見出し画像

数週間にわたる致命的な衝突の後、タイとカンボジアの停戦が始まった BBC 2025/12/27

Thailand-Cambodia ceasefire begins after weeks of deadly clashes

タイとカンボジアの国境地帯で停戦が発効した。同地域では、約3週間にわたる死傷者を伴う衝突により、100万人近くが家を追われた。
A ceasefire between Thailand and Cambodia has come into effect along the border, where almost three weeks of deadly clashes have forced nearly one million people from their homes.

両国の国防相は共同声明で、現在位置する前線を凍結し、増援を禁止し、国境地帯に居住する民間人の早期帰還を認めることで合意した。
In a joint statement, the defence ministers of the two countries agreed to freeze the front lines where they are now, ban reinforcements and allow civilians living in border areas to return as soon as possible.

停戦は土曜日の現地時間正午(グリニッジ標準時午前5時)に発効した。声明によると、発効から72時間後、7月からタイに拘束されているカンボジア兵18人が解放される。
The ceasefire took effect at noon local time (05:00 GMT) on Saturday. Once it has been in place for 72 hours, 18 Cambodian soldiers held by Thailand since July will be released, the statement said.

この進展は、中国と米国の外交的後押しを受け、両国間の数日間にわたる協議を経て実現した。
The breakthrough came after days of talks between the two countries, with diplomatic encouragement from China and the US.

この合意は、避難民の帰還を最優先とし、地雷除去についても合意に含まれている。
The agreement prioritises getting the displaced back to their homes, and also includes an agreement to remove landmines.

タイのナタポン・ナークパニット国防相は、今回の停戦は「相手方の誠意」を試すものだと述べた。
Thailand's Defence Minister Natthaphon Narkphanit described the ceasefire as a test for the "other party's sincerity".

ナークパニット国防相は記者団に対し、「停戦が実現しない場合、あるいは違反された場合、タイは国際法に基づき正当な自衛権を保持する」と述べた。
"Should the ceasefire fail to materialise or be violated, Thailand retains its legitimate right to self-defence under international law," he told reporters.

国連人権高等弁務官のフォルカー・トゥルク氏は、今回の停戦が和平への「道を開く」ことを期待すると述べ、EUの報道官は停戦の実施に「誠意」を求めた。
UN human rights chief Volker Türk said he hopes the ceasefire will "pave the way" for peace, while an EU spokesperson urged "good faith" in its implementation.

タイは、前回の停戦が適切に実施されなかったとして、今回の停戦受け入れに難色を示していた。また、カンボジアが紛争を国際化しようとしているとみられる動きにタイは憤慨していた。
Thailand had been reluctant to accept the ceasefire, saying the last one was not properly implemented. They also resented what they saw as Cambodia's efforts to internationalise the conflict.

7月の前回の停戦とは異なり、今回の停戦には米国務省が関与していたにもかかわらず、ドナルド・トランプ米大統領は明らかに欠席していた。
Unlike the last ceasefire in July, US President Donald Trump was conspicuously absent from this one, although the US State Department was involved.

この停戦合意は、今月初めに新たな衝突が発生し、崩壊した。双方は停戦破綻の責任を互いに負わせた。
That ceasefire agreement collapsed earlier this month, when fresh clashes erupted. Both sides blamed each other for the breakdown of the truce.

タイ軍は、タイのシーサケット県で発生したカンボジア軍の攻撃に対し、自軍が対応したと発表した。この攻撃でタイ兵2名が負傷した。
The Thai army said its troops had responded to Cambodian fire in Thailand's Si Sa Ket province, in which two Thai soldiers were injured.

カンボジア国防省は、プレアビヒア県で最初に攻撃したのはタイ軍であり、カンボジアは報復措置を取らなかったと主張した。
Cambodia's defence ministry said it was Thai forces that had attacked first, in Preah Vihear province, and insisted that Cambodia did not retaliate.

衝突は12月を通して続いています。金曜日には、タイがカンボジア国内でさらなる空爆を実施しました。
Clashes have continued throughout December. On Friday, Thailand carried out more air strikes inside Cambodia.

タイ空軍は、民間人がその地域から撤退した後、カンボジアの「強化された軍事拠点」を攻撃したと発表しました。カンボジア国防省は、これらの空爆は民家に対する「無差別攻撃」であると述べました。
The Thai Air Force said it had hit a Cambodian "fortified military position" after civilians had left the area. Cambodia's defence ministry said the strikes were "indiscriminate attacks" against civilian houses.

今回の停戦がどれだけ持続するかは、政治的意思に大きく左右されます。両国において、民族主義的な感情が高まっています。
How well the ceasefire holds this time depends to a large extent on political will. Nationalist sentiment has been inflamed in both countries.

特にカンボジアは、多くの兵士と多くの軍事装備を失いました。国境沿いの拠点から追い返され、タイの空爆によって甚大な被害を受けました。こうした不満は、永続的な平和の実現を困難にする可能性があります。
Cambodia, in particular, has lost many soldiers and a lot of its military equipment. It has been driven back from positions it held on the border, and suffered extensive damage from the Thai air strikes, grievances which could make a lasting peace harder to achieve.

国境をめぐる対立は1世紀以上前から続いていますが、今年初め、係争中の寺院でカンボジア人女性グループが愛国歌を歌ったことをきっかけに、緊張が高まりました。
Disagreement over the border dates back more than a century, but tension increased early this year after a group of Cambodian women sang patriotic songs in a disputed temple.

5月の衝突でカンボジア兵士1人が死亡し、2か月後の7月には国境沿いで5日間にわたる激しい戦闘が発生し、数十人の兵士と民間人が死亡しました。さらに数千人の民間人が避難を余儀なくされました。
A Cambodian soldier was killed in a clash in May, and two months later, in July, there were five days of intense fighting along the border, which left dozens of soldiers and civilians dead. Thousands more civilians were displaced.

マレーシアとトランプ大統領の介入を受け、両国間で脆弱な停戦協定が交渉され、10月下旬に署名されました。
Following intervention by Malaysia and President Trump, a fragile ceasefire was negotiated between the two countries, and signed in late October.

トランプ大統領はこの合意を「クアラルンプール和平協定」と名付けた。この協定は、両陣営に対し、係争地域から重火器を撤退させ、同地域を監視するための暫定監視団を設置することを義務付けた。
Trump dubbed the agreement the "Kuala Lumpur Peace Accords". It mandated both sides to withdraw their heavy weapons from the disputed region, and to establish an interim observer team to monitor it.

しかし、タイ軍兵士が地雷で負傷したことを受け、11月にタイは協定を停止した。タイのアヌティン・チャーンウィラクル首相は、安全保障上の脅威は「実際には減少していない」と発表した。
However, the agreement was suspended by Thailand in November after Thai soldiers were injured by landmines, with Thai Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul announcing that the security threat had "not actually decreased".



海外記事の和訳まとめ|世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中

いいなと思ったら応援しよう!

世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中 よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m