見出し画像

フィリピンは、中国漁船が南シナ海にシアン化物を投棄したと非難している。BBC 2026/4/13

Philippines accuses Chinese fishermen of dumping cyanide in South China Sea

フィリピンは、南シナ海の係争海域であるスプラトリー諸島周辺海域で、中国漁船がシアン化物を投棄したと非難した。
The Philippines has accused Chinese fishermen of dumping cyanide in waters around the Spratly Islands, a fiercely contested area in the South China Sea.

マニラは月曜日、この毒物投棄は「破壊工作」であり、「地元の魚類資源を枯渇させ」、セカンド・トーマス礁に駐留するフィリピン軍の重要な食料源を奪うことを目的としたものだと述べた。
Manila described the alleged poisoning as an act of "sabotage" on Monday, intended to "kill local fish populations" and deprive Filipino troops stationed at Second Thomas Shoal of a crucial food source.

中国はこの主張を「茶番劇」として一蹴した。この非難は、係争海域におけるフィリピンと中国の船舶間の長年にわたる緊張状態と、時折発生する暴力的な衝突に続くものだ。
China dismissed the claim as a "farce". The allegation follows years of tense stand-offs and occasional violent confrontations between Philippine and Chinese vessels in the disputed waters.

南シナ海は、中国、フィリピン、その他の国々の間で領有権をめぐる紛争の中心となっている。
The South China Sea is at the centre of a territorial dispute between China, the Philippines and other countries.

中国外務省の郭 嘉昆(カク・カコン Guo Jiakin)報道官は、この非難は「全く信じがたいものであり、反論する価値もない」と述べた。
Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Guo Jiakin said the accusation was "completely unbelievable and not even worth refuting".

さらに同報道官は、「フィリピンは、通常の漁業活動に従事する中国漁船を違法に妨害した」と付け加えた。
"The Philippines has illegally harassed Chinese fishing vessels engaged in normal fishing activities," he added.

フィリピン国家安全保障会議(NSC)によると、毒物混入疑惑は昨年、南シナ海の南沙諸島にあるセカンド・トーマス礁周辺で発生したという。
The Philippine National Security Council (NSC) said the alleged poisoning began last year around Second Thomas Shoal, part of the Spratly archipelago in the South China Sea.

この礁には、フィリピン軍の小規模な前哨基地があり、第二次世界大戦時代の錆びついた艦船BRPシエラ・マドレが、領有権を主張するために1999年に意図的に座礁させられた。
The reef is home to a small Philippine military outpost aboard the BRP Sierra Madre, a rusting World War Two-era ship deliberately grounded there in 1999 to assert Manila's claim to the territory.

国家安全保障会議(NSC)のコルネリオ・バレンシア次長は、シアン化物の使用は「地元の魚類を大量死させ、海軍兵士の重要な食料源を奪うこと」を目的としていたと述べた。
NSC assistant director-general Cornelio Valencia said the use of cyanide was intended to "kill local fish populations, depriving Navy personnel of a vital food source".

同氏は月曜日の記者会見で、シアン化物は水や魚を汚染することで兵士の健康にも危険を及ぼし、艦船の構造的基盤を支えるサンゴ礁にも損傷を与える可能性があると指摘した。
He told a press conference on Monday that it also posed health risks to troops by contaminating the water and fish, and could damage the coral reefs that help support the vessel's structural foundations.

バレンシア氏は、マニラは最近の会談で北京に対し、この毒物使用疑惑について提起したが、正式な回答は得られていないと付け加えた。NSCは外務省に報告書を提出する予定で、これが外交的抗議の根拠となる可能性がある。
Valencia added that Manila had raised the alleged poisoning with Beijing at a recent meeting but had received no formal response. The NSC intends to submit a report to the foreign ministry that could form the basis of a diplomatic protest.

海軍と沿岸警備隊には、当該海域のパトロールを強化するよう命令が出されている。
The navy and coastguard have been ordered to increase patrols in the area.

フィリピン海軍報道官のロイ・ヴィンセント・トリニダード少将は、フィリピン軍が昨年2月、7月、10月に中国漁船から出航したとみられるサンパン船からシアン化物10本を押収したと述べた。
Philippine Navy spokesman Rear Adm Roy Vincent Trinidad said Filipino troops had seized 10 bottles of cyanide from sampan boats allegedly launched from Chinese fishing vessels in February, July and October last year.

同少将によると、軍関係者は先月、別の中国サンパン船の乗組員が浅瀬付近で海水を汚染しているのを発見し、採取したサンプルからシアン化物が検出されたという。
He said military personnel had spotted another Chinese sampan crew poisoning waters near the shoal last month, and that samples later tested positive for cyanide.

シアン化物を使った漁法は、東南アジアの一部地域で魚を気絶させたり殺したりするために古くから用いられており、生きたサンゴ礁の取引に利用されることが多い。フィリピンの法律では違法であり、海洋生態系への破壊的な影響から東南アジア全域で広く禁止されている。
Cyanide fishing has historically been used in parts of Southeast Asia to stun or kill fish, often for the live reef trade. It is illegal under Philippine law and widely banned across Southeast Asia because of its destructive impact on marine ecosystems.

南シナ海は、中国、フィリピン、ベトナム、台湾、マレーシア、ブルネイによる領有権主張が複雑に絡み合う海域です。
The South China Sea is at the centre of overlapping territorial claims by China, the Philippines, Vietnam, Taiwan, Malaysia and Brunei.

ここは重要な航路であり、豊かな漁場が広がる海域でもあり、地域全体の何百万人もの人々の生活を支えています。世界の漁船の半数以上がこの海域で操業しています。
It is a vital shipping route, and home to rich fishing grounds that support the livelihoods of millions of people across the region. More than half of the world's fishing vessels operate in the area.

パラセル諸島とスプラトリー諸島には、豊富な天然資源と潜在的なエネルギー資源が眠っていると考えられています。
The Paracel and Spratly Islands are also believed to sit atop stores of natural resources and potential energy reserves.

中国は、2016年の国際仲裁裁判所の判決でその広範な領有権主張に法的根拠がないとされたにもかかわらず、南沙諸島のほぼ全域に対する領有権を主張している。北京はこの判決を拒否した。
China claims the sea nearly in its entirety, despite a 2016 international tribunal ruling that found its sweeping claim had no legal basis. Beijing rejected the decision.

フィリピンは、南沙諸島の一部に対する領有権主張の主な根拠として、南沙諸島との地理的な近接性を挙げている。
The Philippines invokes its geographical proximity to the Spratly Islands as the main basis of its claim for part of the grouping.

フィリピンと中国はともに、スカボロー礁(中国では黄岩島として知られる)の領有権も主張している。スカボロー礁はフィリピンから160km強、中国から500kmの距離にある。
Both the Philippines and China also lay claim to the Scarborough Shoal (known as Huangyan Island in China) - a little more than 100 miles (160km) from the Philippines and 500 miles from China.

2024年6月、ナイフや棒で武装した中国海警局員がセカンド・トーマス礁付近でフィリピン海軍の船舶に乗り込み、激しい衝突が発生し、フィリピン人水兵数名が負傷した。
In June 2024, Chinese coastguard personnel armed with knives and sticks boarded Philippine navy boats near Second Thomas Shoal in a violent clash that injured several Filipino sailors.

中国は、座礁したシエラ・マドレ号へのフィリピンの補給任務を繰り返し妨害しようとしてきた。
China has repeatedly attempted to block Philippine resupply missions to the grounded Sierra Madre warship.

先週、フィリピンは毎年恒例のバリカタン演習に先立ち、係争海域で米国、オーストラリアと合同海上演習を実施した。日本も今年は正式参加国として参加する予定だ。
Last week, the Philippines held joint maritime exercises with the United States and Australia in the disputed waters, ahead of the annual Balikatan war games. Japan will also join this year as a full participant.

中国はこうした演習が地域緊張を高めるとして、繰り返し批判してきた。
Beijing has repeatedly criticised such drills, saying they raise regional tensions.

3月、フィリピンはフランスと軍事協定を締結し、フランスは4月20日に実施されるバリカタン演習に15~20名の部隊を派遣することになった。
In March, the Philippines signed a military deal with France that will see Paris send a contingent of 15 to 20 troops to join the Balikatan exercises on 20 April.


海外記事の和訳まとめ|世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中

いいなと思ったら応援しよう!

世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中 よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m