1,912 questions
Score of 4
2 answers
283 views
Why does Java's X22519 Lib works with some inputs but not others
I am using java built-in SunEC 21 security provider to do X25519 test cases and all work but one.
I am using the same logic for every test just different inputs.
When I use the inputs:
Public key: ...
Score of 1
1 answer
360 views
Validating an Ed25519 public key (isOnCurve check) in Java
Is there a standard way to validate an Ed25519 public key (check that it's really a point on the curve and not some random bytes) using the standard Java Crypto APIs and/or BouncyCastle?
I found a ...
Score of 1
0 answers
95 views
Add the recipient in the Bouncy Castle
I’ve been working with the Bouncy Castle library for encrypting and decrypting my data using a subkey (designated as E) for encryption. However, I have a few specific concerns that I’d like some ...
Score of 0
1 answer
298 views
Problem generating EC PEM keypair on iOS in Swift, using Security framework
I want to generate the same kind of key pair as the result of following openssl command:
openssl ecparam -genkey -name prime256v1 -noout -out ec256-key-pair.pem
openssl ec -in ec256-key-pair.pem -...
Score of 1
0 answers
79 views
Why are characters in my RING-LWE Encryption being swapped?
I'm developing a Secure Chat Application using Ring-LWE for my cryptography and securities project using Java in a Client-Server environment. I have so far implemented the logic behind the key sharing ...
Score of -2
1 answer
333 views
How can encrypt\encode (Base64) for a generated key including message with 2nd public data key in OpenPGP medium? [closed]
I'm using Kleopatra after installing Gpg4win. I have generated an RSA key pair with a 1024-bit key size using my name as the username in Windows Command Prompt. I was supposed to generate and sign the ...
Score of 1
1 answer
360 views
Verify signature with C/OpenSSL
I generated a key pair in PHP using:
$options = [
'digest_alg' => 'SHA256',
'private_key_type' => OPENSSL_KEYTYPE_EC,
'private_key_bits' => 2048,
'curve_name' => 'secp384r1'...
Score of 0
1 answer
352 views
End-to-End Payload Encryption in Laravel Livewire
Livewire Version: 3.5.12
I’d like to share and discuss an approach for adding end-to-end payload encryption on top of HTTPS for a Laravel 11 application using Livewire v3. This setup adds an ...
Score of 0
0 answers
263 views
What is the default IV length and size used by Bouncy castle when encrypting data with AES in GCM mode?
I am currently working on a project that involves encrypting data using AES in Galois/Counter Mode (GCM) with a Bouncy castle. I need to understand the default settings used by the Bouncy castle for ...
Score of 0
1 answer
71 views
Alternative to PGP-style data delivery using certificates [closed]
I have a server application that records some data. This data is encrypted using a runtime generated AES, and the AES key is then encrypted using a receiver public certificate. The whole lot is then ...
Score of 2
0 answers
392 views
Import Wrapped Key to Keystore
I generate the RSA key pair and the aes key, then wrap the aes key using the rsa public key.Then try to import the encrypted AES key to Android Keystore but a meaningless error message appears
That ...
Score of -2
1 answer
113 views
Encrypt my own message and its giving a different message [closed]
So I'm trying to encrypt my own message but its coming out in symbols instead of letters.
Here is my code below
while b != 0:
a, b = b, a % b
return a
s0, s1 = 1, 0
t0, t1 = 0,...
Score of 1
1 answer
231 views
My exportable private key isn't exportable
Note: the answer can come in either VB.NET or C#. I have no preference for this Q&A.
I'm using the Certes and Bouncy Castle-based code below to finalize, generate and import a Let's Encrypt TLS ...
Score of 1
1 answer
2703 views
How to create EVP_PKEY from public key string in C
I am trying to perform string data encryption in C using OpenSSL with a public key shared with me. I have searched online but I haven't had much success finding helpful information.
My encryption ...
Score of 0
1 answer
1105 views
Encrypt Decrypt file using GNUPG
I created PGP keys using this key generator website (Algo - RSA, Key Size - 4096 bits). I am using Databricks to write its encrypt and decrypt function and store public and private keys generated ...