ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Linux Player Issue: Error Code: ST-3200003
Hey, if you Project Aces are to release on Steam, at least expect Linux Players especially SteamOS people man. I can't play online like this and it's frustrating. Anyone who reads this please, voice your issues too.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
im a linux user and i am thinking of refunding since a 1/3 of the content i paid for is unusable to me
It's asinine to block linux users from online. I can play Monster Hunter online with no issues and I hear Tekken 8 allows linux users to play online.
Originally posted by Frey:
im a linux user and i am thinking of refunding since a 1/3 of the content i paid for is unusable to me
I just did exactly this. I'll buy it on sale if I'm going to be locked out of content, certainly not paying a premium for this.
Same. If multiplayer doesn't work it's a hard refund. I'm not paying a premium amount for half a game.

I'd like to hope it's just launch issues and it'll get fixed but let's be real, it probably won't be.
Honestly given they use EAC, I'm holding out hope that PA just enables Proton support at some point in the near future. Until then if I want my ACO fix, I'll boot into my Windows install, as much as I hate the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ thing.
+1. I seriously hope it's just due to PA being ignorant of the extra step.
Getting it on Windows not Linux Exclusive
I would honestly refund the game if I wasn't past the 2 hours, honestly yeah it's amazing. But I paid $135 for pre access and I feel like I am locked out of half the game I paid for. The online is one of the main reasons to continue playing that $135 investment. It's shameful really. Shouldn't be locked exclusively to windows for PC users (or handheld in my case, I got this running on a ROG ally z1 extreme)
So damn asinine... cant believe this.
I haven't even played the multiplayer yet. If I can't, that's pretty lame. Thanks Namco...
Originally posted by roflBeck:
I haven't even played the multiplayer yet. If I can't, that's pretty lame. Thanks Namco...
Most you can do is get in the lobby and redeem your premium ace pass voucher for the morgan, if you really want that.
Really funny that you still have full access to purchasing premium content with real cash money even when blocked from actually playing online. Wonder if that's illegal in some EU country, actually...
Originally posted by (゚Д゚):
Originally posted by roflBeck:
I haven't even played the multiplayer yet. If I can't, that's pretty lame. Thanks Namco...
Most you can do is get in the lobby and redeem your premium ace pass voucher for the morgan, if you really want that.
Really funny that you still have full access to purchasing premium content with real cash money even when blocked from actually playing online. Wonder if that's illegal in some EU country, actually...

it isn't.

Though honestly, people are complaining too much. Its a known fact that anti-cheat bars Linux users because of the nature of the Linux kernel. They can only blame themselves for trying to play using an unsupported OS.
Originally posted by Mechanoid Necrosis:
Originally posted by (゚Д゚):
Most you can do is get in the lobby and redeem your premium ace pass voucher for the morgan, if you really want that.
Really funny that you still have full access to purchasing premium content with real cash money even when blocked from actually playing online. Wonder if that's illegal in some EU country, actually...

it isn't.

Though honestly, people are complaining too much. Its a known fact that anti-cheat bars Linux users because of the nature of the Linux kernel. They can only blame themselves for trying to play using an unsupported OS.
Maybe they should fix it. I find it interesting that other EAC games and even other Bamco games work fine with it, like MCC and AC6...
Originally posted by Mechanoid Necrosis:
Originally posted by (゚Д゚):
Most you can do is get in the lobby and redeem your premium ace pass voucher for the morgan, if you really want that.
Really funny that you still have full access to purchasing premium content with real cash money even when blocked from actually playing online. Wonder if that's illegal in some EU country, actually...

it isn't.

Though honestly, people are complaining too much. Its a known fact that anti-cheat bars Linux users because of the nature of the Linux kernel. They can only blame themselves for trying to play using an unsupported OS.
EAC runs on Linux in user-space if enabled. Yes, that's less secure than kernel level. But it's not like the kernel level EAC is doing anything with all the reports of cheaters in ACO going around already.
If Arc Raiders can do EAC online for Linux, so can ace combat 8. This is kind of ridiculous.

Other Bamco games do eac on Linux too.

Just tick the box, PA. Blocking out a sizable and growing portion of PC players is a foolish move. Especially with hackers in online already; there is no excuse of "all the hackers are on Linux" to fall back on.

Y'all don't have to do any real work here to make online work on Linux. Single player does. Multiplayer lobby does. The store even works for goddess' sake. You're telling me you'll take my money for things i can't even use?

Proton means you guys don't even have to do anything except allow the Linux kernel to pass EAC verification on mp sortie. So just enable it already.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50