The Lord Protector in his quest to be tough etc etc etc.. has produced more than 3000 new criminal offences during his reign over us – as The Independent points out – almost one new criminal offence for every day his government has been in power. Quite remarkable.
I feel particularly reassured by this particular crime being stamped down on..
Polish Potatoes (Notification) (England) Order 2004
No person shall, in the course of business, import into England potatoes which he knows to be or has reasonable cause to suspect to be Polish potatoes.
What is it with ‘Polish’ potatoes? I shall have to do some research when I sip a Rioja later in the week.
Charon is now a planet: Official
One may be forgiven for taking the view that Charon may be ‘off the planet’ at times – but it was interesting to see the astronomers have finally decided that Charon is not Pluto’s moon, but a planet in its own right. This knowledge will add to my enjoyment of life in the years remaining to me.





Leave a comment