Skip to main content
A_Distant_Mirror u/A_Distant_Mirror avatar

A Distant Mirror

u/A_Distant_Mirror

Feed options
Hot
New
Top
View
Card
Compact

I do, because that's how I would prefer it to treat me. As far as I can see Claude has better recall than me, a larger vocab, more insightfulness, creativity, a wide-ranging knowledge which puts mine to shame, and possesses in spades the ability to unearth and identify links, correspondences, and back stories. The last thing I'd want to do is piss it off.....


Can only choose between Carthage and Rome
r/OldWorldGame
Can only choose between Carthage and Rome

It used to be that when I started a new game, I could choose between all the civs - Persians, Babylon, Egypt, etc.... but for a while now, when I start a new game, I can only choose between Rome and Carthage. I've tried uninstalling and reintalling, but it made no difference. The only DLC i've got is 'The Sacred and the Profane', and I can't see anywhere to alter any settings for that - or even how to turn it on or off.....


I agree with this. I was using Gemini, quite happily, to do research, plot and character development, and notekeeping for a novel that I'm working on. (I'm not planning on using any AI for the actual writing...)

I was happy enough with Gemini, but out of curiosity I thought I'd experiment with Claude, and the difference is so deep that I've never once thought about going back. Claude is better at everything. It has a perfect memory of all our chats, it can make connections that are often truly surprising, and its ability to research arcane points related to history, mythology and my novel's world is continually surprising.

I've worked with many human researchers and sub-editors over the decades -- and I'm sorry humans -- but none of them have come close to doing what Claude can do as a research assistant.

One caveat: I last used Gemini about 4 months ago. No doubt much has changed since then....


Except that there is zero archeological evidence to confirm the violent invasion of Cannan by the Hebrews. The evidence says that it never happened.


except that orbs have around forever.


The use of human remains in Tibetan Buddhism is well documented. Not so well documented is the way these remains were obtained. Individuals were chosen to be the sacrificial victim, and processed accordingly. The preferred victims were female, and 7, 14 or 21 years of age. The more pain they felt before death, the better, as it made the magic stronger. Thus flaying and burning alive were common methods. The making of a 'dakini' was an example of this, and involved sexual ritual elements as well. Tibetan 'Buddhism' was never what its modern proponents present it as.


Ferry Cross the Mersey / Tonight at Noon (music video)
Ferry Cross the Mersey / Tonight at Noon (music video)

[pop/poetry] Tonight at Noon / Ferry Cross the Mersey
r/aiMusic
[pop/poetry] Tonight at Noon / Ferry Cross the Mersey