METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE

View Stats:
Credit too long
don't you hate it when you are just trying to kill Armstrong as fast as possible and when you do you gotta sit during the boring 10 minute credit scene is there a skip button am missing?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
You can't skip it. And even if you do, your progress is not saved.
Every Metal Gear game is like this. I suppose it's a sort of respectful gesture, so now that I've seen them a lot, I just alt-tab and let the music play as I do something else, no big deal.
haters gonna hate
Long credits good.
It's slightly over 8 minutes, unskippable. I personally never had issues with it, guess I just take it as a time to sit back after the run is over. You can go and do something else while the credits play - provided you don't minimize the game, as that'll pause it.
nah I do appriciate the people who worked on this but like if I do tab out only the music goes foward like why not even add a fast fowarding like a slight 2x or 1.5x speed
This is just the difference in cultures. It's ingrained in their culture to sit through this stuff. For example when a movie ends, we just up and leave immediately. But they will sit and wait through the whole wall of text even if it takes 30 minutes out of respect for each person involved in the project. Kojima games seem to always make everyone wait, at least from the ones I played.
long credit good i get to enjoy music while chilling and feeling happy for finishing a game
Originally posted by Cerber:
This is just the difference in cultures. It's ingrained in their culture to sit through this stuff. For example when a movie ends, we just up and leave immediately. But they will sit and wait through the whole wall of text even if it takes 30 minutes out of respect for each person involved in the project. Kojima games seem to always make everyone wait, at least from the ones I played.
Well, there's also practices of the more popular movies - such as MCU ones which are known for having post-credits scenes. Even the "must run away from credits" type people respect the credits in that case.
Originally posted by Sonicle:
Originally posted by Cerber:
This is just the difference in cultures. It's ingrained in their culture to sit through this stuff. For example when a movie ends, we just up and leave immediately. But they will sit and wait through the whole wall of text even if it takes 30 minutes out of respect for each person involved in the project. Kojima games seem to always make everyone wait, at least from the ones I played.
No they don't.
Which part? This comment is accurate. In Japan the lights don't come on till the credits are over, and this translates to people watching the credits much more often than you may be used to. If you ask a Japanese person why, they'll often tell you it's 'out of respect for the people that worked on the film/game'. And every mainline Metal Gear game doesn't allow you to skip the credits.
Someone figured out how to remove the intro splash screens with a hex edit of the revengeance executable. I'm sure removing the credits is also possible if the guy that figured that out cared to do it.
Originally posted by Sonicle:
First hand experience, this may be one of those things that has grown out of fashion like how office workers used to continuously bow and follow their bosses to the exit when the boss was leaving.
Yeah, that's a terrible custom in my opinion, and I'm glad it's not as common now. But as of a few years ago it was still like that regarding watching the credits, as far as any Japanese person ever told me. I suppose I wouldn't profess to have information so current that I know exactly how it is right now, but it seems weird that if it were to change it wouldn't be a more gradual change.
I can't really think of any other games that have 8 unskippable minutes of credits. If they exist it's probably some 500 hour JRPG that no one would ever beat twice without waiting a year or two. MGRR does it despite being a very short game with ranks and titles and unlockable difficulties that is intended to be replayed.
Been like that in every metal gear
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 1530 50