Neon White

Neon White

View Stats:
Will you make a GOG version?
I'm about half-way through the demo, and absolutely loving it so far! It's way better than I had hoped or expected, and I love the way the abilities work and handle. Seriously, great job! This is my favorite of all the games I've tried this week.

My only question is whether you'll bring this game over to GOG, because I would love to buy a DRM-free version.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
I'd like to have a GOG version as well!
Yeah, gog version would be preferable.
Who cares about drm my man its not like steam is gonna shut down any time soon
If the option is to have drm-free game or having to log to unnecessary launcher, choice is obvious.
Originally posted by Adorea:
Who cares about drm my man its not like steam is gonna shut down any time soon
I mean, I do, obviously. I have no fear of Steam shutting down, but I prefer all my games to be DRM-free, and thus I'm now mostly shopping on GOG and occasionally Epic as they both offer DRM-free games.
I'd like a GOG version.
Originally posted by Dredd20:
I'd like to have a GOG version as well!

+1
bump
Originally posted by Ragnar:
I'm about half-way through the demo, and absolutely loving it so far! It's way better than I had hoped or expected, and I love the way the abilities work and handle. Seriously, great job! This is my favorite of all the games I've tried this week.

My only question is whether you'll bring this game over to GOG, because I would love to buy a DRM-free version.
Not enough people care about DRM-free stuff.
Originally posted by GameSmashDash:
Not enough people care about DRM-free stuff.

:vvvvvv_victoria:
Originally posted by L.Brown:
Originally posted by GameSmashDash:
Not enough people care about DRM-free stuff.

:vvvvvv_victoria:
I mean it's true; GoG isn't making enough profit as it stands, it's the ugly truth. The problem is it's competing with so many game launchers, even platforms like itch io platforms have this area locked down much better with the limited file size uploads.

From my understanding GoG doesn't provide a better service than Steam, nor has niche games that they're able to grab people with. If you want people to use your product, there needs to be an appeal.
Originally posted by GameSmashDash:
Originally posted by L.Brown:

:vvvvvv_victoria:
I mean it's true; GoG isn't making enough profit as it stands, it's the ugly truth. The problem is it's competing with so many game launchers, even platforms like itch io platforms have this area locked down much better with the limited file size uploads.

From my understanding GoG doesn't provide a better service than Steam, nor has niche games that they're able to grab people with. If you want people to use your product, there needs to be an appeal.
As a counter argument, enough people care about buying DRM-free games that GOG is still around despite competing with Steam and Epic and others, and there are more and more games releasing on GOG.

And GOG being a smaller platform isn't necessarily a bad thing. Smaller means that it's easier for a game to stand out, rather than being just 1 of the 8000+ games released on Steam each year, and I would wager that the average GOG user is more passionate about buying and supporting indie games than the average Steam user. I don't have more recent stats, but I saw that indie sales on Steam dropped by 70% in 2019.
Originally posted by Ragnar:
Originally posted by GameSmashDash:
I mean it's true; GoG isn't making enough profit as it stands, it's the ugly truth. The problem is it's competing with so many game launchers, even platforms like itch io platforms have this area locked down much better with the limited file size uploads.

From my understanding GoG doesn't provide a better service than Steam, nor has niche games that they're able to grab people with. If you want people to use your product, there needs to be an appeal.
As a counter argument, enough people care about buying DRM-free games that GOG is still around despite competing with Steam and Epic and others, and there are more and more games releasing on GOG.

And GOG being a smaller platform isn't necessarily a bad thing. Smaller means that it's easier for a game to stand out, rather than being just 1 of the 8000+ games released on Steam each year, and I would wager that the average GOG user is more passionate about buying and supporting indie games than the average Steam user. I don't have more recent stats, but I saw that indie sales on Steam dropped by 70% in 2019.
GOG quite literally said they'd be cutting down on content they allow on their platform. They are losing money and said they're cutting back, there is no counter argument to a literal problem the company is facing.
Originally posted by GameSmashDash:
They are losing money and said they're cutting back
Can you provide a source of that?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 1530 50