ルーブル美術館の宝石強盗事件でさらに2人が起訴される BBC 2025/11/2
Two more charged over Louvre jewellery heist
パリ検察当局は、先月ルーブル美術館で発生した窃盗事件に関連して、新たに2人が起訴されたと発表した。
Two more people have been charged over a theft at the Louvre Museum last month, the Paris prosecutor's office said.
38歳の女性は、組織的窃盗への共謀および犯罪目的の共謀罪で起訴された。また、37歳の男性は、窃盗罪および犯罪目的の共謀罪で起訴された。両者とも容疑を否認している。
A 38-year-old woman has been charged with complicity in organised theft and criminal conspiracy with a view to committing a crime. Separately, a man, aged 37, was charged with theft and criminal conspiracy. Both denied any involvement.
以前逮捕されていた2人の男は、当局が強盗事件への関与を「部分的に認めた」と発表した後、窃盗と犯罪共謀の罪で既に起訴されている。
Two men who had previously been arrested were already charged with theft and criminal conspiracy after officials said they had "partially recognised" their involvement in the heist.
10月19日、世界で最も多くの人が訪れるこの美術館から、8800万ユーロ(7600万ポンド、1億200万ドル)(約153億円)相当の宝石が盗まれた。
Jewels worth €88m (£76m; $102m) were taken from the world's most-visited museum on 19 October.
4人の男が白昼堂々、電光石火の早業で窃盗事件を起こした。
Four men carried out the lightning-quick daylight theft.
容疑者のうち2人は既に逮捕されており、後に犯行への関与を認めた。
Two of the alleged thieves - who had been arrested earlier - later admitted their involvement.
フランス国民は捜査の迅速な進展に安堵しているものの、多くの人はこの事件全体を国にとって屈辱的な恥辱だと感じている。
The French public is relieved to see quick progress in the investigation - but many see the whole episode as a humiliating embarrassment for the country.
AFP通信の記者によると、土曜日、起訴された女性は治安判事の前に出廷した際、涙を流しながら、自身がパリ北郊のラ・クルヌーヴに住んでいることを認めたという。
On Saturday, the woman who has been charged was in tears as she appeared before a magistrate and confirmed that she lived in Paris's northern suburb of La Courneuve, a journalist working for the AFP news agency reported.
治安判事はその後、この女性(氏名は公表されていない)を勾留するよう命じた。
The magistrate later ruled that the woman - who has not been named - must stay in custody.
身元が明らかにされていない37歳の男は、勾留されたまま裁判を待つよう命じられた。彼は過去に強盗事件を起こしたとして、フランスの司法当局に知られている人物だ。
The 37-year-old man - whose identity has also not been revealed - was also ordered to stay in pre-trial detention. He is known to the French justice system for past robberies.
フランスの司法制度では、「捜査対象」となった容疑者は、通常は裁判にかけられることになるが、必ずしもそうとは限らない。予審判事が指名され、その人物に対する「捜査」を指揮する。予審判事は、理論上は有罪となる証拠だけでなく、無罪となる可能性のある証拠も検討する。
In the French judicial system, a suspect "placed under investigation" will normally - but not necessarily - end up facing trial. An examining magistrate is designated to lead the "investigation" into the person, looking in theory at material that might exculpate as well as incriminate.
一方、容疑者は、裁判官が公共の安全に対する潜在的な危険性があると判断した場合、あるいは逃亡のおそれがある場合、または証拠隠滅のために他者と共謀するおそれがあると判断した場合は、引き続き拘留される可能性があります。
In the meantime, the suspect can remain in detention if a judge believes he or she is a potential danger to the public, or might abscond, or might collude with others to arrange evidence.
この最後の理由が、38歳の女性の勾留継続を正当化するために用いられました。
This last argument was used to justify the continued detention of the 38-year-old woman.
2人目の容疑者である37歳の男性の役割は明らかになっていません。しかし、水曜日に5人が拘束された際、検察当局は、そのうちの1人がDNA鑑定によって犯行現場と関連付けられたと発表しました。
The alleged role of the second suspect - the 37-year-old man - is not clear. But when the five were detained on Wednesday, the prosecutor's office said that one of them was linked by DNA to the crime scene.
おそらくそのため、彼は強盗事件発生中に路上に留まっていた2人のうちの1人であると疑われている。
Probably therefore he is suspected of being one of the two men who stayed on the street during the heist.
現場に関与した4人目の人物はまだ逮捕されていない。
The fourth involved at the scene has not yet been caught.
今週初めに逮捕された他の3人は、起訴されることなく釈放された。
Three other people held earlier this week have been released without charge.
パリの検察官、ロール・ベキュオー氏が先週明らかにしたところによると、強盗事件当日、犯人たちは美術館が一般公開された直後の午前9時30分(グリニッジ標準時午前7時30分)に現場に到着した。
On the day of the heist, the robbers arrived at 09:30 (07:30 GMT), just after the museum opened to visitors, Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau said last week.
容疑者たちは盗難された車両に取り付けられた高所作業車を使って、セーヌ川に近いバルコニーからアポロンギャラリーに侵入した。犯人たちはディスクグラインダーを使って、宝石が展示されていたショーケースをこじ開けたという。
The suspects arrived with a stolen vehicle-mounted mechanical lift to gain access to the Galerie d'Apollon (Gallery of Apollo) via a balcony close to the River Seine. The men used a disc cutter to crack open display cases housing the jewellery.
検察側によると、犯人たちは店内に4分間滞在し、午前9時38分に外で待機させていた2台のスクーターで逃走した後、車に乗り換えたという。Prosecutors said the thieves were inside for four minutes and made their escape on two scooters waiting outside at 09:38, before switching to cars.
盗まれた品物の一つである王冠は、逃走中に落とされた。残りの7つの宝石はまだ見つかっていない。
One of the stolen items - a crown - was dropped during the escape. The other seven jewels have not been found.
宝石はすでに海外に持ち出されてしまったのではないかと懸念されているが、事件を担当する検察官は、まだ無傷で回収できる可能性に希望を持っていると述べている。
The fear is that they have already been spirited abroad, though the prosecutor in charge of the case has said she is still hopeful they can be retrieved intact.
懸念されているのは、美術品がすでに海外に持ち出されてしまったのではないかということだが、事件を担当する検察官は、まだ無傷で回収できる可能性に希望を持っていると述べている。
The fear is that they have already been spirited abroad, though the prosecutor in charge of the case has said she is still hopeful they can be retrieved intact.
文化大臣のラシダ・ダティは金曜日、強盗事件に関する予備調査の結果を発表した。
Preliminary results of an enquiry into the robbery were released by Culture Minister Rachida Dati on Friday.
彼女は、美術館当局が長年にわたり「侵入と窃盗のリスクを著しく過小評価していた」と述べ、年末までに新たな対策を講じることを約束した。
She said that for years museum authorities had "gravely underestimated the risks of intrusion and theft", promising that new measures would be in place by the end of the year.
窃盗事件発生直後、ルーブル美術館の館長は、アポロンギャラリーを監視していた唯一のカメラが、泥棒たちが侵入のために乗り越えたバルコニーとは反対方向を向いていたことを明らかにした。
Shortly after the theft it was revealed by the Louvre's director that the only camera monitoring the Galerie d'Apollon was pointing away from a balcony the thieves climbed over to break in.
ルーブル美術館の館長、ローランス・デ・カールは、美術館が責任を果たせなかったことを認めたものの、警備体制が軽視されていたという見方は否定しました。彼女は、2021年に館長に就任して以来、より多くの投資が必要であることを常に訴えてきたと述べています。
The president of the Louvre, Laurence des Cars, has since admitted the museum had failed in its responsibilities, but denied that security had been overlooked - saying that from the time she took office in 2021 she had been warning constantly of the need for more investment.
また、アポロンギャラリーの警備体制における主な弱点は、ルーブル美術館の敷地境界線に防犯カメラが設置されていないことだと指摘しました。しかし、これはパリ市の責任であり、ルーブル美術館自身の責任ではないと付け加えました。
She also said the main weakness in the security arrangements for the Galerie d'Apollon was the lack of security cameras on the perimeter of the Louvre. But this, she said, was the responsibility of the city of Paris - not the Louvre itself.
しかし、批評家たちは、デ・カール氏が美術館の大規模改修計画(「ニュー・ルネサンス」と呼ばれる)に過剰に熱心すぎると非難している。この計画では、新しいエントランスの設置やモナ・リザ専用のギャラリーの建設などが予定されている。
However, critics have accused des Cars of being too interested in her ambitious renovation plan for the museum - dubbed the New Renaissance - which will see a new entrance as well as a separate gallery for the Mona Lisa.
彼らは、本来なら遺跡の基本的な保護に充てられるべき資金が、この新プロジェクトの資金として銀行に留保されていると主張している。
They say money that should have gone for basic protection of the site has been kept in the bank to finance the new project.
この事件以来、フランス国内の文化施設周辺では警備体制が強化されている。
Since the incident, security measures have been tightened around France's cultural institutions.
ルーブル美術館は、この強盗事件を受けて、最も貴重な宝飾品の一部をフランス銀行に移送した。
The Louvre has transferred some of its most precious jewels to the Bank of France following the heist.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m