Demon Turf

Demon Turf

View Stats:
Softlock on Cave Huts Return Trip
In the room where you fight the three pigs (two flying, all 3 with spiked helmets) to gain access to the button that spawns the grapple points to let you access the big tower, pressing the button to spawn the grapples completely softlocks the game. It freezes as if it's going to show you the zoom in, but it doesn't show and I just see the room covered in a yellowy mist effect. No buttons do anything except the respawn button (which doesn't actually work it just plays the sound effect), can't pause to reset the level, hard exiting the game manually is the only way to get out of it.
Originally posted by Fabraz:
Specifically by turning on manual cutaway cam if you turned it off or vice versa.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Apr 19, 2022 @ 3:32am 
Odd one! Can you send us your player log?

`C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Fabraz\Demon Turf\Player.log
I know steam can be a bit awkward with drive links but idk where else to upload it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QxNK6-RdRF0OL2x8V4MP-0IyrSes9meP/view?usp=sharing
Apr 19, 2022 @ 12:20pm 
Giving it a quick look, we've got a math error potentially on the camera. Do you have any camera settings on? Try resetting the settings to default.
A developer of this app has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Apr 19, 2022 @ 12:30pm 
Specifically by turning on manual cutaway cam if you turned it off or vice versa.
Apr 19, 2022 @ 1:01pm 
Oh, an done more thing to try: Unplug any secondary monitor if you have one. I know, sounds weird but that's the possibilities I can see right now.
Originally posted by Fabraz:
Specifically by turning on manual cutaway cam if you turned it off or vice versa.

Seems like the issue is to do with focus cam. Having manual focus cam turned on is what was causing the issue (which is annoying, and also weird because I beat the level the first time with it turned on, this issue only started occuring when replaying and trying to speedrun it).
Apr 20, 2022 @ 2:06am 
Yeah, it's also insanely inconsistent because it doesn't happen on our machines either.

But at least you can proceed normally now, just quickly toggling the settings for this one button.
Originally posted by Fabraz:
Yeah, it's also insanely inconsistent because it doesn't happen on our machines either.

But at least you can proceed normally now, just quickly toggling the settings for this one button.

It was happening quite consistently on my replays of the stage. Obly difference I can think of as to why it worked for me the first time and no other time is that the first time I played the level I entered the first building and made the bridge appear, every other time I launched myself over the gap cuz I was going for max speed.
i also have this issue. except toggling the camera mode doesn't fix the softlock. I've tried five or so times and it softlocks without fail no matter what i do.
nvm, i was getting auto camera and focus camera confused
I realise I'm posting three years later, but I had this issue too. Can confirm that enabling the Manual Cutaway Cam seemed to fix the issue; cheers for the suggestion!
Still happens, and the fix still work. A blessing in disguide since I was going crazy with those automatic cutaways lmao
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50