skate.
Late Flips (might be) bugged
In the 0.32.2 Patch Notes post I inquired about late flips and the CM @SidZapen kindly asked me to post the same feedback and questions here, so I will just copy and paste it (with some things added).


"Hello.
https://files.catbox.moe/dp5z94.webm - In this example, there's a late shuv-it off a kicker, it's impossible to do them again on flat like before. Note that there is a little animation glitch, as if I was doing a tweak, but I assure you I did the shuv input only once after doing an ollie.

Flip speed in general (you know, based on sensitivity, input, etc) has been really inconsistent for a while now, but it got really weird after the big S5 patch, late flips being bugged. By bugged I mean that the animation is almost always the slow, fat one, no matter how hard or fast you input it. Late kickflips or heelflips are the most consistent ones (but still inconsistent) based on a couple hours of testing, shuvs are the worst offenders by far. During season 2 through season 4, you could do them normally after an ollie on flat, over obstacles or after rails. You could even do the classic flip > late flip combo (like kf to late shuv), now you really cannot, at least not consistently.

I don't use any assists.

I tested this on three different systems (PC intel +4060, PC intel + 5070ti and PS5) and with different controllers, all callibrated (dualsense, modded dualsense with hall effect, gamesir t4 with hall effect, TMR 8bit-do ultimate) literally just to make SURE it's a bug and not me.

I kinda do not want to spam the main forums especially with the mess there, but I can post this exact same thing there if really, really needed."

Adding to this post:
Turning assists on changes nothing. Adding the Minimum Pop Height (50 or 100) assist also does not change the sensitivity or speed issues, but late kickflip and late heelflip (and nollie/fake variations) are doable since the game puts you on a minimum threshold that is really high, but shuvs and impossibles are never doable on flat, barely on kickers. The 'tweak bug' demonstrated in the video is also not consistent, sometimes it happens two-three times with a single input.
I also did the basic stuff, like cleaning cache, checking files and etc etc etc, and that does not change what happens. Also valid to inform that the three systems tested were on different accounts, so I think it's not an account-bound issue. On top of that, I also asked for other people to do it and no, it's not my input or 'skill issue', they were also having the same problems.

Hopefully someone will come by here and either affirm they are having the same problem or dorkpost about the game.

Thank you.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
I can do a late pop shuv it on flat land, moving and not moving. Same if I do it nollie. They land consistently for me as I can keep repeating it without failing.

My board sometimes does the tweak from your video but not always. I still flat land the late pop shuv even if it tweaks.

https://imgur.com/a/X4Bvc1F

I cannot land a late impossible on flat land regardless if I'm moving or not, the trick takes too long.

I cannot land a flip trick to late pop shuv it on flat land.

I also notice that it won't even let me attempt to do a late 360 pop shuv it on flat land. It always attempts an impossible even though I'm doing the 360 pop shuv it input.

I'm just giving you my results, not saying there isn't some sort of bug going on.
Originally posted by JMTAotP:
I can do a late pop shuv it on flat land, moving and not moving. Same if I do it nollie. They land consistently for me as I can keep repeating it without failing.

- snip so the post isn't long -

Interesting! Same settings, I assume? (no assists, etc) Did you notice inconsistency in trick speed when trying to do it on flat?
Personally, I don't notice a difference in trick speed. I do use assists like min pop height and flick it sensitivity.

Just because I don't notice a difference in trick speed don't mean there isn't though. As you said, you used to land kickflip to late pop shuv it. When I do it, the landing is right there. It's so close but it just won't stick. That suggests at least a tiny difference in speed or possibly height.
Originally posted by JMTAotP:
Personally, I don't notice a difference in trick speed. I do use assists like min pop height and flick it sensitivity.

Just because I don't notice a difference in trick speed don't mean there isn't though. As you said, you used to land kickflip to late pop shuv it. When I do it, the landing is right there. It's so close but it just won't stick. That suggests at least a tiny difference in speed or possibly height.

My guess would be the Minimum Pop Height assist then, I mention in the post that late flips (kick and heel) are kinda doable with that turned on. It does not explain the speed (the slow-motion) on late tricks, though. No idea if it's a setting or a bug, only a CM replying to feedback could explain it.
Hey everyone. Appreciate this information. Sent to the team.
Originally posted by SidZapen:
Hey everyone. Appreciate this information. Sent to the team.
Thank you. Please let us know if it's not a bug and something with our configs or game if you can. :(
Originally posted by rilo:
Originally posted by SidZapen:
Hey everyone. Appreciate this information. Sent to the team.
Thank you. Please let us know if it's not a bug and something with our configs or game if you can. :(
Will keep y'all posted once we receive updates regarding this. We appreciate everyone's continued patience and support!
Reporting in to inform/confirm that it's been fixed as of today's patch, at least for now.
Originally posted by rilo:
Reporting in to inform/confirm that it's been fixed as of today's patch, at least for now.

Thanks Rilo. That's good to know.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50