ロンドンでユダヤ人男性2人が刺された事件を受け、警察はテロ事件と断定した。BBC 2026/4/30
Police declare terrorist incident after two Jewish men stabbed in London
地元でシロメ・ランドさん(34歳)とモシェ・シャインさん(76歳)と特定された男性2人は、現場で手当てを受けた。ロンドン警視庁によると、2人は現在病院で安定した状態にある。
The men, named locally as Shilome Rand, 34, and Moshe Shine, 76, were treated at the scene. They are now in a stable condition in hospital, the Metropolitan Police said.
ロンドン警視庁によると、ソマリア生まれの英国国籍を持つ45歳の男が、殺人未遂の疑いで逮捕される前に、警察によってテーザー銃で制圧された。容疑者は現在も拘留されている。
A 45-year-old man, a British national born in Somalia, was Tasered by police before being arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, the force said. The suspect remains in custody.
キア・スターマー首相は、英国で相次いでいる反ユダヤ主義的な攻撃の最新事例である今回の事件を「全くもって恐ろしい」と述べ、「ユダヤ人コミュニティへの攻撃は、英国への攻撃である」と付け加えた。
Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer said the "antisemitic attack" - the latest in a string in the UK - was "utterly appalling", adding: "Attacks on our Jewish community are attacks on Britain."
ロンドン警視庁によると、水曜日の午前11時16分(英国夏時間)、ゴールダーズ・グリーン・ロードから分岐するハイフィールド・アベニューで刺傷事件が発生したとの通報を受け、警察官が出動した。
The Met said its officers responded at 11:16 BST on Wednesday after receiving reports that people had been stabbed in Highfield Avenue, which runs off Golders Green Road.
容疑者は駆けつけた警察官にも刺そうとしたが、負傷者は出なかったという。
The suspect also attempted to stab the attending officers, the Met said, but none were injured.
ソーシャルメディアに投稿された動画には、逮捕の瞬間が映っている。2人の警察官が男に近づき、うち1人がテーザー銃で男を撃ち、男が地面に倒れる様子が確認できる。
Video shared on social media appears to show the moment of the arrest. Two officers can be seen approaching the man before one Tasers him and he falls to the ground.
男は両手で鋭利な物を胸に突きつけ、警官と傍観者がそれを奪い取ろうとする様子が映っている。もみ合いの中で、警官が男の頭部を数回蹴る場面も確認できる。
The man appears to then hold a sharp object to his chest with both hands, and the officers and a bystander attempt to wrest it from him. The officers can be seen kicking the man in the head several times in the struggle.
ロンドン警視庁は、警官のボディカメラが捉えた事件の映像を公開した。映像には、警官がテーザー銃で撃たれる前に「地面に伏せろ」と繰り返し叫び、その後「ナイフを落とせ」と指示する声が記録されている。
The Met released footage of the incident from the officers' body-worn cameras, in which they can be heard shouting repeatedly for the suspect to "get down on the ground" before he is Tasered, and then "drop the knife".
警視庁は、「容疑者は両手を上げることを拒否し、暴力的で、明らかに脅威を与え続けた」と述べ、さらに、容疑者は拘束中も警官を「攻撃し、刺そうとし続けた」と付け加えた。
"The suspect refused to show his hands, was violent and continued to pose a clear threat," the force said, adding that the suspect "continued to try to attack and stab" the officers as they were detaining him.
ロンドン警視庁のマーク・ローリー警視総監は、警官たちの勇気を称え、「彼らは武装警官ではなく、容疑者が爆発物を所持しているのではないかと恐れていた」と述べた。
Met Police Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley paid tribute to the officers' courage, saying: "These were not armed officers and they feared he was carrying an explosive device."
ローリー警視総監は水曜午後、現場での声明の中で、容疑者には過去に深刻な暴力行為や精神疾患の経歴があったと付け加えた。
The suspect had a history of serious violence and mental health issues, he added in a statement at the scene on Wednesday afternoon.
ロンドン警視庁はその後、南東ロンドンの住所で捜索を行っていると発表した。捜査官らは、同一人物が同地域で以前に発生した事件にも関与していたとみている。
The Met later said officers were carrying out a search at an address in south-east London. Detectives believe the same suspect was involved in an earlier incident in the area.
火曜日の午前8時50分(英国夏時間)、サザーク区グレート・ドーバー・ストリートにある住所で、容疑者が住人と口論になったとの通報を受け、警察が出動した。
Police were called at 08:50 BST on Tuesday to an address on Great Dover Street in Southwark, after the suspect was reportedly involved in an altercation with the property's occupant.
車内にいた人物は「軽傷」を負い、駆けつけた警察官は逃走した容疑者を発見できなかった。
The occupant suffered "minor injuries" and attending officers were unable to locate the suspect, who had left.
目撃者のダニエラさんは水曜日の朝、ゴールダーズ・グリーンで買い物をしていたところ、「ナイフを持っている!逃げろ!」という叫び声を聞いた。
Eyewitness Daniela had been shopping in Golders Green on Wednesday morning when she heard people screaming: "He's got a knife, run."
29歳のダニエラさんはBBCに対し、近くの書店に避難し、容疑者がノース・サーキュラー・ロード方面に走り去るのを目撃したと語った。
The 29-year-old told the BBC that she took shelter in a nearby bookshop and saw the suspect run past in the direction of the North Circular Road.
「その時、通りには誰もいませんでした。みんな逃げていたんです」と彼女は言った。「私たちはベビーカーを押した母親たちのグループでした。店主はドアに鍵をかけました。私たちは言葉を失いました。」
"At that point, no one was on the street – everyone had run," she said. "We were a group of mums with buggies. The shop owner locked the door. We were speechless."
監視カメラの映像には、バス停付近に立っていた人物に男が襲いかかる様子が映っている。別の映像では、似たような服装の男が通りをジョギングした後、通行人を追いかける様子が確認できる。
CCTV footage appears to show a man lunging at a person standing near a bus stop. In another clip, a man wearing similar clothing can be seen jogging down a street before chasing a passerby.
キア・スターマー氏は、容疑者を最初に拘束したユダヤ人治安組織ショムリム、ボランティア主導の救急サービス「ハツォラ」、そして警察に対し、「迅速な対応」に感謝の意を表した。
Sir Keir thanked Shomrim, the Jewish security group whose responders initially detained the suspect, as well as the volunteer-led ambulance service Hatzola and the police, for "acting swiftly".
ショムリムは、ゴールダーズ・グリーン・ロードを「ナイフで武装し、ユダヤ人市民を刺そうとしている男」が走っているとの通報を受け、ボランティアを派遣したと発表した。
Shomrim said it dispatched volunteers after receiving a call concerning a man running along Golders Green Road "armed with a knife and attempting to stab Jewish members of the public".
慈善団体のコーディネーターであるベン・グロスナス氏はBBCに対し、ボランティアたちが「現場に最初に駆けつけた」と語った。
Ben Grossnass, a co-ordinator for the charity, told the BBC that its volunteers "were the first on scene".
対テロ警察の責任者であるローレンス・テイラー警視監は後に、この事件を正式にテロ事件と認定した。
The head of Counter Terrorism Policing, Assistant Commissioner Laurence Taylor, later formally declared the attack a terrorist incident.
警視監は、「まず最初に」被害者の方々に思いを馳せたと述べ、被害者の方々は「本来なら自由かつ安全に日常生活を送るべきなのに」襲撃されたことを嘆いた。
The Met commissioner said his "first thoughts" were with the victims, who had been attacked "whilst going about their daily lives, which they should be able to do freely and safely".
マーク卿はさらに、「現在進行中の捜査についてはコメントできませんが、一部の個人が外国の組織や敵対国家のために暴力行為を行うよう促されたり、説得されたり、あるいは金銭を受け取ったりしていることは承知しています」と述べた。
Sir Mark added: "Whilst I can't comment on live investigations, we know that some individuals are being encouraged, persuaded or paid to commit acts of violence on behalf of foreign organisations and hostile states."
警視庁長官が演説している間、傍観者から「恥を知れ」「失敗した」といった野次を浴びせられ、辞任を要求された。地元選出のサラ・サックマン議員も同様に野次を受けた。
While the Met Police chief spoke, he was heckled by bystanders, who shouted "shame on you" and "you've failed", and called for his resignation. The local MP, Sarah Sackman, was also heckled.
法務大臣でもあるサックマン議員は、野次を飛ばした人々の怒りは理解できると述べ、反ユダヤ主義への取り組みは「社会全体で取り組むべき課題だ」と強調した。
Sackman, a justice minister, said she understood the anger of the hecklers and insisted tackling antisemitism was "a fight we need to have society-wide".
彼女はBBCのニュース番組「ニュースナイト」で、今回の襲撃事件は「この国におけるユダヤ人への脅威は非常に現実的なものだ」ことを示していると述べ、「すべての人々の安全を保証することはできない」と付け加えた。
She told BBC Newsnight that the attack demonstrated that "the threats to Jewish people in this country are very real", adding that "we can't guarantee that everybody is kept safe".
自身もユダヤ人であるこの大臣は、「地元のシナゴーグに子供たちを連れて行くとき、つい子供たちの手を少し強く握ってしまう。そう感じているのは私だけではないと思う」と語った。
The minister, who is Jewish herself, said: "When I take my children to synagogue in my local area, I find myself holding and gripping their hand a little bit tighter. I know I'm not alone in that."
英国最大のユダヤ人コミュニティを代表するエフライム・ミルビス首席ラビは、今回の事件について「ユダヤ人であることが明白であれば安全ではないことを証明しており、もっと多くの対策が必要だ」と述べた。
Chief Rabbi Sir Ephraim Mirvis, who represents Britain's largest Jewish community, said the incident "proves that if you are visibly Jewish, you're not safe and far more needs to be done".
「今こそ、我が国のあらゆる機関、あらゆるコミュニティ、あらゆる指導者、そしてあらゆる良識ある人々が、意義のある行動を起こすべき時だ」と彼は語った。
"This must be a moment that demands meaningful action from every institution, every community, every leader and every decent person in our country," he said.
イスラエルのベンヤミン・ネタニヤフ首相府は、ロンドンで相次いで発生している攻撃に対し、「言葉だけではこの惨禍に立ち向かうには不十分だ」と述べた。
The office of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that words were "not enough to confront this scourge" of attacks in London.
ここ数ヶ月、ユダヤ人コミュニティを標的とした事件が相次いでおり、コミュニティの救急車への放火事件や、ロンドンの2つのシナゴーグでの事件などが含まれる。
There have been a spate of incidents in recent months targeting Jewish communities, including an arson attack on community ambulances and incidents at two London synagogues.
ロンドン市長のサー・サディク・カーン氏は、ユダヤ人が「恐怖の中で生活している」ことに「怒り」「愕然とし」「嫌悪感を覚える」と述べた。
London Mayor Sir Sadiq Khan said he was "angry", "appalled" and "disgusted" that Jewish people were "living their lives frightened".
バッキンガム宮殿の報道官は、チャールズ3世国王が水曜日の襲撃事件に「当然ながら深く憂慮している」と述べた。
King Charles III was "naturally deeply concerned" by Wednesday's attack, a Buckingham Palace spokesperson said.
報道官はさらに、「国王は負傷した2名に心からお見舞いを申し上げるとともに、献身的に救助に駆けつけた方々に心からの感謝の意を表している」と付け加えた。
"His thoughts and prayers are with the two individuals who were injured and offers his heartfelt gratitude to those who so selflessly rushed to their aid," they added.
英国ユダヤ人の安全確保のために政府が十分な対策を講じているかとの質問に対し、キア・スターマー首相は「治安対策の強化」と、ユダヤ人コミュニティ保護のために既に確保されている資金の増額を検討したいと述べた。
Asked whether the government was doing enough to keep British Jews safe, Sir Keir said he wanted to "look at enhanced security" and increase funding that was already in place for protecting Jewish communities.
さらに首相は、「悪意ある国家主体への対処」も必要だと付け加えた。過去に発生した複数の反ユダヤ主義攻撃は、敵対的な政権と関連付けられている。
He added that measures "to deal with malign state actors" were also needed. Several previous antisemitic attacks have been linked to unfriendly regimes.
首相の発言は、今回の攻撃に関する緊急会議を主宰した後に行われた。
The prime minister's comments came after he chaired an emergency meeting on the attack.
保守党党首のケミ・バデノック氏は、「ユダヤ人に対する暴力が蔓延しており、国家的な緊急事態となっている」と述べた。
Leader of the Conservative Party Kemi Badenoch said there was now "an epidemic of violence against Jewish people" that had become "a national emergency".
改革派UK党首のナイジェル・ファラージ氏は、今回の襲撃事件を「忌まわしく、恐ろしいが、残念ながらもはや全く驚くべきことではない」と述べ、「この国ではユダヤ人に対する攻撃が野放しになっている」と付け加えた。
Reform UK leader Nigel Farage said the attack was "abhorrent, appalling, but sadly now totally unsurprising", adding: "It is open season on Jewish people in this country."
自由民主党党首のエド・デイヴィー卿は、今回の事件を「恐ろしい」と述べ、政府に対し「反ユダヤ主義がどこに現れようとも、それに立ち向かう」よう求めた。
Liberal Democrats leader Sir Ed Davey said the incident was "horrifying" and called on the government to "confront antisemitism wherever it appears"
緑の党党首のザック・ポランスキー氏は、今回の襲撃事件を「恐ろしい」と表現し、「犠牲者とその家族、そしてこの襲撃によって再び動揺するすべての人々に思いを馳せている」と述べた。
Zack Polanski, leader of the Green Party, described the attack as "horrendous" and said he was "thinking of the victims, their families and everyone who will once again be shaken by this attack".
海外記事の和訳まとめ|世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m