ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
ACE COMBAT ONLINE: Network Timeout Causes Persistent WP-202002004 Account Restriction
Platform: PC (Steam)
Error code: WP-202002004

Issue description

When a network timeout occurs during an online match, I am forcibly disconnected from ACE COMBAT ONLINE. After the disconnection, I can no longer access the online mode and receive the message that my account is restricted from using online services.

Restarting my computer sometimes restores access, but not consistently. I have also experienced a case where I completed an online match and received the normal match rewards, but encountered the account restriction after exiting and launching the game again.

I use only my own Steam account. I have not used cheating tools.

I previously experienced an Easy Anti-Cheat startup issue and restored a previously retained copy of the game’s EasyAntiCheat folder to get the game to launch. I am disclosing this because it may be relevant to troubleshooting, not because I know it caused the online issue.

Requested assistance

1. Please clarify whether error WP-202002004 indicates an actual account restriction or a server-side authentication/validation failure.
2. Please investigate why a network timeout can prevent subsequent access to the online mode.
3. Please advise whether any account restriction can be reviewed or cleared if it was triggered by an unintended disconnection.

This issue significantly affects the online experience, and I would appreciate clear troubleshooting instructions or an official status update.