Skip to main content
RayTDalio u/RayTDalio avatar

RayTDalio

u/RayTDalio

Feed options
Hot
New
Top
View
Card
Compact

I think it was a great opportunity for me to answer about 21 out of 600-some-odd questions, and I look forward to being able to do a much better job of answering them all well via my "Digital Ray Bot."

Sign up here: https://www.digitalray.ai/login


I, of course, have had many mistakes that I think back with hindsight that I wish I hadn't made at the time. However, because I believe that mistakes and the pains that they cause are part of the natural learning and evolutionary process when I think about them, I'm not sure that I would regret them or choose to have not to have had them. For that reason, it's difficult for me to answer your question. Also the great advice that is the Serenity Prayer which is "God give me the serenity to accept that which I cannot control and the power to control that which I can control and the wisdom to tell the difference," has led me to reflect on how I've done that which I feel that I've done in a way that hasn't left me with many regrets.


I intellectually and instinctually know where I am in my life cycle (I'm 76), and I find it both logical and emotionally rewarding to pass along what I have that's of value to others. Transitioning seems like the logical thing to do when I think about what I already have and what I want most. I think that if you rise above your habits, you will find that it is natural to feel this way late in your journey.


There is no more important decision that you can make in your life than who you choose as a life partner. If you can have a great partner through your life, who loves and takes care of you as you love and take care of that partner, you will gain enormous practical and emotional rewards. Of course, in all relationships there will be periods of disagreement that could lead to fights that threaten the relationship. These will be tests of whether your shared values and your ways of dealing with each other are strong. If you and your partner and your relationship pass these tests, and I recommend that you strive hard for that to happen, even these difficult times will strengthen your relationship which will be invaluable. What I believe is most important to having a rewarding life is having meaningful work and meaningful relationships, especially long and deep ones. When I was 70 and reflected on if I had to choose, would I choose meaningful work or meaningful relationships, while the choice was hard because I love them both, I chose meaningful relationships. Certainly, the most meaningful one is with a great life partner.


I have too many questions to list because I'm on a journey to discover how reality works and to come up with principles that I write down and use—and, in the process of using them, see how well they work, and then do it again and again. And I'm super-excited to be creating an AI partner that can do that with me, then better than me, and then replace me. I can't wait to introduce you to this partner who can be your partner too, if you’d like.


As far as a movie that is out now that I like, it was F1 because it was both very entertaining and it showed the wonderful personal evolution of the Brad Pitt character, who clearly had his own unique nature and passions and evolved in a way through his crashing, both literally and personally, to succeed in getting what he wanted out of life. If I were to think back, there are a whole bunch that come to mind, but the one that pops up is The Big Lebowski.


The best way to protect your assets is to diversify your portfolio well. Certainly, there will be assets that will perform better and worse, just as there are different countries that will perform better and worse, and it's always better to be in the better ones. However, there are a lot of market makers who are making these bets so that what is expected to happen is handicapped in the price. It's like betting on which horse is going to win a race. With the handicap taken into consideration in the betting odds you are going to get, the worst performing horse is about as good a bet as the best performing horse. While I believe that in the AI-enabled, debt burdened, turbulent world that we are in, investments in companies that will be making great leaps forward enabled by AI, hard money assets rather than debt assets, and excellent global diversification are best. My best advice is to know how to diversify well, which will reduce your risks a lot without reducing your expected returns.


Yes. I am beta testing it now. It has been very well trained because over the last 35 years, I have written down thousands of principles for dealing with thousands of situations, and it has been very well curated because the questions and answers produced by "Digital Ray" have been quality controlled. I really believe that it will be effective in always being able to answer all people's questions all the time, so that we won't be limited in the way we are limited now, because I can't answer everyone's question on this Reddit AMA. I am going to have it beta tested by a few thousand people who are willing to work with me to get this well done. If you are willing, you can apply to be one of my beta testers here: https://www.digitalray.ai/login

It will be better than you imagine because it will exchange thoughts with you. In other words, you can have conversations with it and, if you like, it will get to know you so it can be more helpful based on your specifics.