to be told
アレックス・プレティさんの両親、マイケルさんとスーザンさんは、息子が連邦移民局職員との衝突で射殺されたことを受け、息子に関する「真実」が語られるよう訴えている。
Alex Pretti's parents Michael and Susan have called for "the truth" to be told about their son, after he was shot dead in the confrontation with federal immigration officers.
複数の米メディアによると、両親は家族の声明で「私たちは心が張り裂けそうですが、同時に非常に怒っています。政権が息子について語った吐き気がするような嘘は、非難されるべきものであり、吐き気がするほどです」と述べた。
"We are heartbroken but also very angry," they said in a family statement, according to several US outlets. "The sickening lies told about our son by the administration are reprehensible and disgusting."
さらに、動画にはプレティさんが連邦職員にタックルされた際に銃を持っていなかったことが映っていると付け加えた。プレティさんは片手に携帯電話を持ち、もう片方の手で催涙スプレーを浴びせられた女性をかばっていたという。
They added that videos showed Pretti was not holding a gun when he was tackled by federal agents. Instead, they said, he was holding his phone with one hand and using the other to shield a woman who was being pepper-sprayed.
アレックスは心優しい人で、家族や友人、そしてミネアポリス退役軍人病院の集中治療室看護師として看護したアメリカ退役軍人たちを深く思いやっていました。
"Alex was a kindhearted soul who cared deeply for his family and friends and also the American veterans whom he cared for as an ICU nurse at the Minneapolis VA hospital.
アレックスはこの世界に変化をもたらしたいと思っていました。残念ながら、彼がこの世を去って、その偉業を目の当たりにすることはもうありません。
"Alex wanted to make a difference in this world. Unfortunately he will not be with us to see his impact.
どうか息子の真実を明らかにしてください。彼は良い人でした。
"Please get the truth out about our son. He was a good man."
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m