ヘルメット着用で出場停止処分を受けたウクライナ選手、「尊厳の代償」と主張 BBC 2026/2/12
IOC bans Ukrainian skeleton pilot Vladyslav Heraskevych over 'helmet of remembrance' - BBC Sport
ウクライナのスケルトン選手、ウラディスラフ・ヘラスケビッチ選手は、冬季オリンピックへの出場禁止は「尊厳の代償」だと述べた。
Ukrainian skeleton pilot Vladyslav Heraskevych says being banned from competing at the Winter Olympics is the "price of our dignity".
国際オリンピック委員会(IOC)は、ロシアによるウクライナ侵攻で殺害された選手たちの画像が描かれたヘルメットを着用し続けているとして、ヘラスケビッチ選手を出場禁止とした。IOCは、このヘルメットはIOCの規則に違反すると主張している。
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has banned Heraskevych for continuing to wear a helmet featuring images of athletes killed during Russia's invasion of his home country, which the IOC says breaks its rules.
木曜日の競技開始前、全ての練習走行でこのヘルメットを着用していたヘラスケビッチ選手は、火曜日にIOCから、このヘルメットはオリンピック憲章に「違反している」ため、着用は認められないと通告された。
Heraskevych, who wore the helmet in all of his training runs before the competition began on Thursday, was told by the IOC on Tuesday it "does not comply" with the Olympic charter and that he was not allowed to wear it.
IOCのカースティ・コベントリー会長は、木曜日のスケルトン第1予選開始前の現地時間午前7時30分、コルティナのスライディングトラックで26歳のヘラスケビッチ選手を訪ね、競技中にヘルメットを着用しないよう最後の説得を試みた。
IOC president Kirsty Coventry visited the 26-year-old at Cortina's sliding track at 07:30 local time on Thursday before the first skeleton heat in a final attempt to convince him not to wear the helmet in competition.
しかし、IOCはヘラスケビッチ選手が「いかなる妥協も考えなかった」と述べた。
But the IOC said Heraskevych "did not consider any form of compromise".
IOCは、「IOCはヘラスケビッチ選手の出場を強く望んでいた。だからこそ、IOCは彼と話し合い、ロシアのウクライナ侵攻で命を落とした仲間の選手たちを偲ぶという彼の願いに、最も敬意を払った形で応える方法を模索したのだ」と述べた。
It said: "The IOC was very keen for Mr Heraskevych to compete. This is why the IOC sat down with him to look for the most respectful way to address his desire to remember his fellow athletes who have lost their lives following Russia's invasion of Ukraine."
IOCは、練習時間から見てメダル獲得の可能性は低いと考えられていたヘラスケビッチ選手が、政治的プロパガンダ行為ではなく、選手ガイドライン違反により出場停止処分を受けたと付け加えた。
The IOC added that Heraskevych, who was considered to have an outside chance of a medal based on his training times, had been banned for contravening athlete guidelines, rather than because of displaying political propaganda.
出場停止処分を受けたヘラスケビッチ選手はソーシャルメディアで、「これは私たちの尊厳の代償です」とコメントした。
Responding on social media after being banned, Heraskevych wrote:, external "This is [the] price of our dignity."
BBCスポーツの取材に対し、彼はさらにこう付け加えた。「この種目でメダルを獲得できたはずなのに、突然、私が納得できないルールの解釈のせいで、自分は出場できない。同じ状況にある他の選手は出場でき、何の罰則も受けていないのに」
Speaking to BBC Sport, he added: "I could be among the medallists in this event, but suddenly because of some interpretation of the rules which I do not agree with, I am not able to compete while other athletes in the same situation were able to compete, and they didn't face any sanctions."
木曜日の後半、ヘラスケビッチ氏がこの決定に対し、スポーツ仲裁裁判所(CAS)に緊急上訴したことが確認された。
Later on Thursday, it was confirmed Heraskevych has made an urgent appeal against the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
CASは大会期間中に臨時委員会を開催できるため、彼の上訴は直ちに審理されることになる。ただし、BBCスポーツの理解では、現時点では決定の期限は未定となっている。
CAS can hold ad-hoc committees during the Games, meaning his appeal will be heard immediately - although BBC Sport understands there is currently no timeframe for a decision.
IOCは、2023年に策定されオリンピック規則の一部となっている「アスリートの表現」ガイドラインに違反したため、出場停止処分を受けたと述べた。
The IOC said he was banned for contravening the 'athlete expression' guidelines, which were drawn up in 2023 and are part of Olympic law.
IOCは、「オリンピック大会における焦点は、アスリートのパフォーマンス、スポーツ、そして大会が推進しようとする調和に置かなければならない」と述べている。
They state that: "The focus at the Olympic Games must remain on athletes' performances, sport and the harmony that the Games seek to advance.
「オリンピック大会におけるスポーツは中立であり、政治的、宗教的、その他いかなる干渉からも切り離されなければならないというのが基本原則である」
"It is a fundamental principle that sport at the Olympic Games is neutral and must be separate from political, religious and any other type of interference.
「特に、競技中や公式式典中の競技場は、選手のパフォーマンスを称えることに重点を置くべきです。」
"Specifically, the focus on the field of play during competitions and official ceremonies must be on celebrating athletes' performances."
競技に参加できないことで「空虚感」を感じていると述べたヘラスケビッチ氏は、今回の出場禁止措置は大会で下された他の決定と矛盾していると述べた。
Heraskevych, who said he felt "emptiness" at not being allowed to compete, said the ban was not consistent with other decisions taken at the Games.
「『表現ガイドライン』というのは、非常に大きな言葉だと思います。『表現』とは何だと思いますか?多くの選手が様々な色のヘルメットを着けていますが、これも一種の表現だと思います」と彼は述べた。
"'Expression guidelines', I believe it's a very big term. What do you consider as 'expression'? Many athletes here have helmets with different paints [colours] and I believe it's also a kind of expression," he said.
「国のシンボルを着けている選手もいますが、それも表現の一つです。しかし、なぜか彼らのヘルメットはチェックされませんでした。彼らは競技に参加できますが、私はできません。」
"Some athletes have national symbols, it's also an expression but for some reason their helmets were not checked. They are allowed to compete, but I am not."
ヘラスケビッチ選手は、フィギュアスケート選手のマキシム・ナウモフ選手など、他のアスリートが示してきた追悼の意は、自身の追悼と何ら変わりないと主張している。
Heraskevych insists his tribute is no different to those that other athletes have displayed, such as figure skater Maxim Naumov.
アメリカ人選手は、火曜日に自身のスコア発表を待つ間、約1年前にワシントンD.C.で発生した飛行機墜落事故で亡くなった67人のうちの1人である両親の写真を掲げていた。
The American held up a photo of his parents, who were among 67 people killed in a plane crash in Washington DC just over a year ago, while waiting for his score to be announced on Tuesday.
ヘラスケビッチ選手のオリンピック出場資格は当初、IOCによって取り消されたが、IOCのコベントリー会長との「非常に丁寧な」話し合いの結果、その決定は覆され、大会への参加は認められたものの、競技には出場できないこととなった。
Heraskevych's accreditation for the Games was initially withdrawn by the IOC but, following a "very respectful" conversation with the committee's president Coventry, that decision was overturned and he will be allowed to remain at the event but not compete.
ロシアの侵攻で亡くなった人々を追悼することについて、どれほど強い思いを持っているかと問われたヘラスケビッチ氏は、「彼らは犠牲を払ったからこそ、ここにいるべきだと信じています。彼らと、彼らの家族に敬意を表したいのです」と答えた。
Asked how strongly he felt about commemorating those who have been killed during the Russian invasion, Heraskevych said: "I believe they deserve to be here because of their sacrifice. I want to honour them and I want to honour their families."
ヘラスケビッチ氏は、ヘルメットに描かれた人々の多くは、10代の重量挙げ選手アリーナ・ペレグドワ、ボクサーのパブロ・イシュチェンコ、アイスホッケー選手のオレクシー・ロギノフなど、アスリートであり、中には友人もいたと説明した。
He explained that many of those pictured on his helmet were athletes, including teenage weightlifter Alina Peregudova, boxer Pavlo Ishchenko and ice hockey player Oleksiy Loginov, and some of them were his friends.
IOCは今週初め、ヘラスケビッチ氏が競技中に黒い腕章を着用することで亡くなった選手たちを追悼し、ミックスゾーン、記者会見、ソーシャルメディアでヘルメットを披露することは可能だが、「競技場は神聖不可侵」だとした。
The IOC said earlier this week that Heraskevych could pay tribute to the fallen athletes by wearing a black armband during competition and could show his helmet in mixed zones, news conferences and on social media, but that "the field of play is sacrosanct".
IOCは、IOCの役員らが、彼に競技に参加させたいため、そのユニフォームを着用しないよう「懇願」するだろうと付け加えた。
It added that IOC officials would "beg" him not to wear it as they wanted him to compete.
木曜日、IOCの広報担当者マーク・アダムズ氏は、もしIOCが戦争で亡くなった人々を追悼するユニフォームの着用を選手に許可すれば、オリンピックが搾取される可能性があると述べた。
On Thursday, IOC spokesperson Mark Adams said that if the committee allowed athletes to wear kit commemorating those killed in war, it would open the Games up to exploitation.
「赤十字によると、常に130もの紛争が起こっている。オリンピックでそれらすべてを競わせることはできない」と彼は述べた。
"There are according to the Red Cross, 130 conflicts going on at any one time. We can't have them all in competition [with each other at the Games]," he said.
「競技場が表現の場と化し、混乱を招くことは目に見えています。政治権力者が選手に競技中に表現を強要させるなど、許されることではありません。」
"The field of play could become a field of expression, you could see it would lead to chaos. We cannot have athletes put on them by political masters to make expressions during competition.
「私たちは公平な競技場を作るために最善を尽くしています。そのことについて、私は何の謝罪もしません。」
"We do our best to create a level playing field, I make no apologies for that."
アダムズ氏は、IOCのコベントリー会長がヘラスケビッチ氏との会談後、涙を流しながら立ち去ったと述べた。この件について「非常に感情的」だったためだとし、「会談は良好で、個人的なものであり、敬意を払ったものだった」と付け加えた。
Adams said IOC president Coventry had left the meeting with Heraskevych in tears as she felt "very emotional" about the matter, adding that "the meeting was good, personal and respectful".
また、IOCがロシアオリンピック委員会またはロシア政府からヘラスケビッチ氏の出場停止処分を受けるよう圧力をかけられたという主張をアダムズ氏は否定し、ヘラスケビッチ氏が異議を申し立てたい場合はスポーツ仲裁裁判所(CAS)の委員会に申し立てることができると述べた。
He also denied that the IOC had been pressured by either the Russian Olympic Committee or the Russian government to ban Heraskevych, and said the Ukrainian would have access to a Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) commission should he wish to appeal.
IOCは、選手村内の多宗教センターでは、選手たちが「尊厳と敬意をもって悲しみを表明」できると述べた。
The IOC said athletes are able to "express grief with dignity and respect" at multi-faith centres in the Olympic villages.
さらに、ヘラスケビッチ氏は「過去3回のオリンピックでIOCの支援を受けてきた」と述べ、オリンピック奨学生でもあると付け加えた。
It added that Heraskevych has been "supported by the IOC for the last three editions of the Games" and that he is an Olympic scholarship athlete.
「2022年のロシアによるウクライナ侵攻を受け、IOCは2024年パリオリンピックに向けた選手の準備を支援するため、ウクライナスポーツ連帯基金を設立した」と付け加えた。
"Following Russia's invasion of Ukraine in 2022, the IOC also set up a solidarity fund for Ukrainian sport to support the athletes' preparations for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games," it said.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m