Skip to main content
BB-AMA-Mod u/BB-AMA-Mod avatar

Beach Boys AMA Moderator

u/BB-AMA-Mod

Feed options
Hot
New
Top
View
Card
Compact

That’s how thump was born? All this time we thought he was a brother. He’s Brian’s child. He just looks like an old POS.

He’s probably on the Sunflower cover stuck to someone’s shoe.


The standard American diet, I can’t speak to.

When I see in the fat Walmart middle America stereotypes in the media it always surprises me.

I can only speak to the people I see in Southern California. Not that I consider us to be wildly healthy here…It’s performative for a lot of people…

But if so called “middle America” is really a bunch of obese people on scooters like folks tend to want to believe, then yes, of course. The worst vegan diet is far better than burgers n Cheetos n soda every day.


Watch your tone please if you’d like me to answer. Or was it more important to you to be angry than have a conversation?

What I meant is, if you do not replace the proteins and other nutrients correctly and consistently that you get from meat (which many of the people I knew did incorrectly) and make it a constant focus, you become the stereotypical gaunt vegan and it shows. Especially in the gym if you are working towards significant muscle/power gains.

There are ways to do it right, but because you will find yourself eating what ever vegan option is available frequently in unexpected situations… Unless you hyper fixate on supplementation and meal prep with the correct supplements and foods on standby you’re not going to find yourself at the same strength level as those around you with diets that include some healthy meats, poultry and fish.


Yeah. Veganism is cool in theory, if you’re doing it for moral reasons.

And cutting down on some meat is healthier. But a full vegan diet, unless you hyper fixate on replacing that protein constantly is not going to make you healthier.

(I’m was vegan for 10 years, now I eat slightly more balanced. (Not to any graphic extremes, but occasionally.) - Nature wants what it wants.)


It solved about 10 of mine, but also because I used it to replace highly unhealthy habits. If you’re already healthy as hell, who knows.


When it’s your only exercise because you work double shifts at a desk it can be your only exercise. Increasingly, that’s a lot of people.


CLICK HERE or the PIC ABOVE!

I will say the question quality is highly improved though! 👍


Why not ask David his thoughts on this today? 2pm pac/5pm eastern! 😃

AMA DAVID LEAF