Far Cry® 3

Far Cry® 3

View Stats:
the game always crashed at Lisa's car chasing scene
do you company feel ashamed when you release a unplayable game ?
this bug exists for years.
dx11, settngs low/medium, 4k resolution 120fps with nvidia smooth motion. 4070S , i514k . large adress aware enabled.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Yeah facing the same issue here man, game crashes after every 10-15 mins of playing
I fixed my issue by going into my Nvidia app and locking the game at 60 FPS, some older games don't run well over 60fps, no crashes so far since I did that
Originally posted by ii_Gizmo_ii:
I fixed my issue by going into my Nvidia app and locking the game at 60 FPS, some older games don't run well over 60fps, no crashes so far since I did that
thanks i will try
Try Large Address Aware
I agree it's frustrating but expecting support on a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 14 year old game is insane.
Originally posted by Consent:
I agree it's frustrating but expecting support on a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 14 year old game is insane.
doesn't matter if they still got money from it. and these kinds of issue exists for years not first time.
try going to launch as admin on file farcry3_d3d11
go to game page - settings - manage - browse local files -bin - farcry3_d3d11 right click run as admin hope it helps
Originally posted by Phantompez:
try going to launch as admin on file farcry3_d3d11
go to game page - settings - manage - browse local files -bin - farcry3_d3d11 right click run as admin hope it helps
thanks guy
Large Adress Aware and turn it on.(so it can use 4GB RAM up from default 2GB).

I also limited CPU to use only 4 cores when playing this game.

This two settings solved my crashes.

It still has kinda bad perfomance likely cause it is an old 32 bit engine which barely uses the CPU and can not handle many CPU cores well.

Even later Dunia Engine 2 games(basically the Far cry series) are not that good at using CPU cores.
Edit the gamerprofile.xml found in Documents\My games\Far Cry 3 and set D3D11MultithreadedRendering to 0. Doing that should fix the Lisa mission crash.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50