トランプ大統領、パノラマ編集問題でBBCを法的措置に訴えると表明 BBC 2025/11/16
Trump says he will sue BBC for at least $1bn over Panorama edit
ドナルド・トランプ米大統領は、パノラマによる自身の演説編集をめぐり、BBCを法的措置に訴える意向を示した。パノラマ社は謝罪したものの、賠償金の支払いを拒否した。
US President Donald Trump has said he will take legal action against the BBC over how his speech was edited by Panorama, after the corporation apologised but refused to compensate him.
金曜日の夜、大統領専用機エアフォースワン機内で記者団に対し、トランプ大統領は「おそらく来週中に、10億ドル(7億5900万ポンド)(約1560億円)から50億ドルの範囲で訴訟を起こす」と述べた。
Speaking to reporters on board Air Force One on Friday evening, Trump said: "We'll sue them for anywhere between $1bn [£759m] and $5bn, probably sometime next week."
BBCは木曜日、2021年1月6日の演説の編集が意図せず「トランプ大統領が暴力行為を直接呼びかけたという誤った印象を与えた」と述べ、同演説の再放送を行わないと発表した。
On Thursday, the BBC said the edit of the 6 January 2021 speech had unintentionally given "the mistaken impression that President Trump had made a direct call for violent action" and said it would not be broadcast again.
パノラマは大統領に謝罪したが、賠償金は支払わないと表明した。
The corporation apologised to the president but said it would not pay financial compensation.
BBCがこの声明を発表したのは、トランプ氏の弁護士が、BBCが発言を撤回し、謝罪し、賠償金を支払わない限り、10億ドルの損害賠償を求めて訴訟を起こすと脅迫した後のことだ。
The BBC released that statement after Trump's lawyers threatened to sue the BBC for $1bn in damages unless the corporation issued a retraction, apology and paid him compensation.
トランプ氏は、法的措置を取る計画について記者団に対し、「そうしなければならないと思う。彼らは騙した。私の口から出た言葉を勝手に書き換えたのだ」と語った。
"I think I have to do it," Trump told reporters of his plan to take legal action. "They cheated. They changed the words coming out of my mouth."
大統領は、この問題をキール・スターマー氏に提起したことはないものの、首相から話をしたいと申し出があったと述べた。トランプ氏は週末にスターマー氏に電話すると述べた。
The president said he had not raised the issue with Sir Keir Starmer but that the prime minister had asked to speak to him. Trump said he would call Starmer over the weekend.
公開裁判記録データベースを調べたところ、金曜日の夜時点でフロリダ州の連邦裁判所および州裁判所に訴訟は提起されていないことが確認された。
A search of public court record databases confirmed that no lawsuit had been filed in federal or state court in Florida as of Friday evening.
BBCの広報担当者は土曜の夜、「現時点でトランプ大統領の弁護士からこれ以上の連絡はない」と述べた。
A BBC spokesperson said on Saturday evening: "We have had no further contact from President Trump's lawyers at this point.
「我々の立場は変わらない」。
"Our position remains the same."
大統領専用機エアフォースワンでの発言前に収録された別のインタビューで、トランプ氏はBBCを訴える「義務」があると述べ、「訴えなければ、他の人に同じことが起こるのを防げない」と付け加えた。
In a separate interview on Saturday recorded before his comments on Air Force One, Trump said he had an "obligation" to sue the BBC, adding: "If you don't do it, you don't stop it from happening again with other people."
トランプ氏は、この編集を「言語道断」で「カマラ事件よりもひどい」と批判した。これは、2024年大統領選の対立候補であるカマラ・ハリス氏への「60ミニッツ」でのインタビューをめぐって米CBSと争った事件に言及したものだった。
He called the edit "egregious" and "worse than the Kamala thing", a reference to a dispute he had with US news outlet CBS over an interview on the 60 Minutes programme with his 2024 election opponent Kamala Harris.
今年7月、米国のメディア企業パラマウント・グローバルは、このインタビューをめぐる法廷闘争を解決するため、1600万ドル(1350万ポンド)を支払うことに同意した。
In July this year, US media company Paramount Global agreed to pay $16m (£13.5m) to settle a legal dispute over that interview.
元BBC編集長で、元デービッド・キャメロン首相の政治・広報部長を務めたクレイグ・オリバー卿は、BBCトゥデイ番組で、これは公共放送にとって「悪夢」のような状況だと語った。
Sir Craig Oliver, former BBC editor and ex-director of politics and communications for former Prime Minister David Cameron, told BBC Today programme that this is a "nightmare" situation for the public broadcaster.
「問題は、公金がこの件と戦うため、あるいは和解するために使われる可能性があることです」とオリバー卿は述べ、トランプ氏は「BBCの資金調達方法や仕組みを理解していない」と付け加えた。
"The problem is that public money could be spent fighting this or settling this," Sir Craig said, adding that Trump doesn't "understand the BBC, how it is funded or how it works".
この論争は、2021年1月6日のトランプ大統領の演説が、2024年10月に放送されたドキュメンタリー番組「パノラマ」によって編集されたことに端を発している。演説中、トランプ大統領は支持者に対し、「私たちは議事堂まで歩いて行き、勇敢な上院議員、下院議員、そして女性議員たちを応援します」と語りかけた。
The controversy stems from the way in which Trump's 6 January 2021 speech was edited by Panorama for a documentary which aired in October 2024. During his address, he told supporters: "We're going to walk down to the Capitol, and we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women."
演説の50分以上後、トランプ大統領は「そして私たちは戦う。死ぬ気で戦う」と述べた。
More than 50 minutes later in the speech, he said: "And we fight. We fight like hell."
「パノラマ」の番組では、トランプ大統領が「私たちは議事堂まで歩いて行きます…そして私は皆さんと共にいます。そして私たちは戦う。死ぬ気で戦うのです」と発言している場面が映っている。
In the Panorama programme the clip shows him as saying: "We're going to walk down to the Capitol... and I'll be there with you. And we fight. We fight like hell."
トランプ大統領の演説の編集方法をめぐる論争は、BBCのティム・デイビー局長とデボラ・ターネスニュース部長の辞任につながった。
Controversy around how Trump's speech was edited has led to the resignations of BBC director general Tim Davie and head of news Deborah Turness.
BBCは木曜夜に公開した「訂正と説明」欄で、トランプ大統領の演説の編集方法に関する批判を受け、「パノラマ」番組を再検討したと述べた。
In its Corrections and Clarifications section, published on Thursday evening, the BBC said the Panorama programme had been reviewed after criticism of how Trump's speech had been edited.
声明では、「編集によって、演説の様々な箇所からの抜粋ではなく、演説の連続した一つの部分を放送しているという印象を与え、トランプ大統領が暴力行為を直接呼びかけたという誤った印象を与えたことを認めます」と述べている。
"We accept that our edit unintentionally created the impression that we were showing a single continuous section of the speech, rather than excerpts from different points in the speech, and that this gave the mistaken impression that President Trump had made a direct call for violent action," the statement said.
BBCの広報担当者は今週、BBCの弁護士がトランプ大統領の弁護団に書簡を送ったと述べた。
Lawyers for the BBC have written to Trump's legal team, a BBC spokesperson said this week.
BBCのサミール・シャー会長は、別途ホワイトハウスに親書を送り、番組で取り上げられた2021年1月6日の大統領演説の編集について、BBCとBBCはトランプ大統領に謝罪する旨を伝えたと述べている。
"BBC chair Samir Shah has separately sent a personal letter to the White House making clear to President Trump that he and the corporation are sorry for the edit of the president's speech on 6 January 2021, which featured in the programme," they said.
さらに、「BBCはビデオクリップの編集方法について心から遺憾に思うものの、名誉毀損の訴えの根拠があるとは強く反対する」と付け加えた。
They added: "While the BBC sincerely regrets the manner in which the video clip was edited, we strongly disagree there is a basis for a defamation claim."
トランプ氏の弁護団に宛てた書簡の中で、BBCは、回答すべき事由がないと考える理由として、5つの主要な論拠を示した。
In its letter to Trump's legal team, the BBC set out five main arguments for why it did not think it had a case to answer.
第一に、BBCは「パノラマ」のエピソードを米国のチャンネルで配信する権利を保有しておらず、実際に配信していないと述べた。
First it said the BBC did not have the rights to, and did not, distribute the Panorama episode on its US channels.
このドキュメンタリーがBBC iPlayerで配信されていた当時、視聴は英国国内に限定されていた。
When the documentary was available on BBC iPlayer, it was restricted to viewers in the UK.
第二に、このドキュメンタリーはトランプ氏に損害を与えたわけではない。トランプ氏はその後すぐに再選されたからだ。
Secondly, it said the documentary did not cause Trump harm, as he was re-elected shortly after.
第三に、このクリップは誤解を招く意図はなく、長いスピーチを短くする目的で作られたものであり、編集は悪意を持って行われたものではないと述べた。
Thirdly, it said the clip was not designed to mislead, but just to shorten a long speech, and that the edit was not done with malice.
第四に、このクリップは単独で検討されるべきものではないと述べた。むしろ、これは1時間の番組の中の12秒であり、トランプ氏を支持する声も数多く含まれていた。
Fourthly, it said the clip was never meant to be considered in isolation. Rather, it was 12 seconds within an hour-long programme, which also contained lots of voices in support of Trump.
最後に、公共の関心事に関する意見や政治的発言は、米国の名誉毀損法によって厳重に保護されている。
Finally, an opinion on a matter of public concern and political speech is heavily protected under defamation laws in the US.
BBCの謝罪は、2022年にニュースナイトで放送された、同様に編集された2つ目のクリップがデイリー・テレグラフによって暴露されてから数時間後に行われた。
The BBC's apology came hours after a second similarly edited clip, broadcast on Newsnight in 2022, was revealed by the Daily Telegraph.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m