見出し画像

スペイン領セウタ、移民の国境突破で数千人が残留し対応に追われる Reuters 2026/8/4

Spain's Ceuta overwhelmed as thousands remain after migrant border rush | Reuters

概要
Summary

多数の移民が押し寄せ死者も出た事態を受け、地元当局はセウタに3,000~5,000人の移民が依然として滞留していると推定
Local officials estimate 3,000-5,000 migrants remain in Ceuta after deadly surge

収容施設は能力の限界に達しており、数百人の未成年者が保護を必要としている
Reception centres overwhelmed, hundreds of minors require shelter

スペイン外相:モロッコとの協力により、移民の大規模な送還が可能になった
Spanish FM: cooperation with Morocco enabled large-scale migrant returns

この危機により、EU内の緊張が高まり、情報機関の監視体制も注視されている
Crisis fuels EU tensions and intelligence scrutiny

スペイン・セウタ発(ロイター)―先週、国境への大規模な殺到が発生した後も数千人の移民がこの小さな飛び地にとどまっており、地元当局が対応に追われる中、月曜日には数百人の移民がスペインの北アフリカの飛び地セウタの海岸で野営を始めた。
CEUTA, Spain, Aug 3 (Reuters) - Hundreds of migrants set up camp on a beach in Spain's North African ​enclave of Ceuta on Monday as local authorities struggled to cope with the thousands still in the tiny territory after a massive border rush ‌last week.

スペイン側の推計によると、過去4日間で約6万9500人の移民がモロッコへ戻った。これは、木曜日にセウタに到着した人数を約5万人と見ていた当初の推計を上回る数字である。公式の死者数は、国境のスペイン側で72人、モロッコ側で11人となっている。
Spain estimates that about 69,500 migrants have returned to Morocco over the past four days, exceeding initial estimates of around 50,000 arrivals in Ceuta on Thursday. The official death toll on the Spanish side of the border stands at 72, with 11 deaths on the Moroccan side.

多くの人々が、商店の閉鎖により食料を確保できなくなったこと、地元住民から敵意を向けられたこと、そしてスペイン本土へ向かう移動ができなかったことを理由に、その場を離れたと語りました。
Many said they left as shop closures had left them without food, they encountered hostility from locals ​and they were unable to travel on to the Spanish mainland.

セウタと、同じくスペインの北アフリカの飛び地であるメリリャは、モロッコの地中海沿岸に位置しており、ヨーロッパへの到達を目指す移民による越境の試みに度々直面しています。
Ceuta and Spain's other North African enclave, Melilla, sit on Morocco's Mediterranean coast and ​periodically face attempted crossings by migrants seeking to reach Europe.

ロイターが公開した映像には、サハラ以南のアフリカ出身者が大半を占める多数の移民が、「エル・トランポリン」ビーチの砂浜に横たわっている様子が映し出されていました。彼らの背後の道路では軍や警察の車両が巡回する中、多くの移民が風を避けるためにタオルを体に巻き付けていました。
Reuters video showed scores of migrants, most of them from sub-Saharan Africa, ⁠lying on the sand of El Trampolin beach. Many were wrapped in towels to shield from the wind, while army and police vehicles patrolled the road behind ​them.

セウタのフアン・ヘスス・ビバス代表は放送局テレシンコに対し、同市内に3,000人から5,000人の移民が依然として滞留していると語り、大人用と未成年者用に分かれた2つの移民受け入れ施設が「機能不全に陥った」と付け加えた。
Ceuta's leader Juan Jesus Vivas told broadcaster Telecinco between 3,000 and 5,000 migrants remained in the enclave, adding that its two migrant reception centres — one for adults ​and another for minors — had "collapsed".

地元の当局者アルベルト・ガイタン氏は、市が862人の未成年移民への対応を進めていると述べた。未成年移民は、強制送還から法的に特別に保護される対象となっている。
Local official Alberto Gaitan said the city was processing 862 migrant minors, who enjoy special legal protections from deportation.

外交的波紋
DIPLOMATIC FALLOUT

この危機は欧州全域で反移民の言説を助長し、国境政策をめぐって欧州連合(EU)内で外交的緊張を引き起こしている。スペインは一部のパートナー国に対し、事態の解決に寄与せず、対立を深めるような対応をとったと非難している。
The crisis has fuelled anti-immigration rhetoric throughout Europe and sparked diplomatic tensions within the European Union over border policy, with Spain accusing some partners of an unhelpful and polarising response.

スペインのホセ・マヌエル・アルバレス外相は月曜、スペインは過去の移民危機において他のEU諸国を支援してきた経緯があり、今後は相互の支援を期待すると述べた。
Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Albares said on Monday that Spain had ​previously supported other EU countries during migration crises and now expected reciprocal backing.

EUは、この危機について協議するため、火曜日に内相による緊急のビデオ会議を招集した。
The bloc has called an emergency video conference meeting of interior ministers to discuss the crisis ​on Tuesday.

アルバレス外相はイタリア政府を激しく批判し、同政府が誤情報の拡散を助長していると非難した。
Albares sharply criticised Italy's government, accusing it of helping amplify misinformation.

同氏によると、モロッコは直ちに警察による支援を申し出るとともに、協力に際して何ら条件を付さなかったため、国境を越えた人々の大半を迅速に送還することが可能になったという。
He said Morocco had immediately offered police support and had not attached conditions to its cooperation, allowing for the ‌rapid return ⁠of most of those who crossed.

しかし、セウタのビバス氏はラバト(モロッコ政府)の対応を批判し、同市では今回の危機について、モロッコが事態を主導したとまでは言わないまでも、それを容認したとの見方が広がっていると述べた。
But Ceuta's Vivas was critical of Rabat, saying there was a widespread perception within Ceuta that it had allowed — if not orchestrated — the crisis.

ビバス氏はスペイン紙エル・パイスに対し、「モロッコは信頼できない相手であることを露呈した。二度とこのような事態を招かないよう、必要なあらゆる手段を講じるほかない」と語った。
"Morocco has shown us that it isn't reliable. There's no alternative but to put in place whatever means are necessary to ensure it cannot do this again," Vivas told newspaper El Pais.

モロッコ内務省は日曜日、今回の急激な流入の要因として、ソーシャルメディア上の誤情報、人身売買組織の関与、そして海上などで阻止された移民の即時送還を禁じたスペインの裁判所判決に対する誤った解釈を挙げた。これはマドリード(スペイン政府)の公式見解とも合致するものであった。
Morocco's Interior Ministry on Sunday blamed the surge on misinformation on social media, human trafficking networks and misinterpretation of a Spanish court ruling banning immediate ​returns of migrants intercepted at sea. That ​was in line with Madrid's official ⁠view.

情報機関の監視強化
INTELLIGENCE SERVICES UNDER SCRUTINY

エル・パイス紙とカデナ・セル・ラジオが関係筋の話として報じたところによると、スペインの情報機関は、モロッコが大規模な越境を計画したのではなく、それを容認したと結論付けた。
According to reports by El Pais and Cadena SER radio, citing officials familiar with the matter, Spanish intelligence services have concluded that Morocco did not plan the mass crossing, but allowed it to happen.

報道によると、モロッコの国境管理は7月中に段階的に緩和され、モロッコの王位継承記念日の祝日にタラジャル国境検問所に群衆が殺到した際に、管理体制は撤廃されたという。
Moroccan border controls were gradually ​relaxed during July and were allegedly removed as crowds surged toward the Tarajal crossing during Morocco's Throne Day holiday, the ​reports said.

モロッコ内務省は、コメントの要請にすぐには応じなかった。
Morocco's Interior Ministry ⁠did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

モロッコは日曜日の声明で、「不法移民や人身売買への対策において、国際的な協力と連携を強化することに尽力している」と表明した。
In its Sunday statement, it said Morocco is "committed to strengthening international cooperation and coordination in combating irregular migration and human trafficking".

スペインのフェルナンド・グランデ=マルラスカ内相は土曜日、記者団に対し、国防省の管轄下にある対外情報機関CNIから、移民の急増が差し迫っているとの警告は受けていなかったと語った。これを受け、両省の間に緊張が生じたと、エル・パイス紙が月曜日に報じた。
Spain's Interior Minister Fernando Grande-Marlaska told reporters on Saturday the foreign intelligence agency CNI, controlled by the Defence Ministry, did not warn him of an imminent surge. El Pais said ⁠on Monday ​that had caused tensions between the two ministries.

内務省の報道官は、報じられたような緊張関係については、それほど深刻なものではないとの見解を示した。
An Interior Ministry spokesperson downplayed the reported tensions.

マルガリータ・ロブレス国防相は、集団での越境についてCNI(国家情報センター)が事前に情報を把握していたかどうかについては明言を避け、同機関の活動は機密であると述べるとともに、スペインの治安当局者の「卓越した」働きを称賛した。
Defence Minister ​Margarita Robles declined to say whether the CNI had any prior intelligence of the mass crossing, adding its work was secret and praising the "exceptional" work of Spanish security services personnel.


海外記事の和訳まとめ|世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中

いいなと思ったら応援しよう!

世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中 よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m