見出し画像

ボンダイ・ビーチの英雄は、無実の人々を殺害する銃撃犯を止めたかったと語る BBC 2025/12/29

Bondi hero says he wanted to stop gunman killing innocent people

ボンダイビーチのユダヤ人イベントで15人を殺害した銃撃犯の一人を武装解除した男が、英雄的な行動を起こす直前の心境を明かした。
The man who disarmed one of the gunmen who killed 15 people at a Jewish event at Bondi Beach has revealed his thoughts in the moments before his heroic actions.

確認された映像には、シリア生まれシリア育ちのシドニーの店主、アハメド・アル・アハメド氏が、銃撃犯2人のうちの一人を背後からタックルし、長銃を奪い取っている様子が映っている。
In verified footage, Ahmed al Ahmed - a Sydney shop owner born and raised in Syria - tackled one of the two shooters from behind, wrestling a long-arm gun from him.

「私は彼を右手で押さえつけ、一言、つまり警告するように言いました。『銃を捨てろ、今やっていることを止めろ』と」と、2児の父親である彼は、BBCの米国パートナーであるCBSニュースとの独占インタビューで語った。
"I hold him with my right hand and start saying a word, you know, like to warn him - 'drop your gun, stop doing what you're doing'," the father-of-two told the BBC's US partner CBS News in an exclusive interview.

もう一人の容疑者から数発の銃撃を受けたアハメド氏は、自身の行動によって「多くの人々が救われた…しかし、亡くなった方々には今でも同情する」と語った。
Mr Ahmed, who was shot several times by the other alleged gunman, said his actions saved "lots of people... but I feel sorry still for the lost."

インタビューの中で、アハメド氏は、12月14日(日)、ボンダイビーチで行われたハヌカの行事で参加者を銃撃していたサジド・アクラム容疑者(50歳)にタックルした時のことを振り返った。
In the interview, Mr Ahmed recalled the moment he tackled Sajid Akram, 50, who was shooting attendees at a Hanukkah event at Bondi Beach on Sunday 14 December.

「私の目的は、彼から銃を奪い、罪のない人々を殺さずに人命を奪うことだけを阻止することでした。」
"My target was just to take the gun from him, and to stop him from killing a human being's life and not killing innocent people."

この襲撃で15人が死亡し、40人が負傷した。これは1996年以降、オーストラリアで最悪の銃乱射事件となった。警察はこの襲撃をユダヤ人コミュニティを狙ったテロ事件と発表している。
Fifteen people died during the attack - Australia's deadliest mass shooting since 1996 - and 40 others were injured. Police have declared the attack a terrorist incident targeting the Jewish community.

サジド・アクラム容疑者は警察に射殺され、事件後に入院したもう一人の容疑者である息子のナヴィード容疑者は、殺人15件とテロ攻撃1件を含む59件の罪で起訴された。
Sajid Akram was shot dead by police while his son Naveed, the other alleged gunman who was hospitalised after the attack, has since been charged with 59 offences including 15 counts of murder and one of committing a terrorist attack.

アハメド容疑者は、当局や政治家が数え切れないほどの命を救ったと述べている自身の行動に至るまでの心の中での考えを説明した。
Mr Ahmed described the inner thoughts running through his head in the lead-up to his actions, which authorities and politicians have said saved countless lives.

「感情的に、私は何かをしているんです。それは何かを感じています。私の体と脳に力があるんです」とアハメド容疑者は語った。
"Emotionally, I'm doing something, which is I feel something, a power in my body, my brain," Mr Ahmed said.

「目の前で人が殺されるのを見たくない。血を見たくない。銃の音を聞きたくない。人々が叫び、助けを求めて懇願するのを見たくない。
"I don't want to see people killed in front of me, I don't want to see blood, I don't want to hear his gun, I don't want to see people screaming and begging, asking for help.

「それが私の魂の叫びなのです。」
"That's my soul asking me to do that."

銃撃事件の数日後、アハメド氏は病院のベッドサイドで250万豪ドル(124万ポンド、170万ドル)の小切手を受け取った。これは彼の行動に心を動かされた何万人もの地域住民から集められたものだった。
In the days after the shooting, Mr Ahmed was presented with a cheque at his hospital bedside for A$2.5m (£1.24m; $1.7m) which had been raised from tens of thousands of community members moved by his actions.

彼はサジド・アクラム選手へのタックル後に肩を数発撃たれ、少なくとも3回の手術が必要となった。
He was shot several times in the shoulder after tackling Sajid Akram and required at least three operations.

オーストラリアのアンソニー・アルバネーゼ首相は病院にアーメド氏を見舞い、「我が国最高の人物」と称えた。一方、ニューサウスウェールズ州のクリス・ミンズ首相は彼を「真の英雄」と称えた。
Australia's Prime Minister Anthony Albanese visited Mr Ahmed in hospital, describing him as "the best of our country" while New South Wales Premier Chris Minns called him a "real-life hero".

アーメド氏の両親はこれに先立ち、BBCアラビア語の取材に対し、息子は「感情、良心、そして人間性によって突き動かされている」と語った。
Earlier, Mr Ahmed's parents told BBC Arabic that their son was "driven by his sentiment, conscience and humanity".



海外記事の和訳まとめ|世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中

いいなと思ったら応援しよう!

世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中 よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m