ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
How the hell do I kill Pixy!?!?
First playthrough of Zero, and I'm stuck on the last mission. So, I just have to ask... HOW DO I KILL PIXY!
I get it, the dogfight is set up like a joust. Pixy's plane can only be damaged from the front and the first stage of the fight more-or-less conditions you for it. But, here's the thing, when you charge at Pixy head-on in the 3rd stage... he starts firing missiles at you! And the only way to hit him is to approach from the front! WTF?! Am I doing something wrong or is this just the skill-based version of RNG?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
git gud
The moment your IFF targeting indicator turns red fire two missiles and pitch down.
nose down at the head on and fire 2 missiles
usually does alot of damage or kills them
Ace Combat 0 doesn't give rewards for meek.

Tilt into the joust.
Originally posted by Ezekiel Stigma:
First playthrough of Zero, and I'm stuck on the last mission. So, I just have to ask... HOW DO I KILL PIXY!
I get it, the dogfight is set up like a joust. Pixy's plane can only be damaged from the front and the first stage of the fight more-or-less conditions you for it. But, here's the thing, when you charge at Pixy head-on in the 3rd stage... he starts firing missiles at you! And the only way to hit him is to approach from the front! WTF?! Am I doing something wrong or is this just the skill-based version of RNG?
You have to shoot same time as shoots too it's a joust and try avoid incoming missiles there is no other way, you have to show Pixy you're better! :prnss:
Thank you everyone...
...except for eEXM-21 (for the record, I didn't ban you).
Originally posted by Ezekiel Stigma:
Thank you everyone...
...except for eEXM-21 (for the record, I didn't ban you).

He got himself banned for being a... *ahem* Anyway, good luck.
You need to kill him from the front. Speed and make him follow you, then do a 180 and joust back and forth until hes dead. Rinse and repeat
a yes pixie , 2 wek points in the fuselage ... You have to make it face you head-on so you can shoot those two weak spots on its plane, strategy-wise. Its laser is annoying, but if you turn around and fly straight and then rush back at full speed, it will be right in front of you. That's your chance to hit it there... after that, you have the gauntlet mission.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50