And this issue is relating to it too: http://bugs.python.org/issue29716
In short, "namespace package" is for make it possible to `pip install
foo_bar foo_baz`,
when foo_bar provides `foo.bar` and foo_baz provides `foo.baz`
package. (foo is namespace package).
If unittests searches normal directly, it may walk deep into very
large tree containing
millions of directories. I don't like it.
On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 12:53 AM, INADA Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is already http://bugs.python.org/issue29642>> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:04 PM, Ilya Kazakevich
> <ilya.kazakevich at jetbrains.com> wrote:
>> Hello.
>> I have following layout:
>>>> \---tests
>> | test_module.py
>> | __init__.py
>>>>>> When I launch "python.exe" -m unittest discover -t . -s tests" it works
>> perfectly.
>> But when I remove " __init__.py" it says
>>>> Start directory is not importable: "tests'"
>>>> ``loader.py``:
>> if start_dir != top_level_dir:
>> is_not_importable = not os.path.isfile(os.path.join(start_dir,
>> '__init__.py'))
>>>>>> I believe ``__init__.py`` does not play any role since Python 3.3, am I
>> right?
>> If so, it seems to be a bug. Should I create an issue?
>>>> Ilya.
>>>> _______________________________________________
>> Python-Dev mailing list
>>Python-Dev at python.org>>https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-dev>> Unsubscribe:
>>https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/songofacandy%40gmail.com>>