テヘランで政権が抗議活動に発砲、200人以上が死亡と医師が報告 TIME 2026/1/10
'More Than 200 Reported Dead' in Tehran as Regime Opens Fire | TIME
イラン政府に対する抗議活動が木曜日の夜、大幅に拡大する中、政権は多くの場所で発砲で応じた。テヘランのある医師は匿名を条件にタイム誌に、首都のわずか6つの病院で少なくとも217人の抗議参加者の死亡が記録されており、「そのほとんどが実弾によるもの」だと語った。
As protests against Iran’s government swelled significantly in size on Thursday night, the regime responded in many places by opening fire. A Tehran doctor told TIME on condition of anonymity that just six hospitals in the capital had recorded at least 217 protester deaths, “most by live ammunition.”
死者数が確認されれば、木曜日の夜以降、政権が国内のインターネットと電話回線をほぼ全面的に遮断したことで予兆されていた、懸念される弾圧を示唆することになる。また、これはドナルド・トランプ米大統領への直接的な挑戦となるだろう。トランプ大統領は同日、12月28日以降、街頭に繰り出した抗議者の増加を背景に、政権が「地獄の業火」を吐き出すと警告していた。
The death count, if confirmed, would signal a feared crackdown presaged by the regime’s near-total shutdown of the nation’s Internet and phone connections since Thursday night. It would also constitute a direct challenge to U.S. President Donald Trump, who earlier in the day warned that the regime would “pay hell” if it killed protesters who have taken to the streets in growing numbers since Dec. 28.
現在31州すべてに広がっているデモは、経済の暴落に対する抗議として始まった。しかし、すぐにその規模は拡大し、1979年以来約9200万人の国民を支配してきたイスラム独裁政権の打倒を求めるようになった。集会は「自由」や「独裁者に死を」といったシュプレヒコールが響き、概ね平和的に行われたものの、一部の政府庁舎が破壊された。
The demonstrations, which now span all 31 provinces, began as a protest against an economy in freefall. But they soon broadened to demand the overthrow of the authoritarian Islamic regime that has ruled the nation of around 92 million since 1979. Though the rallies have been largely peaceful, with chants of “Freedom” and “Death to the Dictator,” some government buildings have been vandalized.
医師によると、当局は金曜日に病院から遺体を搬送した。死者のほとんどは若者で、テヘラン北部の警察署前で治安部隊がデモ参加者に向けて機関銃掃射を行い、数人が死亡した。デモ参加者は「その場で」死亡した。活動家によると、この事件で少なくとも30人が銃撃されたという。
The doctor said authorities removed corpses from the hospital on Friday. Most of the dead were young people, he said, including several killed outside a northern Tehran police station when security forces sprayed machine gun fire at protesters, who died “on the spot.” Activists reported at least 30 people were shot in the incident.
人権団体は金曜日、医師の発表よりもはるかに少ない死者数を報告したが、この差異は報告基準の違いによるものかもしれない。ワシントンD.C.に拠点を置く人権活動家通信社は、身元が確認された犠牲者のみを集計しており、抗議活動開始以来、民間人49人を含む少なくとも63人の死者が出たと報告している。
Human rights groups on Friday reported much lower death tolls than the physician, though the discrepancy might be explained by differing reporting standards. The D.C.-based Human Rights Activist News Agency, which tallies only victims who have been identified, reported at least 63 deaths since the start of the protests, including 49 civilians.
TIME誌はこれらの数字を独自に検証できていない。
TIME has been unable to independently verify these figures.
死者数が発表されたのは、政権が一連の不吉なメッセージを発信していた時期だった。最高指導者アリー・ハメネイ師は金曜日に放送された演説で、「イスラム共和国は、トランプ大統領を「喜ばせよう」とする破壊行為に対し、決して屈しない」と述べた。一方、テヘランの検察官は、抗議活動参加者は死刑に処される可能性があると宣言した。また、国営テレビでは、イスラム革命防衛隊の幹部が親に対し、「もし銃弾に当たっても、文句を言うな」と述べ、子供たちを抗議活動に近づけないよう警告した。
The death tolls arrived as the regime broadcast a series of ominous messages. “The Islamic Republic will not back down in the face of vandals” seeking to “please” Trump, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said in a speech broadcast on Friday. Meanwhile, Tehran’s prosecutor declared that protesters could face the death penalty. And on state television, an Islamic Revolutionary Guard official warned parents to keep their children away from protests, saying, “If... a bullet hits you, don’t complain.”
抗議活動開始から11日間、政権の対応は不透明だった。イラン北西部のクルド人居住区の都市で黒服の機動隊員が水曜日にタイム誌に語ったところによると、「大規模な弾圧が秩序を回復させるのか、それとも国民の怒りをさらに煽るのかについて、治安部隊内で大きな意見の相違が生じている」という。匿名を条件に取材に応じた彼は、「機動隊内部は完全に混乱している」と語った。
For the first 11 days of protests, uncertainty had surrounded the regime’s response. “There is a lot of disagreement now among security forces” over whether a massive crackdown will restore order or further inflame public anger, a black-clad riot-police officer in a Kurdish city in northwest Iran told TIME on Wednesday. “There is 100% confusion” within the riot police, he said, speaking anonymously.
重要な決定は会議で行われていたが、その内容は彼のような警官には知らされていなかったと彼は述べた。「私はここで上級職に就いていますが、何が起こっているのか全く分かりません。彼らは秘密裏に行動しており、私たちはこれから何が起こるのか恐れています。」
Key decisions were being made in meetings that were not being communicated to officers like him, he said. “I’m a senior rank here, and I don’t know what’s happening. They’re doing things in secret, and we’re afraid of what’s coming.”
「街中、家庭、路上、そして警察内部でも、至る所で混乱が起きています」と彼は付け加えた。「私の署の警官は全員知っていますが、彼らは政権が崩壊しつつあると考えています。」
“There is chaos everywhere, in the city, in homes, in the streets and within the police forces, too,” he added. “I know all the officers in my station, and they believe the regime is collapsing.”
しかし、金曜日にソーシャルメディアに現れた血みどろの投稿と、政権からの率直な警告は、明確な命令が出されたことを示唆しているように思われた。
But bloody social media posts emerging on Friday, coupled with the blunt warnings from the regime, appeared to signal clear orders had been issued.
「現状では、抗議活動が中流階級の地域にまで広がっていることから、政権は武力行使をためらわないだろう」と、ニュージャージー州を拠点とするイラン専門家で政治学者のホセイン・ハフェジアン氏は述べた。「現時点では、政権は存亡の危機に瀕していると考えられています。」
“I think that under current circumstances, since the protests have extended to middle-class areas, the regime will not hesitate in using brute force,” as it has to quell previous unrest, said Hossein Hafezian, a New Jersey-based Iran expert and political scientist. “At this time, it is considered an existential threat.”
「これから犠牲者は急速に増えるだろう」と彼は予測したが、「もしトランプが暴動鎮圧用の警察の駐屯地をいくつか攻撃すれば、状況は一変するかもしれない!」と付け加えた。
“From now on, the casualties will increase rapidly,” he predicted, but added, “if Trump attacks a few anti-riot police barracks, it might be a game changer!”
トランプ大統領の脅迫と、ベネズエラの現職大統領ニコラス・マドゥロ氏の米国による拘束は、抗議活動の初期段階におけるイラン当局の対応の不均衡を説明する一因として挙げられた。パリに拠点を置くクルディスタン人権ネットワークによると、西部イラム州マレクシャヒでは、イランの準軍事組織バシジが運営する建物の外で、少なくとも5人の抗議者が銃撃され死亡した。しかし、抗議活動の発端となった、政権支持の伝統的な拠点であるテヘランのグランドバザールでは、治安部隊が実弾ではなく催涙ガスや逮捕手段を用いて群衆をほぼ解散させた。
Trump’s threats, along with the U.S. capture of Nicolás Maduro, the sitting President of Venezuela, were offered as one explanation for the uneven response of Iranian authorities during the earlier days of the protests. In Malekshahi, in western Ilam province, at least five protesters were killed by gunfire outside a building operated by Iran’s Basij paramilitary forces, according to Paris-based Kurdistan Human Rights Network. But at the original source of the protests, Tehran’s Grand Bazaar, a traditional base of regime support, security forces had largely dispersed crowds using tear gas and arrests rather than live fire.
他の人々は、イスラム共和国が直面する課題の多さを指摘した。 「イランは依然として非常に強固な政権だ」と、米カリフォルニア海軍大学院の国際安全保障教授で、イランに関する著書を2冊持つアフション・オストバー氏は言う。「だが、周りを見渡せば、1979年のイスラム革命直後以来、ほぼあらゆる面でかつてないほど弱体化している」
Others noted the sheer number of challenges facing the Islamic Republic. “It's still a very solid regime,” said Afshon Ostovar, a professor of international security at the Naval Postgraduate School in California and the author of two books on Iran, “but if you… look around, it's weaker than it's ever been on just about every front” since just after the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
イラン指導部は、6月のイスラエルとの紛争から未だ立ち直れていない。当時、空爆によってイランの防空網が破壊され、トランプ大統領が派遣した米軍のB-2爆撃機の支援を受けてイランの核開発計画が頓挫した。同時に、国際制裁による通貨暴落、水不足、そして度重なる停電が、国中の危機感を高めている。
The leadership is still reeling from its June conflict with Israel, when airstrikes destroyed its air defenses and set back Iran’s nuclear program—with an assist from U.S. B-2 bombers dispatched by Trump. At the same time, a currency collapsing under international sanctions, water shortages and recurring power outages have sharpened a sense of crisis across the country.
「彼らは国民に最低限の経済福祉さえ提供できない」とハフェジアン氏は述べた。「彼らは今、生き残りをかけて戦っているのだ。」
“They can’t provide even basic economic welfare for their own population,” Hafezian said. “They are in survival mode now.”
政権のジレンマを深めているのは、2022年にイラン全土を席巻した「女性・生命・自由」デモとは異なり、今回のデモはバザールの商人によって開始され、労働者階級のコミュニティにまで広がっていることだ。当局は労働者階級を疎外することを警戒していると、匿名を条件にテヘランを拠点とする政治アナリストは述べている。「体制側は労働者階級の人々を抑圧することがより困難になっている」と同氏は述べつつも、「一部地域では厳しい扱いが見受けられており…抗議活動が拡大するにつれて、政権の抑制力の程度が試されるだろう」と付け加えた。
Deepening the regime’s dilemma is that, unlike the Women, Life, Freedom protests that swept across Iran in 2022, the current demonstrations were launched by bazaar merchants and spread to working-class communities—groups the authorities are wary of alienating, according to a Tehran-based political analyst who spoke on condition of anonymity. “The establishment finds it more difficult to suppress working-class people,” he said, adding, however, that “some harsh treatment has been seen in some places … and the degree of the regime’s restraint will be tested” as the protests expand.
事態を複雑化させているのは、イランの統治体制の構造だ。最高指導者はハメネイ師で、イスラム革命防衛隊を含む治安機関を統制している。選出された大統領マズード・ペゼシュキアン氏は公の場では融和的な姿勢を示しているものの、閣僚2人が匿名を条件に述べたところによると、内閣は弾圧を支持しているという。
Also complicating matters is the structure of Iran’s ruling regime. At its apex is Khamenei, who controls the security apparatus, including the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. The elected President, Masoud Pezeshkian, has taken a conciliatory line in public, but his cabinet favors a crackdown, two cabinet members said on condition of anonymity.
「現状では、イスラエルと米国の関与の兆候があると考えているため、大多数の閣僚は抗議活動に武力で対処すべきだと主張している」と、ある閣僚は述べた。
“The majority have argued the protests should be met with force under the current circumstances because they believe there are signs of Israeli and U.S. involvement,” one member said.
ペゼシュキアン氏の個人的な影響力は、その地位と最高指導者へのアクセスの欠如という2つの理由から依然として限定的である。閣僚の2人目によると、ハメネイ師がイスラエル・イラン戦争中に潜伏して以来、両者の定期的な会談は途絶えている。「彼は現在、複数の仲介者を通してハメネイ師と連絡を取っている」と彼は述べた。
Pezeshkian’s personal influence remains limited both by his office and lack of access to the Supreme Leader. Regular meetings between the two men have stopped since Khamenei went into hiding during the Israel-Iran war, according to the second member of cabinet. “He now communicates with Khamenei through multiple intermediaries,” he said.
政府広報顧問のマシャッラー・シャムソルバエジン氏は、トランプ政権は「イラン国民に街頭に繰り出すよう促し、その後、国民を救うという名目でイランを攻撃し、ベネズエラのモデルをイランで実行しようとしている」と述べた。同氏は、政府が「試行錯誤」のアプローチをとってきたと指摘した。抗議活動の代表者との協議、中央銀行総裁の交代、そして今後4ヶ月間、国民一人当たり毎月100万トマン(約7ドル)の資金を支給することで「時間を稼ごうとしている」という。
Government public relations advisor Mashallah Shamsolvaezin said the Trump Administration wants to “encourage Iranians to take to the streets, and then, under the pretext of saving the people, attack Iran and implement the Venezuelan model here.” He noted that the government had taken a “trial and error” approach, holding talks with protest representatives, changing the Central Bank governor and handing out money—1 million tomans, or about 7 dollars, per month to each Iranian for the next four months, “trying to buy time.”
シャムソルバエジン氏は、政権はイランのウラン濃縮停止をめぐり、西側諸国との間接的な核交渉を再開したと述べた。「政権は、イランの核・ミサイル計画に関する交渉が、何らかの救済策となることを期待している」と彼は述べた。
Shamsolvaezin said the regime also has resumed indirect nuclear negotiations with the West over suspending Iran’s uranium enrichment. “The regime is hoping that negotiations over Iran’s nuclear and missile programs will deliver some relief,” he said.
木曜日夜の流血騒ぎの前にインタビューを受けたアナリストたちは、抗議活動と政権の対応がどのように展開するかについて、いくつかの不確定要素を挙げた。一つは、暴力的な対応の脅威が高まるにもかかわらず、より多くのイランの中流・上流階級や少数民族がデモに参加し続けるかどうかだ。多くの人々が、1979年のイスラム革命で退位させられ、聖職者たちが権力を握ったシャー(国王)の長男、レザー・パフラヴィーへの支持を叫んだ。米国在住のパフラヴィー氏は、木曜日と金曜日の両夜に大規模なデモを呼びかけていた。彼はイランに戻り、世俗的な民主主義を導くことを約束している。
Interviewed before Thursday night’s bloodletting, analysts named several wild cards in how the protests—and the regime’s response—might evolve. One is whether even larger numbers of middle- and upper- class Iranians and minority ethnic groups continue to join the demonstrations despite the growing threat of a violent response. Many chanted support for Reza Pahlavi, the eldest son of the Shah, or King, deposed in the 1979 Islamic Revolution that brought the clerics to power. Pahlavi, who lives in the United States, had called for a massive showing on both Thursday and Friday nights. He has promised to return to Iran and usher in a secular democracy.
クルド人反体制派グループも独自の呼びかけを行った。クルディスタン人権ネットワークの理事であるレビン・ラフマニ氏は、多くのイラン系クルド人が街頭に繰り出したのは、失うものが何もなくなり、政権の脆弱性を認識しているからだと述べた。「こうした認識が恐怖心を和らげ、抗議活動参加者の大胆さを増した」と彼は述べた。
Kurdish opposition groups issued a call of their own. Rebin Rahmani, a board member of the Kurdistan Human Rights Network, said many Iranian Kurds have been taking to the streets because they feel they have nothing left to lose and they realize the regime is vulnerable. “This awareness has reduced fear and increased the boldness of the protesters,” he said.
しかし、あるクルド人デモ参加者は、主要都市の住民、そしてトランプ大統領がさらに多く参加しない限り、状況はほとんど変わらないと主張した。「私たちの希望はトランプにある」と彼は匿名を条件に語った。「彼はベネズエラに対して行ったのと同じことをイランに対して行うべきだ」
Still, one Kurdish demonstrator argued, little will change unless even more residents in major cities—as well as President Trump—get involved. “Our hope is with Trump,” he said on condition of anonymity. “He should do to Iran what he did to Venezuela.”
おそらく最大の不確定要素は、治安機関そのものだ。監視団は指導部レベルでの離脱の顕著な兆候はほとんど見られない一方で、抗議活動のたびに、一般警察官やバシジ(政権支持者による義勇民兵組織)のメンバーが弾圧への参加を拒否するケースが増えていると指摘した。
Perhaps the biggest wild card is the security apparatus itself. While observers saw few significant signs of defection at the leadership level, they said every round of protests sees more rank-and-file police and members of the Basij (a volunteer militia of regime loyalists) refusing to take part in a crackdown.
「家族からも制服を脱いでこの仕事を辞めろと迫られています」と機動隊員は言い、指揮官が実弾射撃を命じる瞬間が怖いと付け加えた。「従わなければ、殺されるでしょう」
“My own family is urging me to take off my uniform and leave this job,” the riot-police officer said, adding that he fears the moment his commanders order live fire. “If I disobey, they’ll kill me.”
「私は収入を得るために警察にいます。人を殺すためにではありません」と彼は付け加えた。
“I’m in the police force for the income,” he added, “not to kill people.”
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m