ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Ace Combat 8 only shows 1920x1080 – 2560x1440 not available with DSR/DLDSR
Hi everyone,
I’m having a resolution issue with Ace Combat 8 on PC and I’d like to know if anyone has found a solution.
My setup:
- RTX 3060
- 1080p monitor
- NVIDIA DSR/DLDSR enabled
- 2560x1440 works normally in Windows through DLDSR
The problem is that Ace Combat 8 only shows resolutions up to 1920x1080 in the game settings. 2560x1440 never appears.
I have already tried:
- Enabling NVIDIA DSR/DLDSR
- Setting Windows to 2560x1440 before launching the game
- Editing GameUserSettings.ini manually to 2560x1440
- Changing DesiredScreenWidth and DesiredScreenHeight
- Setting sg.ResolutionQuality=100
- Making the config file read-only
- Using Steam launch options such as -ResX=2560 -ResY=1440 -fullscreen
- Trying -w 2560 -h 1440
- Deleting the config file and letting the game recreate it
- Trying to create a custom 2560x1440 resolution in NVIDIA Control Panel
Unfortunately, the game still only shows 1920x1080 as the maximum resolution.
Has anyone else had this problem with a 1080p monitor and NVIDIA DSR/DLDSR? Is there any known fix, mod, launch command, or configuration change that can make Ace Combat 8 recognize 2560x1440?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Maybe try right click AceCombat8.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Change High DPI settings > tick "override high DPI" and press OK to all, UE5 had a known issue with DPI settings that only got fixed recently, which would hide a bunch of resolutions, maybe AC8 missed it.

Besides that, you could setup UE4SS on game and disable EAC (see my framegen steam guide for how), then once ingame you can open dev-console with tilde key and enter r.SetRes 2560x1440wf for windowed fullscreen, might let it work
Thanks, I'll try that.
unfortunately, nothing has changed
it still goes up to a maximum of 1920x1080
Sometimes certain resolutions aren't available if you're using borderless full screen. You have to change to full screen and then go back to change resolutions. Then after you have the resolution you want set in full screen, you can change it back to Borderless window full screen. Arbitrary, I know, but a lot of games do that these days.
I've done that too and it didn't work
this is only happening with Ace Combat 8 and Zero
Ace 8 also doesn't show up on my Nvidia to change the resolutions
All I can say is this game is incredibly jank. I had to unplug my secondary monitors because it would randomly switch to them during gameplay at the start of missions.
You could try to create an Engine.ini file and put this in it.

[SystemSettings]
r.ScreenPercentage=133.33

That should render the game at 1440p and down sample to 1080p. Then use DLAA to mimic DLDSR.
mine works for 2560x1440 since startup. Are you happening to use a multi monitor setup?
Can you switch to window mode and then click the maximize button?
I have same problem, tried many things, but nothing helps. Other games works fine with DSR 2k resolution on 1080p monitor. AC8 shows only 1920x1080 or below in settings
I'm using just one monitor
Originally posted by Todd Howard:
I have same problem, tried many things, but nothing helps. Other games works fine with DSR 2k resolution on 1080p monitor. AC8 shows only 1920x1080 or below in settings
I've also already done everything I could, I don't know what else to do
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50