On 9 March 2017 at 07:58, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> On 5 March 2017 at 17:50, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> Late last year I started working on a change to the CPython CLI (*not*
>>> the shared library) to get it to coerce the legacy C locale to something
>>> based on UTF-8 when a suitable locale is available.
>>>>>> After a couple of rounds of iteration on linux-sig and python-ideas, I'm
>>> now bringing it to python-dev as a concrete proposal for Python 3.7.
>>>>>>> In terms of resolving this PEP, if Guido doesn't feel inclined to wade
>> into the intricacies of legacy C locale handling, Barry has indicated he'd
>> be happy to act as BDFL-Delegate :)
>>>> Hi Nick and Barry, I'd very much appreciate if you two could resolve this
> without involving me.
>
OK, I've added Barry to the PEP as BDFL-Delegate:
https://github.com/python/peps/commit/4c46c5710031cac03a8d1ab7639272957998a1cc
Thanks for the quick response!
Cheers,
Nick.
--
Nick Coghlan | ncoghlan at gmail.com | Brisbane, Australia
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/attachments/20170310/db2c1f2f/attachment.html>