On 2017-03-20 20:23, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>> Hello Oleg,
>> On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:28:29 +0100
> Oleg Nesterov <oleg at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I started to learn python a few days ago and I am trying to understand what
>> __del__() actually does. https://docs.python.org/3/reference/datamodel.html>> says:
>>>> object.__del__(self)
>> ...
>> Note that it is possible (though not recommended!) for the __del__()
>> method to postpone destruction of the instance by creating a new
>> reference to it. It may then be called at a later time when this new
>> reference is deleted.
>> This sentence is not technically wrong, but it can easily be
> misleading. It says "it *may* then be called at a later time" and
> probably it should say "it may or may not be called at a later time,
> depending on the Python implementation you are using".
>[snip]
I don't think I'd say it's misleading, but only that it might be
misunderstood.