HelixVision

HelixVision

How to run a game in VR without(!) the fix? (ESO fix is broken)
Hello,

I am pretty new to this and don't know all the details to fully understand Helixvision. So maybe someone can point me to a wiki or similar.

I do have a GTX1070 with driver 425.31, 3dVision IR Emitter (with glasses) and all checks on driver tab are green. The monitor used is an ultra wide 3440 x 1440.

My issue: Elder Scrolls Online 3DFix crashes the game
However, it seems the fix for the shaders is outdated and not needed anymore.
So when I choose Play in VR without the fix, I can get a anglyph picture on my monitor, but in VR I just see the helix screen telling "Launching Elder Scrolls Online".
From my current understanding this happens because 3Dmigoto is not installed as it comes with the fix (but with the fix it crashes).

I also don't understand what VR settings I have to choose. Is "3D Vision Discover for VR" correct? Should 3dmigoto output set to SBS ??

What is the correct setup here? Should it work with Helixvision in VR or should I try to generate a SBS and use virtual desktop (which seems to be a workarround).

Any help or insights are highly apprechiated!

Best regards,
Cer

PS: I have also 3DFix Manager installed but not active when using Helixvision.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Originally posted by cer:
Hello,

I am pretty new to this and don't know all the details to fully understand Helixvision. So maybe someone can point me to a wiki or similar.

I do have a GTX1070 with driver 425.31, 3dVision IR Emitter (with glasses) and all checks on driver tab are green.

My issue: Elder Scrolls Online 3DFix crashes the game
However, it seems the fix for the shaders is outdated and not needed anymore.
So when I choose Play in VR without the fix, I can get a anglyph picture on my monitor, but in VR I just see the helix screen telling "Launching Elder Scrolls Online".
From my current understanding this happens because 3Dmigoto is not installed as it comes with the fix (but with the fix it crashes).

I also don't understand what VR settings I have to choose. Is "3D Vision Discover for VR" correct? Should 3dmigoto output set to SBS ??

What is the correct setup here? Should it work with Helixvision in VR or should I try to generate a SBS and use virtual desktop (which seems to be a workarround).

Any help or insights are highly apprechiated!

Best regards,
Cer


I had trouble getting ESO to run in 3D for a little while but eventually it worked in 3DFM by tinkering with the directory settings. Probably not particularly helpful, but games which run in 3DFM tend to run easily in Helixvision. IIRC, VR doesn't behave like a detectable monitor at all where you would even need to choose 3D Vision Discover. In the driver section of Helixvision, do you have all green across the board with the 3D drivers?
As written: "and all checks on driver tab are green".
What directory settings? I don't see such option in 3DFM.
Just teted again today:
I press "Play in VR" the ESO launcher and Katanga window comes up. In the katange window and in VR I see the Helix Logo. As soon as I press play in the ESO launcher below error message appears immediately and katange window closes. When I then press play again inthe ESO launcher, the come comes up in anaglyph stereo.

Can I somehow edit the fix-ini file to disable the shaders? Or is it a 3Dmigoto issue?

====================================================================
eso has stopped working.
====================================================================

[reporter]
version = 0.01


[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.6.2.7.2134191
branch = live
client.executablebits = 64
client.mode = startup
client.session_start_timestamp = 2021-01-15T07:49:40.835+01:00
client.timestamp = 2021-01-15T07:49:40.976+01:00 -frme 0-
cpu.arch = 9
cpu.count = 4
cpu.level = 6
cpu.type = 8664
exe.buildnum = 2134191
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
mem.system_physical = 16333
os.osbits = 64
os.platform = windows
os.version = 10.0.19041.
ptime = 303
reportfield.ver = 4
version.major = 6
version.patch = 2
version.subpatch = 7
Originally posted by cer:
As written: "and all checks on driver tab are green".
What directory settings? I don't see such option in 3DFM.

Helixvision looks and behaves similar to 3DFM, however the latter is for Nvidia 3D Vision or 3DTV Play only.

The directory setting is something I used way back in 3D Fix Manager to get ESO running in 3D, had to direct the program to the right folder when adding a new game since some game directories have more than one .exe file. Not truly important at the moment, just lore.

In Helixvision under the driver tab, do you have all green dots all the way down to the end like this?

https://ibb.co/5LJ9jJC

Jan 15, 2021 @ 2:26am 
You will still want to have the 3Dmigoto that comes with HelixVision installed in the game directory. We ship a special version that connects the game to the VR/Katanga side, so without 3Dmigoto there will be no display.

You can install the game fix on the profile page, and then also say yes for the request to update to the proper version of 3Dmigoto. This will be 1.3.16.46.

If the fix is not necessary, you can always rename the ShaderFixes folder and d3dx.ini to avoid all the fixing code.

If the game is crashing, test without VR by using the PlayIn3D, which does everything except the setup and launch of the VR app. If that crashes, try setting your monitor resolution to the same as the game. Or also try to run the game windowed.


In the Display Profiles->VRProfile you want to use normal 3D Vision Discover. It shouldn't matter if you switch to the "for VR" version, but that's a different variant that is used for VirtualDesktop support.
Hi Bo3b,

thank you very much for your valuable insights!
Since I tried ESO with 3DFM first and you said that Helixvision delivers a special version of 3Dmigoto, I uninstalled the fix and cleared the DL cache. Then I installed it again using Helixvision and renamed the ShaderFixes folder and d3dx.ini in the ESO client folder.

When I used "Play in 3D" the game crashes on the 1st attempt pressing Play in the ESO launcher but then starts when I press Play again one or two times. It comes up in anaglyph stereo as expected.
When I use "Play in VR" it also crashes on the 1st attempt and with it the katanga window also closes. Pressing play again will start the game, but without VR as katanga is down.
I can bring back katana by pressing "Play in VR" while the ESO launcher is still up, but the game will always crash even after multiple tries. I tried this in fullscreen and in windowed fullscreen.

Using "Play in 2D" is no issuue at all, even when 3D is toggeled on. It launches on the 1st try in anaglyph stereo.

Then I tried "Play in 3D" but with activated "3Dmigoto 3D format". It doesn't matter wich format I choose, the game always crashes even on multiple attempts.

So, it doesn't seem to be an issue with the 3Dfix as I renamed it.
It seems Helixvision itself is disturbing the game somehow and 3Dmigoto making it worse.

Do you have any more ideas what could be the reason, or what I could try in addition to narrow down the problem? Should I try an older version of 3Dmigoto?
I tried the 3Dmigoto version that came with the fix. After "Play" the screen turns black for a brief moment as if the game would launch, but then crashes again.
Jan 16, 2021 @ 8:39pm 
Originally posted by cer:
I tried the 3Dmigoto version that came with the fix. After "Play" the screen turns black for a brief moment as if the game would launch, but then crashes again.
It seems like there might be a new introduced problem with 3Dmigoto and the game.

If you set the calls=1, and unbuffered=1 in the d3dx.ini file (part of 3Dmigoto), it will generate a log file that would be worth looking at for this crash.


If you can get the game running properly in 3D Vision Discover/anaglyph while the 3Dmigoto 1.3.16.46 is attached, it is probably possible to have Katanga connect with a post launch. We can pass parameters to the katanga app, and tell it what game to look for. Because of how 1.3.16.46 works, there is not time constraint on making the connection.

You can make a shortcut to Katanga that specifies. As an example:

W:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\HelixVision\Tools\Katanga\katanga.exe --game-path W:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Prey\Binaries\Danielle\x64\Release\prey.exe --launch-type DX11Exe
It seems that I am not able to get ESO running while the 3Dmigoto 1.3.16.46 is attached, at least no log is written. So the crash seems to happen before and when I manage to start ESO in anaglyph by multiple tries of "crash -> cancel -> play" it seems the game starts only because 3dmigoto is somehow banned. Then only the standard anaglyph 3D kicks in that could probably acitated even without helixvision.
As I also have a 3Dvision monitor I tried to get it run in 3D with shutter glasses, but somehow that is not possible. When I press Ctrl-T the game freezes a few mili seconds, but then continue in 2D.

Anyway, I tried to connect katanga post launch as described while the anaglyph is on. But katanga only shows "Launching..." on the big white screen. Guess 3dmigoto is not connected.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50