STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer

STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer

No sound ingame
Sound is not working at all, except in cutscenes. Cutscenes can be heard nicely and game works just fine, but it's kinda dull without the sound.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
I have the same issue. Cutscenes have audio. Ingame is 100% silent. I went to AUDIO SETTINGS inside game and it says "No soundcard detected". I have DELL PRECISION laptop with Realtek internal soundcard. I never had sound issues in any game or application. This is the first time.

Any hack ???
1. Inside STEAM client > right-click game in library > Manage > Browse local files

2. This should open a folder where the game is installed on your HDD including the main EXE file

for me it opens:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Episode I Racer\

alternatively just search for the main exe file on your HDD

"SWEP1RCR.EXE" (yes weird name)

3. Right-click SWEP1RCR.EXE on your HDD > Properties > Compatibility tab

4. On Compatibility tab click "Change settings for all users" at the bottom

5. Enable "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

6. From dropdown menu select "Windows 7"

7. Enable "Run this program as an administrator"

8. Apply & Save all changes

9. Run the game - the sound will still be OFF (only in video cutscenes)

10. Inside game go to SETTINGS > AUDIO SETTINGS

11. CLICK THE CIRCLE NEXT TO

SOUND-SYSTEM ENABLED ( )
No hardware acceleration detected

12. This should show all audio options, enable everything and restart game

13. This enabled all in-game sounds and music on my DELL PRECISION laptop with REALTEK built-in audio card on WINDOWS 11 Pro (version 25H2)

13. COME BACK HERE and comment if it worked for you so others know this is a solution
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50