ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Please Make the Campaign Playable Co-op up to 4 Players like in the old Ones
Please Make the Campaign Playable Co-op up to 4 Players like in the old Ones

I really Enjoyed the Ace Combat X2 Joint Assault multiplayer, back then it was possible to play up to 4 players together the full story, sometimes there were special missions where 2 players fly together on another mission like the other 2 in simultanous scenarios, it was very nice to have this
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
https://steamcommunity.com/app/2288340/discussions/0/585058941145256148/?tscn=1790016144
We already have a thread where much discussion has been had about co-op and its history in Ace Combat, of which it's not exactly a great outlook for the most part from what I could gather... ACE6 had it for a few select missions, some of which were DLC, and ACAH featured it as well... but it's ACAH. I also had the impression that ACEX2 wasn't all that well received in terms of its raw gameplay.

Though on the note of your personal experience, you got to play Joint Assault as it was intended to be played? You must be pretty lucky. I doubt many Ace Combat players today could claim to have done the whole co-op campaign - myself included, because I never owned a PSP, let alone be an Ace Combat fan at the time.

With all that being said, I will reiterate my statement from that thread here as well: I firmly believe that if you decide to make the campaign co-op, the developers would be forced to compromise somewhere else to get it done. Whether it is it development on other parts of the game, changing the narrative to suit the format, or not being able to do the full campaign at all, I believe the resources dedicated towards a co-op campaign component would cause something else to be of lesser quality if they were to do it - at least, unless they were given ample time to do it. But the problem with that is convincing the publisher to give them adequate resources to do so.

Time, money and manpower are all resources, and they are all necessary to pull off something like this for the scale that ACE8 is presenting itself with, and if any one of those things were to be inadequate for any section of the final product, it would most likely be evident as soon as we saw it. Really, that statement applies to this game in general, which is why I generally did not want to see co-op return, stating so in the above linked thread multiple times; I'm afraid of the final game being compromised for a theoretical mode that is frankly more niche than the ones they have revealed thus far. Clearly, they did not set out to do this at launch; while that could change, I feel like it's unlikely and their co-op efforts will be dedicated mostly to Ace Combat Online instead.
The game already has stability and frame rate issues for online mode. The quality that Bandai is going for probably couldn't be achieved if co-op was added on to campaign.
Originally posted by Aurum Moon:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/2288340/discussions/0/585058941145256148/?tscn=1790016144
We already have a thread where much discussion has been had about co-op and its history in Ace Combat, of which it's not exactly a great outlook for the most part from what I could gather... ACE6 had it for a few select missions, some of which were DLC, and ACAH featured it as well... but it's ACAH. I also had the impression that ACEX2 wasn't all that well received in terms of its raw gameplay.

Though on the note of your personal experience, you got to play Joint Assault as it was intended to be played? You must be pretty lucky. I doubt many Ace Combat players today could claim to have done the whole co-op campaign - myself included, because I never owned a PSP, let alone be an Ace Combat fan at the time.

With all that being said, I will reiterate my statement from that thread here as well: I firmly believe that if you decide to make the campaign co-op, the developers would be forced to compromise somewhere else to get it done. Whether it is it development on other parts of the game, changing the narrative to suit the format, or not being able to do the full campaign at all, I believe the resources dedicated towards a co-op campaign component would cause something else to be of lesser quality if they were to do it - at least, unless they were given ample time to do it. But the problem with that is convincing the publisher to give them adequate resources to do so.

Time, money and manpower are all resources, and they are all necessary to pull off something like this for the scale that ACE8 is presenting itself with, and if any one of those things were to be inadequate for any section of the final product, it would most likely be evident as soon as we saw it. Really, that statement applies to this game in general, which is why I generally did not want to see co-op return, stating so in the above linked thread multiple times; I'm afraid of the final game being compromised for a theoretical mode that is frankly more niche than the ones they have revealed thus far. Clearly, they did not set out to do this at launch; while that could change, I feel like it's unlikely and their co-op efforts will be dedicated mostly to Ace Combat Online instead.

The game was available also on PSvita back then it had still multiplayer and i had a lot of fun but i guess now they shut down the servers so even on emulators not possible anymore

what i really liked was the campaign had also like up to 30 missions, and about 6 of them were split scenarios where 2 fly together on a different map than the other 2 and do tasks in paralell order to suceed
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50