ロンドンのパレスチナ行動抗議活動で約500人が逮捕 BBC 2025/10/5
London Palestine Action protest: Met Police make nearly 500 arrests
ロンドン警視庁によると、ロンドン中心部で、禁止された団体「パレスチナ・アクション」を支持する抗議活動中に、約500人が逮捕された。
Nearly 500 people have been arrested in central London during protests in support of the proscribed group Palestine Action, the Metropolitan Police has said.
主催団体「ディフェンド・アワー・ジュリーズ」によると、トラファルガー広場周辺で行われた「パレスチナ・アクション」への支持デモには約1000人が参加した。パレスチナ・アクションは7月に政府によって禁止され、同団体への支持や所属を示すことは違法となっている。
Organisers Defend Our Juries said around 1,000 took part in demonstrations around Trafalgar Square backing Palestine Action - a group which was proscribed by the government in July making it illegal to show any support or affiliation to them.
ロンドン警視庁によると、逮捕者のうち488人は禁止団体を支援したとして逮捕されており、最年少は18歳、最年長は89歳だった。
The Met said 488 of the arrests were for supporting a proscribed organisation, with the the youngest person held being 18 and the oldest 89.
木曜日にマンチェスターで発生したシナゴーグ襲撃事件を受け、大臣や警察は抗議活動の延期を要請していたが、デモは強行された。
Demonstrations went ahead despite pleas from ministers and police who called for protests to be postponed following Thursday's deadly synagogue attack in Manchester.
キア・スターマー首相は抗議活動参加者に対し、「英国のユダヤ人の悲しみを尊重する」よう促したが、ユダヤ人の著名人も抗議活動を批判した。Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer had urged protesters to "respect the grief of British Jews", while Jewish figures also criticised the protests.
しかし、「陪審員を守る会」のメンバーであるゾーイ・コーエン氏は、ユダヤ人として「この恐ろしいシナゴーグ襲撃事件に深い悲しみを感じている」だけでなく、「ガザで殺害され、避難を強いられ、飢えに苦しむ何十万人ものパレスチナ人のためにも悲しんでいる」と述べた。
But Defend Our Juries member, Zoe Cohen, said as a Jewish person she is "grieving after the appalling synagogue attack" but also "grieving for the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians who have been murdered, displaced and starved in Gaza".
彼女はさらに、「一度に複数の残虐行為の犠牲者に対して、私たちが思いやりを持ち、心を開くことは可能だと思います」と付け加えた。
She added: "I think it's possible for us to be compassionate and open our hearts to victims of multiple atrocities at one time."
抗議活動中に発表された声明の中で、彼女は「もし今日の追悼集会が中止されていたら、私たちはテロに勝利を許していたでしょう」と述べた。
In the statement, released during the protest, she said "if today's vigil had been cancelled we would have been letting terror win".
警察によると、逮捕者の大部分はトラファルガー広場に集まったことで拘束された。また、6人は同日早朝、ウェストミンスター橋で禁止された団体を支持する横断幕を掲げたとして逮捕された。
Police said the bulk of those arrested were detained for gathering in Trafalgar Square; while six were arrested for unfurling a banner backing the proscribed group on Westminster Bridge earlier in the day.
ロンドン警視庁は、逮捕に時間がかかったのは「逮捕者の多くは広場から出てこないため、連行される必要がある」ためだと述べた。
The Met said each arrest took time because "many of those arrested won't walk out of the square and need to be carried".
ロンドン警視庁によると、この手続きを安全に行うには最低5人の警官が必要だという。
This is a process which requires a minimum of five officers to do so safely, according to the Met.
ロンドン警視庁は土曜日の早朝、「トラファルガー広場に残っている人々の大半は、パレスチナ行動を支持するプラカードを掲げていない傍観者だ」と述べていた。
Earlier on Saturday they said: "The majority of people still remaining in Trafalgar Square are onlookers who are not holding placards in support of Palestine Action."
同紙によると、別の抗議グループが同日夜遅くにホワイトホールに集結し、「まずトラファルガー広場、次に国会議事堂広場へ向かって行進しようと試みる前に道路を封鎖した」という。
It added that a different protest group had gathered in Whitehall later that evening, "blocking the road before trying to march first towards Trafalgar Square, then Parliament Square".
警察はホワイトホールでの抗議活動に対し、治安維持法に基づく条件を課した。そのため、抗議活動参加者は道路を離れ、リッチモンド・テラスに集合するよう命じられた。
Public Order Act conditions were imposed on the Whitehall protest by police, which means protesters were made to leave the road and assemble on Richmond Terrace.
警察によると、土曜日には合計492人が逮捕され、うち4人は酩酊状態、暴行、治安維持法違反、そして無関係の指名手配の容疑で逮捕された。
Police said a total of 492 people were arrested on Saturday - with four of the arrests for being drunk and disorderly, common assault, a public order offence and being wanted for an unrelated matter.
土曜日午後9時(英国夏時間)時点で297人が拘留されており、残りは保釈された。
As of 22:00 BST on Saturday, 297 people were in custody, while the rest had been bailed.
ロンドン中心部のランドマークで行われた、入場禁止に抗議する沈黙の祈りの中で、イスラエルとハマスの紛争で殺害されたパレスチナの子供たちの名前が読み上げられた。
During the silent vigil protesting the proscription at the central London landmark, the names of Palestinian children killed in the Israel-Hamas conflict are read out.
デモに先立ち、ロンドン警視庁は抗議者に対処するため、トラファルガー広場に1500人の警官を派遣すると発表した。
Ahead of the demonstrations, the Met Police said it would deploy 1,500 officers to Trafalgar Square to deal with the protesters.
PA通信によると、目を閉じて「ジェノサイドに反対、パレスチナ行動を支持する」と書かれたポスターを掲げていた牧師が、警察に逮捕され連行された。
A vicar, who had been sitting with her eyes closed and holding a poster saying "I oppose genocide, I support Palestine Action", was among those arrested and carried out by police, the PA news agency reports.
群衆の中には警察を「恥ずべき行為」と呼ぶ人もおり、女性が連行される際に、ある牧師は警官に「私たちを守ってくれてありがとう」と言った。Some people in the crowd called police "shameful" and one said to officers "thanks for protecting us" as the woman was taken away.
ロンドン警視庁は金曜日、Defend Our Juries(陪審員擁護団体)に書簡を送り、地域社会にとって「目に見える安心感と安全の確保」が必要な時期に、抗議活動によってどれほどの警察資源が浪費されることになるのか懸念を表明した。
On Friday, the Met wrote to Defend Our Juries to raise concerns about the amount of police resources the protest would divert at a time when "visible reassurance and protective security" was needed for communities.
しかし、パレスチナ・アクションの禁止に反対するデモを主導してきた同団体は、こうした声を無視し、抗議活動を強行した。
But the group, which has led demonstrations against the ban on Palestine Action, defied these calls and went ahead with the protest.
同団体は事前に発表した声明で、警察が「真のテロから市民を守ることを優先し、パレスチナ・アクションに対する不条理で馬鹿げた禁止措置の執行に資源を浪費しない」ことを望むと述べた。
In a statement beforehand, it said it hoped police "choose to prioritise protecting the public from real terrorism, and not waste resources on enforcing the absurd and ridiculous ban on Palestine Action".
トラファルガー広場でメインイベントが始まる数分前、Defend Our Juries(陪審員擁護団体)はウェストミンスター橋の北側で「ジェノサイドに反対」と「パレスチナ行動を支持する」と書かれた2枚の横断幕を掲げました。
Minutes before the main event started in Trafalgar Square, Defend Our Juries managed to hold two banners over the north side of Westminster Bridge which read: "I oppose genocide" and "I support Palestine Action".
ロンドン警視庁によると、警察官は数分後に横断幕を撤去し、関与した者を禁止団体を支援したとして逮捕しました。
The Met said officers removed the banners minutes later, and arrested those involved for supporting a proscribed organisation.
人権団体アムネスティ・インターナショナルUKの広報担当者は、「平和的に座り込み、プラカードを掲げている」という理由で人々を逮捕するのは警察の仕事ではないと述べた。
A spokesperson for human rights group Amnesty International UK, said arresting people for "peacefully sitting down and holding these signs" was not a job for the police.
広報担当者は、「こうした逮捕は英国の国際人権義務に違反しており、あってはならない」と付け加えた。
"These arrests are in breach of the UK's international human rights obligations and should not be happening", they added.
グレーター・マンチェスターのパレスチナ支援団体が主催した同様のイベントでは、約100人の親パレスチナ派がマンチェスター大聖堂前に集結し、デモ行進に備えた。
A similar event held by Greater Manchester Friends of Palestine also took place where a crowd of around 100 pro-Palestinian supporters gathered outside Manchester Cathedral ahead of a march.
マンチェスター・パレスチナ運動は、この抗議活動は「ガザにおける2年間のジェノサイド」を記念するものだと述べている。
The Manchester Palestine Movement said the protest was to mark "two years of genocide in Gaza".
イスラエルは、ガザにおける自国の行動がジェノサイドに該当することを繰り返し否定してきたが、先月、世界有数のジェノサイド研究者団体は、イスラエルの行為は国連ジェノサイド条約に定められた法的定義に該当すると述べた。
Israel has regularly denied that its actions in Gaza amount to genocide, but last month the world's leading association of genocide scholars said that the country's conduct meets the legal definition as laid out in the UN convention on genocide.
この抗議活動は、マンチェスターのヒートン・パーク・ヘブライ会衆シナゴーグ前でジハード・アル・シャミーが車で人々をはね、エイドリアン・ダルビーとメルビン・クラヴィッツという2人のユダヤ人男性が死亡した数日後に行われた。
The protests were held just days after two Jewish men - Adrian Daulby and Melvin Cravitz - were killed after Jihad Al-Shamie drove a car into people outside Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation synagogue in Manchester.
アル・シャミーはその後、シナゴーグに無理やり侵入しようとしたが、武装警官に射殺された。この襲撃で他に3人が負傷した。
Al-Shamie then tried to force his way into the synagogue before being shot dead by armed police. Three others were injured in the attack.
ユダヤ人コミュニティの警備を担当する慈善団体「コミュニティ・セキュリティ・トラスト」は、デモに先立ち、BBCラジオ4の番組「トゥデイ」で、今回の抗議活動は「驚くほど時代錯誤」だと語った。
Ahead of the demonstrations, the Community Security Trust charity - which provides security for the Jewish community - told BBC Radio 4's Today programme, the protests were "phenomenally tone deaf".
デイブ・リッチ氏はこう述べた。「人権と自由を大切にすると主張する多くの人々が、ユダヤ人が安全に生活し、シナゴーグに通う権利と自由を守るために警察の資源を割いている。それはすべて、禁止されているテロ組織を支援するためであり、パレスチナ人を支援することとは全く異なる。
Dave Rich said: "For so many people who claim to care about human rights and care about freedoms, to be taking police resources away from protecting the rights and freedoms of Jewish people to live their lives and go to synagogue in safety, all to support a proscribed terrorist organisation, which is not the same thing as supporting the Palestinians.
この二つは同じではない。控えめに言っても、これは非常に自己中心的で無神経な行為だと思う。」
"The two are not the same. And I think it's remarkably self absorbed and insensitive to say the least."
この団体はロンドン警視庁に対し、「パレスチナ・アクション」を支持する「平和的にプラカードを掲げている人々を逮捕するのではなく、地域社会の保護を優先する」よう強く求めている。
The group has urged the Met to "prioritise protecting the community, rather than arresting those peacefully holding signs" in support of Palestine Action.
政府は、今年初めに活動家らが英国空軍基地に侵入し、軍用機2機に損害を与えたことを受け、7月に反テロ法に基づきパレスチナ・アクションを禁止した。
The government proscribed Palestine Action under anti-terrorism legislation in July, after activists broke into an RAF base and damaged two military aircraft earlier in the year.
それ以降の様々な抗議活動で、この団体への支持を表明したとして数百人が逮捕されている。同団体は禁止措置に異議を申し立てる許可を得ている。
At various protests since then, hundreds have been arrested for showing support for the group, which has won permission to challenge the ban.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m