ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Adding Ace Combat Zero to Your Library Manually
Hello fellow buddies. I'll simply relay information that was provided by
SkyBroad_VReady. Don't forget to thank him as well!
https://steamcommunity.com/id/SkyBroad_VReady/recommended/2288340/

Step 1: Navigate to your Ace Combat 8 installation folder.
For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ACE COMBAT 8\ACZero
Step 2: Create a *.txt (Notepad) file "steam_appid.txt"
Step 3: Open the newly created steam_appid.txt and paste: "2288340"
Note: If steam_appid.txt is missing, you may be redirected to the main ACE COMBAT 8 game.
Step 4: On Steam's main screen under Games tab at the top, select "Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library"
Step 5: Browse to acz.exe from ACZero folder.

In his tutorial he simply mentioned "You can customize your background to your liking" but I'd like to share my findings with you all so that you can also easily customize how it appears in your library.

Visit: https://www.steamgriddb.com/game/12889 and download the images you liked posted by the users. Kudos to them for uploading these amazing images!
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
That's just the AC8 APP ID., Not a AC0 APP ID.
I doubt this will let you play AC0 without AC8 installed.

Anyway, you can copy the steam_appid.txt in AC8 root directory to ACZero folder.
No need to create it manually.
Originally posted by NairBoT:
That's just the AC8 APP ID., Not a AC0 APP ID.
I doubt this will let you play AC0 without AC8 installed.

Anyway, you can copy the steam_appid.txt in AC8 root directory to ACZero folder.
No need to create it manually.

I mean it's self explanatory, at current state Zero appears as a DLC hence sharing the appID with 8. Anyway, I just deleted Ace Combat 8 and kept Zero as is. It's working without any problems.
Confirm that this works, make sure the steam_appid.txt is in UTF-8 or ANSI encoding or else steam won't recognize it and try to launch AC8 instead.
Didn't they say they are working out a way for them to do it, so we don't have to? I'm far too lazy to go through and do it myself lol
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50