モロッコからセウタへ6万人の移民が到達、スペイン首相は密入国斡旋業者を非難 BBC 2026/7/31
Spain's PM blames traffickers after 60,000 migrants reach Ceuta from Morocco
モロッコからスペインの北アフリカの飛び地であるセウタへ約6万人の移民が流入したことを受け、スペインの首相は密入国を斡旋する組織を非難しました。現地メディアによると、この流入の過程で少なくとも57人が死亡しました。
Spain's prime minister has blamed trafficking gangs after about 60,000 migrants crossed into the Spanish North African enclave of Ceuta from Morocco. At least 57 people died during the surge, according to local media.
ペドロ・サンチェス首相は、この事態を「スペインの領土保全に対する侵害」と呼びました。これに対しイタリアは、スペインとの間で適用されていたEUの国境管理撤廃協定(シェンゲン協定)の運用を停止する措置を講じました。
Pedro Sánchez called the incident a "violation of Spain's territorial integrity". Italy has responded by suspending the EU's border-free Schengen arrangements with Spain.
今回の大量流入は、セウタや同じくスペインの飛び地であるメリリャへの到達を目指して海上で阻止された移民を、モロッコへ即座に送還することはできないとするスペイン最高裁の判決を受けて発生しました。
The influx comes after Spain's Supreme Court ruled that migrants stopped at sea while trying to reach Ceuta or Melilla, another Spanish enclave, cannot be summarily returned to Morocco.
スペイン当局によると、金曜夕方の時点で、4万8000人以上が自発的にモロッコへ戻ったとのことです。
As of Friday evening, more than 48,000 people had voluntarily returned to Morocco, Spanish officials said.
ある男性はロイター通信に対し、帰国する意向を明かした上で、次のように語りました。「状況は最悪ですし、楽しいことなど何一つありません。ここでは人が亡くなっているんです。だからお願いです。まだ来ていない人は、絶対に来ないでください。やめておいてください」
One man told Reuters news agency he was going back, adding: "It's not good at all, and it's not fun either. I mean, people are dying here. I beg you, please, if you haven't come yet, don't come. Don't do it."
北アフリカ沿岸に位置するセウタは、ジブラルタル海峡を挟んでスペイン本土と隔てられています。同地は長年にわたり、欧州入りを目指す移民にとっての主要な拠点となってきました。特に夏季には、ソーシャルメディアなどを通じて組織された大規模な集団がセウタへの到達を試みる動きが頻繁に見られます。
Ceuta on the North African coast is separated from mainland Spain by the Strait of Gibraltar. It has long been a focal point for migrants attempting to reach Europe. During the summer months there is often a big push to reach Ceuta, typically organised over social media.
モロッコが領有を求めているセウタと、同じくスペインの飛び地であるメリリャは、長年にわたり両国の外交関係における火種となってきました。これらは、欧州連合(EU)にとってアフリカ大陸と接する唯一の陸上国境となっています。
Coveted by Morocco, Ceuta and another Spanish enclave Melilla have long been a flashpoint in diplomatic relations between the two countries. They form the European Union's only land borders with Africa.
国境越えを試みる動きが最近急増したことを受け、地元当局はマドリード(中央政府)に支援を求めていましたが、木曜日には国境管理体制が事実上崩壊し、現場は混乱状態に陥りました。
Local officials had appealed to Madrid for help after a recent rise in attempted crossings, but there were chaotic scenes on Thursday as border controls apparently broke down.
両親に会うために同市を訪れていたカルメン・ゴンサレス・ベルムデスさんはBBCに対し、この1日は「圧倒されるような状況だった」と語った。
Carmen Gonzalez Bermudez who was in the city to see her parents told the BBC that the past day had been "very overwhelming".
彼女は「水着姿で全身ずぶ濡れになり、海から上がってきたばかりの何千人もの人々」を目にしたと述べ、「彼らの多くは、より良い未来を求めている善良な人々だと分かっている。しかし、私たちはそれを彼らに与えることはできない」と付け加えた。
She said she saw "thousands and thousands of people in swimming costumes and all wet, just coming from the sea", adding that "I know most of them are nice people just looking for a better future for themselves. But we cannot give that to them".
ビクトル・オルティス・ソトマヨールさんはBBCに対し、「これほど光景は見たことがない」と語り、市内は「あらゆる広場や通りが移民で埋め尽くされ、彼らは主に食料を求めていた」と状況を説明した。
Víctor Ortiz Sotomayor told the BBC he had "never seen anything like it", describing the city as "packed with immigrants, in every square and street, mainly looking for food".
「営業していた店はごくわずかでしたが、結局のところ、あまりにも多くの人が押し寄せたため、警察は店を閉めるよう助言しました」と彼は付け加えた。
"There were only a few stores open, but in the end the police advised them to close because of the overwhelming influx of people," he added.
「友人や家族、そして私も皆、家にこもっています。怖くて外には出ていません」
"My friends, my family and I are all staying at home. We haven't gone outside because we're scared."
カルメン・ゴンサレス・ベルムデス氏は、以前セウタに移民が急増した際のことについて、次のように語った。「2021年の時は、警察や軍が何らかの対応をとる姿を目にしました。昨日は彼らも通りに出ていましたが、何もしていませんでした。ですから、まずその点が本当に怖いと感じます」
Referring to a previous surge of migrants into Ceuta, Carmen Gonzalez Bermudez said: "In 2021, we saw our police and our military doing something. Yesterday, they were in the streets, but they weren't doing nothing. So that for starters feels really scary."
セウタのフアン・ヘスス・ビバス代表は、到着した人々の数が同市の人口の約70%に相当すると述べました。現地の最新の統計によると、同市の人口は約8万3600人です。一方、スペイン内務省はBBCに対し、木曜日の未明以降の到着者数を5万人と推定しており、ビバス氏の数字よりはやや少ないとの見解を示しました。
Ceuta's President Juan Jesús Vivas said the arrivals amounted to around 70% of the city's population - which sits at around 83,600 according to the latest local figures. Spain's Interior Ministry told the BBC that its estimates were slightly lower, citing 50,000 arrivals since the early hours of Thursday.
スペインは現在、セウタおよびその姉妹都市であるメリリャの警備を強化するため、軍を派遣しています。メリリャでも、夜間に300〜400人が国境を越えたとの報告がありました。
Spain has now deployed its armed forces to bolster security in Ceuta and at its sister city of Melilla, where between 300 to 400 crossings were also reported overnight.
金曜日にセウタを訪問した際、サンチェス首相は、今回の急激な流入は、犯罪組織が最近の最高裁判所の判決を意図的に誤って解釈したことによって引き起こされたと述べました。
Speaking on Friday during a visit to Ceuta, Sánchez said the surge was caused by criminal networks purposefully misinterpreting the recent Supreme Court ruling.
同首相は、「モロッコ当局との協議で明らかになったのは、密入国を斡旋する犯罪組織が最高裁の判決を自分たちに都合よく解釈し、それが『野火のように』広まったということだ」と語りました。
"What has emerged from our talks with Moroccan authorities is that trafficking mafias took a self-serving interpretation of a Supreme Court ruling" which "spread like wildfire", he said.
さらに同首相は、政府としてモロッコとの国境警備の強化を検討する意向を示すとともに、不法入国者の送還についてモロッコ当局が協力していると付け加えました。
He added that the government would look at reinforcing the border with Morocco, and that Moroccan authorities were co-operating with the return of those who had entered illegally.
セウタに入った人々の大半は若い男性ですが、その中には女性や子供、さらには乳児の姿も見られます。当局の推計によると、過去24時間で不法に同地域へ越境した人々のうち、少なくとも7,000人は未成年者です。
Most of those entering Ceuta have been young men, although there are also women and children in the crowds and even babies. Officials estimate that at least 7,000 of those who crossed illegally into the territory in the last 24 hours are minors.
通常、移民がセウタに入ろうとする際は、海岸沿いの少し離れた場所から数キロメートルを泳ぐ必要があります。しかし今回は、国境のフェンスのすぐ近くまで容易にたどり着けたようです。当初は防波堤の岩場やその先端付近を歩いて進む者もいましたが、大半は海に入り、迂回するように泳いで反対側の海岸へ向かわざるを得ませんでした。
Usually, to try to enter Ceuta, migrants swim several kilometres from further up the coast. This time they appear to have been able to get close to the border fence itself with ease. At the start, some even walked along the rocks on the jetty and around the end of it, but most had to swim out and around to reach the beaches on the other side.
この時点でモロッコの国境警備隊がどこにいたのか、また、なぜ移民の集団が解散させられたり阻止されたりしなかったのかは明らかになっていません。
It's not clear where the Moroccan border guards were at this point and why the groups of migrants were not dispersed or stopped.
高い失業率を抱えるモロッコでは昨年、Z世代による反政府デモが複数回発生し、若者たちがより良い機会や公共サービスの改善を求めました。
Morocco, which has a high unemployment rate, witnessed several Gen Z anti-government protests last year - with young people demanding better opportunities and improvements to public services.
BBCの検証チーム(BBC Verify)が国連の移民データを調査したところ、今年7月15日までに2,826人がセウタへ、さらに181人がメリリャ経由で入域したことが報告されています。
BBC Verify has looked into migration data released by the UN, which reported 2,826 people had crossed into Ceuta up until 15 July this year with another 181 entering via Melilla.
これら2つの地域へ入域した移民の数は、近年の数字(2025年に994人、2024年に476人、2023年に467人)と比較しても、すでに高い水準にあります。
The number of migrants crossing into these two territories was already high compared with recent years, which saw 994 migrants enter in 2025, 476 in 2024 and 467 in 2023.
イタリアの右派首相ジョルジャ・メローニ氏は、セウタでの光景を「衝撃的」だと評し、ソーシャルメディア上で、こうした「無秩序な移民の流入」は欧州の安全保障に対する脅威であると述べました。
Italy's right-wing Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni described the images from Ceuta as "shocking", writing on social media that such "uncontrolled immigration" was a security threat to Europe.
その後金曜日、イタリアはスペインとの間で、人の移動の自由を定めたシェンゲン協定の運用を停止しました。両国は陸続きではないため、この措置は事実上、航空便にのみ適用されることになりますが、実質的には乗客に対する追加の検査が行われることを意味するとみられます。
Later on Friday Italy suspended the Schengen zone agreement with Spain on free movement. Since the two countries don't have a land border this would only apply, effectively, to flights - which appears simply to mean extra checks for passengers.
スペインの外相は、こうした発言について、「党派的な扇動ではなく、欧州としての連帯を期待すべきパートナーであり友好国」によるものとして「不適切」だと述べ、金曜日には駐マドリード・イタリア大使を呼び出しました。
The Spanish foreign minister said such remarks were "improper" for "a partner and friendly country from which we expect European solidarity and not partisan demagoguery". He also summoned the Italian ambassador to Madrid on Friday.
チェコのアンドレイ・バビシュ氏も、スペインのシェンゲン協定加盟資格を一時停止するよう求めました。
Czech Republic's Andrej Babiš also called for the temporary suspension of Spain's Schengen membership.
これに対し、サンチェス氏はX(旧Twitter)で次のように応じました。「連帯や共感は任意のものだが、欧州の条約やデータへの尊重はそうではない」
Responding on X, Sánchez said: "Solidarity and empathy are optional. Respect for European treaties and data is not."
一方、ドナルド・トランプ米大統領はセウタの状況を「大惨事」と呼び、「法律の不備とずさんな管理」が原因だと非難した。
US President Donald Trump meanwhile called the situation in Ceuta a "catastrophe" and blamed it on "weak law, bad management".
欧州連合(EU)のウルズラ・フォン・デア・ライエン委員長は、セウタから発信される映像は「容認できない」ものであり、「直ちに停止すべきだ」と述べた。
EU chief Ursula von der Leyen said the images out of Ceuta were "unacceptable" and must "stop immediately".
フィンランドのマリ・ランタネン内務大臣はメローニ氏を支持し、スペインは国境警備に失敗したと批判した。また、ドイツのフリードリヒ・メルツ首相はモロッコに対し「不法移民を直ちに引き取る」よう要求した。
Finland's Interior Minister Mari Rantanen backed Meloni and said Spain had failed to protect its border, while German Chancellor Friedrich Merz demanded Morocco "take back illegal migrants immediately".
シェンゲン圏は、共通国境での国境管理を公式に廃止した29の欧州諸国からなる国境開放協定である。
The Schengen Area is a system of open borders spanning 29 European countries that have officially abolished controls at their common borders.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m