On Dec 2 2010, at 14:41 , Kelly O'Hair wrote:
> I think the rules are broken.
>> The ifdef and ifndef and ifeq and ifneq statements are Make-isms and should not use TAB characters.
> But the shell logic of the rule needs to have the line start with a TAB, so the "@if [..." line needs to start
> with a TAB.
>> It is hard to see in a webrev, but I think you are missing the TAB before the "@if [...".
You are correct and now corrected. This slipped in when I added the @ back in after testing.
Not a fan of grammars relying on specific invisible whitespace,
mike
> -kto
>> On Dec 2, 2010, at 12:11 PM, Mike Duigou wrote:
>>> The previous patch (CR 6998016) which attempted to fix the incorrect ifdef nesting in the Sanity.gmk sane-gcc-compiler rule ran into a problem on 32 bit versions of solaris due to a previously unreported error in the use of REQUIRED_GCC_VERSION (which should have been REQUIRED_GCC_VER). The fixes for 6998012 and 6998016 were backed out temporarily to allow Oracle's internal integration process to continue.
>>>> I have now produced an updated webrev which includes the original fixes from 6998012 and 6998016 as well as a fix for the blocker problem on 32-bit solaris.
>>>> Please review http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mduigou/7004205.0/webrev/>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Mike
>>>>>