リオデジャネイロで行われた史上最大規模の警察による強制捜査で、少なくとも132人が死亡したと公共弁護人事務所が発表した。CNN 2025/10/30
リオデジャネイロ州の公共弁護人事務所は水曜日、組織犯罪を取り締まるための大規模な警察の襲撃作戦で、少なくとも132人が死亡したと発表した。死者の中にはブラジル警察官4人も含まれているという。
At least 132 people have died in a massive police raid aimed at organized crime in Rio de Janeiro, the regional public defender’s office said on Wednesday. Among the dead are four Brazilian police officers, the office added.
リオデジャネイロ州のクラウディオ・カストロ知事は記者会見で、火曜日に行われたこの襲撃作戦による「公式の死者数」は58人だと述べた上で、「今後、さらに検視作業が進められるにつれて、この数字は確実に変わるだろう」と付け加えた。
Rio de Janeiro State Governor Cláudio Castro said at a press conference that the “official figure” from the raid on Tuesday is 58 deaths, “but that number will certainly change” as more forensic work is completed.
ロイター通信によると、この襲撃作戦の後、ファベーラ(貧民街)の住民によって発見された数十体の遺体が、家族による身元確認のために路上に並べられたという。
Dozens of bodies found by favela residents were displayed in the streets for families to identify after the deadly raid, Reuters news agency reported.
「私たちは昨日行われたことを、偉大な取り組みの始まり、誰もが団結し、共に協力し合い、リオの人々を解放するための良い条件が整う、偉大な時代の始まりとして捉えることができます」とカストロ氏は述べた。
“We can use what was done yesterday as the beginning of a great effort, the beginning of a great era, where everyone will unite, everyone will be able to work together, and we will have good conditions to free the people of Rio,” Castro said.
ロイター通信によると、カストロ氏は記者団に対し、警察は今回の作戦で「大量の麻薬」を押収したと語った。当局はまた、ソーシャルメディア上で、作戦中に少なくとも42丁のライフル銃が押収されたと発表した。
Castro told reporters that police confiscated a “large quantity of drugs” in the raid, according to Reuters. Authorities also claimed on social media that at least 42 rifles were seized during the operation.
カストロ氏は火曜日の午後、X(旧ツイッター)への投稿で、今回の襲撃を「リオデジャネイロ史上最大規模の作戦」と称した。
In a post on X on Tuesday afternoon, Castro pronounced the raid “the biggest operation in the history of Rio de Janeiro.”
国際的なイベント開催前には、リオデジャネイロ市内で警察による襲撃が行われることがよくある。来週、リオデジャネイロでは主要な気候変動会議であるC40世界市長サミットが開催される予定だ。
Police raids are common in the city before international events, and next week, Rio will host a major climate conference, the C40 World Mayors Summit.
ロイター通信が火曜日に公開した映像には、襲撃中にアレマン地区のファベーラ(スラム街)から巨大な黒煙が立ち上る様子が映っていた。襲撃後のアレマン地区の写真には、その煙の発生源である、バリケードとして使われた焼け焦げた車が写っていた。
Video published by Reuters on Tuesday showed huge columns of black smoke emerging from the Alemão favela during the raid. Photographs of Alemão in the aftermath showed the source: burned cars, constructed as barricades.
リオデジャネイロ州政府は、X(旧ツイッター)への長文投稿の中で、犯罪組織「コマンド・ヴェルメーリョ」の「勢力拡大に対抗する」ことを目的とした作戦を開始したと発表した。
Authorities launched an operation aiming to “combat the territorial expansion” of the Comando Vermelho criminal group, Rio de Janeiro’s government added in a lengthy thread on X.
州政府によると、この作戦は1年以上前から計画されており、2,500人以上の軍人および警察官が投入されたという。
The operation was in the works for over a year, the government said, and involved more than 2,500 military and civilian police personnel.
シンクタンクのInSight Crimeによると、コマンド・ヴェルメーリョはブラジルで最も歴史のある現役の犯罪組織である。その名称はポルトガル語で「赤い司令部」を意味し、1985年までブラジルを支配していた軍事独裁政権時代に結成された左翼系囚人組織としての起源に由来する。
Comando Vermelho is Brazil’s oldest active criminal organization, according to the think tank InSight Crime. Its name, Portuguese for “Red Command,” is a reference to its origins as a leftist prisoners’ organization formed during the military dictatorship that ruled over Brazil until 1985.
以来、コマンド・ヴェルメーリョは麻薬密売や恐喝に関与する巨大な国際犯罪組織へと成長した。InSight Crimeの報告によると、近年は国家権力や他の犯罪組織との間で暴力的な衝突が激化しているという。
Since then, Red Command has become a massive, transnational criminal group, involved in drug trafficking and extortion. InSight Crime reports that in recent years, it has struggled with escalating violence from the state and other criminal militias.
ギャングがドローンを使用していたと警察が発表
Gang used drones, police claim
リオデジャネイロ州警察のソーシャルメディアへの投稿によると、火曜日に少なくとも81人が逮捕された。
At least 81 people were arrested Tuesday, according to a social media post by Rio de Janeiro’s Police Department.
当局によると、捜索中にギャングのメンバーがドローンを使って警察官を攻撃したという。
During the raid, gang members allegedly targeted police with a drone, authorities said.
リオデジャネイロ州政府はX(旧ツイッター)への投稿で、「報復として、犯罪者たちはペンニャ複合地区でドローンを使って警察官を攻撃した」と述べ、ドローンが上空から発射物を投下しているように見える映像を共有した。
“In retaliation, criminals used drones to attack police officers in the Penha Complex,” Rio de Janeiro’s state government said in a post on X, sharing a video of what appears to show a drone firing a projectile from the sky.
「攻撃にもかかわらず、治安部隊は犯罪との闘いにおいて揺るぎない姿勢を保っている」と州政府は付け加えた。
“Despite the attacks, security forces remain steadfast in the fight against crime,” the state government added.
「これが我々が直面している課題の深刻さだ」とカストロ氏は投稿の中で述べ、その後、米国やラテンアメリカの強硬派指導者の間でよく使われる言葉を用いた。「これはもはや単なる一般犯罪ではなく、麻薬テロだ。」
“This is the magnitude of the challenge we face,” Castro said in a post, before using a term popular among tough-on-crime leaders in the United States and Latin America. “It is no longer common crime, it is narco-terrorism.”
カストロ氏はまた、作戦実施中は影響を受ける地域の住民に対し、屋内にとどまるよう呼びかけた。
Castro also asked residents of the affected neighborhoods to remain indoors while the operation is underway.
米国務省は火曜日、リオデジャネイロ北部を訪れる旅行者に対し、「警察と犯罪組織との間で続く衝突により、北部地域の複数の場所で交通が混乱している」と警告し、同地域への立ち入りを避けるよう促した。
The US State Department told visitors to steer clear of northern Rio on Tuesday, warning that “ongoing fighting between police and criminal factions have caused disruptions to traffic in multiple areas of the North Zone.”
カストロ氏は、衝突は森林地帯で発生したと述べ、犠牲者は全員犯罪者だったと考えていると語った。
Castro said that the clash took place in a wooded area and he believes that the casualties were all criminals.
「衝突が起きている日に、森の中を散歩している人がいるとは到底思えません」と彼は述べた。
“I don’t believe anyone was just strolling in the woods on a day of conflict,” he said.
国連人権高等弁務官事務所は「強い衝撃を受けている」と表明した。
UN human rights office ‘horrified’
火曜日の襲撃は、今年アレマン地区のファベーラで発生した最初の事件ではない。1月にも警察による作戦が行われ、5人が死亡し、焼け焦げた車で作られた同様のバリケードが街中に散乱していた。
Tuesday’s raid is not the first in the Alemão favela this year. In January, a police operation ended with five dead and the neighborhood littered with similar barricades of burned-out cars.
火曜日、リオデジャネイロ州知事は、アレマン地区で行われた今回の作戦は、2010年に同地区で発生した悪名高い長期にわたる治安危機よりも大規模なものだったと述べた。
On Tuesday, Rio de Janeiro’s governor claimed the operation in Alemão was larger than an infamous, protracted security crisis the neighborhood experienced in 2010.
ブラジル国内の銃暴力事件を追跡調査しているフォゴ・クルザード(クロスファイア)研究所によると、2025年9月に記録された銃による負傷者の半数以上は、警察の作戦によるものだったという。
According to the Fogo Cruzado (Crossfire) Institute, which tracks gun violence in Brazil, more than half of the firearms injuries recorded in September 2025 came from police operations.
ブラジルの同様のスラム街で行われた過去の襲撃作戦は、人権擁護団体から多くの批判を浴びてきた。
Past raids on similar slums in Brazil have attracted copious criticism from civil rights advocates.
2021年5月には、ジャカレジーニョのファベーラ(スラム街)で行われた襲撃で少なくとも25人が死亡し、最高裁判所は「極めて例外的な状況」でない限り、新型コロナウイルス感染症のパンデミック終息まで警察による襲撃作戦をすべて禁止する判決を下した。In May 2021, a raid in the Jacarezinho favela killed at least 25 people and led the Supreme Court to ban all police raids until the end of the COVID pandemic unless the circumstances were “absolutely exceptional.”
火曜日、国連人権高等弁務官事務所はX(旧ツイッター)への投稿で今回の襲撃を批判し、暴力の規模に「愕然としている」と述べた。
On Tuesday, the United Nations Human Rights Office criticized the raid in a post on X, saying that it was “horrified” by the scale of the violence.
「この致命的な作戦は、ブラジルの貧困地域における警察の作戦がもたらす極めて深刻な結果という傾向をさらに悪化させるものだ」と、同事務所は声明で述べた。「我々は当局に対し、国際人権法に基づく義務を改めて認識させるとともに、迅速かつ効果的な捜査を行うよう強く求める。」
“This deadly operation furthers the trend of extreme lethal consequences of police operations in Brazil’s marginalized communities,” the office wrote. “We remind authorities of their obligations under international human rights law, and urge prompt and effective investigations.”
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m