ネパール、抗議活動で19人が死亡後ソーシャルメディア禁止を解除 BBC 2025/9/9
Social media ban lifted after 19 killed in protests
ネパールは、反汚職デモを引き起こし警察との衝突に発展し、少なくとも19人が死亡したことを受け、ソーシャルメディアの禁止措置を解除した。Nepal has lifted a social media ban after it sparked anti-corruption protests that led to clashes with police, leaving at least 19 people dead.
禁止措置の数週間前から、政治家の子供たちの贅沢な暮らしや汚職疑惑を浮き彫りにする「ネポ・キッド」キャンペーンがソーシャルメディア上で展開されていた。
In the weeks before the ban, a "nepo kid" campaign, spotlighting the lavish lifestyles of politicians' children and allegations of corruption, had taken off on social media.
政府がFacebookやYouTubeを含む26のソーシャルメディアプラットフォームの禁止措置に踏み切ったことを受け、抗議活動が勃発し、月曜日には数千人の若者が首都カトマンズの国会議事堂に押し寄せた。現在、複数の地区で夜間外出禁止令が出されている。
When the government moved to ban 26 social media platforms, including Facebook and YouTube, protests erupted with thousands of young people storming parliament in the capital Kathmandu on Monday. Several districts are now under a curfew.
政府閣僚は、月曜日深夜に「Z世代の要求に対応する」ため緊急会議を開催した後、禁止措置を解除したと述べた。
A government minister said they lifted the ban after an emergency meeting late on Monday night to "address the demands of Gen Z".
ネパール政府は先週、通信情報技術省への登録期限を遵守していないとして、26のソーシャルメディアプラットフォームをブロックするよう当局に命じた。
Last week, Nepal's government ordered authorities to block 26 social media platforms for not complying with a deadline to register with Nepal's ministry of communication and information technology.
InstagramやFacebookといったプラットフォームは、ネパールで数百万人のユーザーを抱え、娯楽、ニュース、ビジネスに利用されている。
Platforms such as Instagram and Facebook have millions of users in Nepal, who rely on them for entertainment, news and business.
しかし、政府は先週実施したこの禁止措置を、フェイクニュース、ヘイトスピーチ、オンライン詐欺への対策という名目で正当化していた。
But the government had justified its ban, implemented last week, in the name of tackling fake news, hate speech and online fraud.
月曜日に街頭に繰り出した若者たちは、政府の権威主義的な姿勢に抗議しているとも述べた。多くの人が「もうたくさんだ」「汚職に終止符を打つ」といったスローガンを書いたプラカードを掲げていた。
Young people who took to the streets on Monday said they were also protesting against what they saw as the authoritarian attitude of the government. Many held placards with slogans including "enough is enough" and "end to corruption".
一部の抗議参加者は、K・P・シャルマ・オリ首相の故郷ダマクにある自宅に石を投げつけた。
Some protesters hurled stones at Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli's house in his hometown Damak.
抗議参加者の一人、サバナ・ブダトキ氏は以前、BBCに対し、ソーシャルメディアの禁止こそが「集まった理由」だと語っていた。
One protester, Sabana Budathoki had earlier told the BBC that the social media ban was "just the reason" they gathered.
「ソーシャルメディアの禁止よりも、皆の関心は汚職にあると思います」と彼女は説明し、「私たちは国を取り戻したい。汚職を止めに来たのです」と付け加えた。
"Rather than [the] social media ban, I think everyone's focus is on corruption," she explained, adding: "We want our country back. We came to stop corruption."
月曜日、カトマンズの警察は抗議者を解散させるため、放水砲、警棒、ゴム弾を発射した。
On Monday, police in Kathmandu had fired water cannons, batons and rubber bullets to disperse the protesters.
オリ首相は、暴力行為と多数の死傷者を「深く悲しんでいる」と述べ、この日の出来事は「様々な既得権益団体の浸透」によるものだと非難した。Prime Minister Oli said he was "deeply saddened" by the violence and casualty toll, and blamed the day's events on "infiltration by various vested interest groups".
オリ首相は、政府は抗議活動を調査するための委員会を設置すると述べ、犠牲者の遺族には金銭的な「救済」を提供し、負傷者には無料の治療を提供すると付け加えた。
The government would set up a panel to investigate the protests, he said, adding that it would also offer financial "relief" to the families of those who died and free treatment to those injured.
ラメシュ・レハク内相は、抗議活動中の政権による武力行使に対する激しい批判を受け、月曜日夜に辞任を申し出た。
Home Minister Ramesh Lekhak submitted his resignation on Monday evening following intense criticism over his administration's use of force during the protests.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m