見出し画像

国歌斉唱抗議後、イラン人サッカー選手5人にオーストラリアビザ発給 BBC 2026/3/10

Five Iranian footballers granted Australian visas after anthem protest

キャンベラ政府は、アジアカップで敗退したイラン女子サッカー代表チームのメンバー5人に、オーストラリアで人道ビザが発給されたと発表した。
Five members of the Iranian women's football team have been granted humanitarian visas in Australia after their elimination in the Asian Cup, the government in Canberra says.

トニー・バーク移民大臣は、女性選手らはオーストラリア警察によって「安全な場所に移送された」と述べた。他の選手にはオーストラリア滞在を歓迎すると伝えられたという。
Immigration Minister Tony Burke said the women "were moved to a safe location" by Australian police. He said other squad members had been told they were welcome to stay in the country.

女性選手らは帰国する予定だったが、先週の韓国戦でイラン代表チームが国歌斉唱を拒否したことを受け、サポーターからは彼女たちの安全を懸念する声が上がっていた。
The women had been due to fly home, but supporters had raised fears for their safety after the team declined to sing the national anthem ahead of their match against South Korea last week.

この行動はイラン国内で批判を招き、ある保守系コメンテーターはイラン代表チームを「戦時中の裏切り者」と非難し、厳罰を要求した。
This prompted criticism in Iran, with one conservative commentator accusing the team of being "wartime traitors" and pushing for harsh punishment.

チームの残りの選手たちはゴールドコースト空港へ移送され、現地時間火曜日の夜にシドニー行きの飛行機に乗る予定でした。
The remainder of the team was taken to Gold Coast Airport and was expected to fly to Sydney on Tuesday evening local time.

チームのバスは、他の選手たちにオーストラリアに留まるよう説得しようとした数十人の活動家によって一時停車させられました。一部の抗議者は地面に伏せてバスの前進を阻止しようとしました。選手たちはバスの中からその様子を見守っていました。
The team's coach was briefly stopped by dozens of activists who tried to persuade the other players to stay in Australia. Some protesters lay on the ground in an attempt to block the coach from moving forward. The players watched from inside the bus.

オーストラリアの人道ビザプログラムは、難民や人道支援を必要とする人々に恒久的な保護を提供します。ビザ保持者はオーストラリアで生活、就労、就学が可能です。
Australia's humanitarian visa programme grants permanent protection to refugees and people in humanitarian need. Visa holders can live, work and study in the country.

バーク氏は火曜日早朝、5人の選手がファテメ・パサンディデ、ザフラ・ガンバリ、ザフラ・サルバリ、アテフェ・ラマザンザデ、モナ・ハムディと確認されたことを喜んでいると述べた。
Speaking early on Tuesday, Burke said the five players were happy for their names to be confirmed as Fatemeh Pasandideh, Zahra Ghanbari, Zahra Sarbali, Atefeh Ramazanzadeh, and Mona Hamoudi.

「彼らは政治活動家ではないことを明確にしたいのです。彼らは安全を願うアスリートなのです」とバーク氏は述べ、数日間にわたって協議が続けられていたと付け加えた。
"They want to be clear they are not political activists. They are athletes who want to be safe," he said, adding that talks had been going on over several days.

バーク氏はさらに詳細を説明し、議会で警察官がチームのホテルに入り、選手たちが助けを求める「機会を最大限に」作ろうと努力したと述べた。
Giving further details, Burke said in parliament that a police officer had been inside the team's hotel and made efforts to create "the maximum amount of opportunities" for players to seek help.

SBSニュースの取材に応じた情報筋によると、選手たちは付き添いなしではホテル内を歩き回ることができず、食事のために会議室に案内されたという。
The players were reportedly not able to walk around the hotel unaccompanied and were escorted to a conference room to eat meals, according to a source who spoke to SBS News.

バーク氏はさらに詳細を説明し、月曜日に選手のうち5人が「オーストラリアに滞在することを望んでいる」ことが明らかになったと述べた。
Giving further details, Burke said that on Monday it became clear that five of the players "wanted to be able to stay in Australia".

選手たちは同日中にホテルを出発し、警察によって安全な場所に移動された。
The group left their hotel the same day and were moved to a safe location by police.

彼らがホテルを出て間もなく、BBCは数人の付き添い人がホテル内を走り回って選手たちを探しているのを目撃したが、彼らはすでに去っていた。
Shortly after they left, the BBC witnessed some of their minders running across the hotel to try to find them – but they had already gone.

バーク氏は、安全な場所で女性たちと面会し、人道ビザ申請に署名したと述べた。この手続きは火曜日の現地時間午前1時30分頃(月曜日のグリニッジ標準時午後1時30分頃)に完了した。
Burke said he met the women at the safe location and then signed off for their applications for humanitarian visas - a process completed at about 01:30 local time on Tuesday (15:30 GMT Monday).

このことが選手の家族にどのような影響を与えるかは不明だ。
It is unclear what repercussions there might be for the players' families as a result.

「チームの他の選手たちにも伝えたい。同じチャンスがある。オーストラリアはイラン女子サッカーチームを心から応援している。彼女たちはオーストラリアで絶大な人気を誇っている。
"I say to the other members of the team, the same opportunity is there. Australia has taken the Iranian women's soccer team into our hearts. These women are tremendously popular in Australia.

しかし、彼女たちが下した決断によって、非常に困難な状況に置かれていることは理解している」とバーク氏は述べた。
"But we realise they are in a terribly difficult situation with the decisions that they're making," Burke said.

イラン人選手たちの状況は、ドナルド・トランプ米大統領の目に留まっており、大統領は自身のプラットフォーム「Truth Social」で行動を求め、オーストラリアは女性たちに「亡命を認める」べきだ、さもなければ「米国が受け入れる」べきだと訴えていた。
The Iranian players' situation had earlier come to the attention of US President Donald Trump, who had taken to his Truth Social platform to demand action, saying Australia should "give asylum" to the women or "the US will take them if you won't."

約1時間後、トランプ氏は再び投稿し、アルバネーゼ氏と話したと述べ、「すでに5人は保護され、残りの選手たちも向かっている」と記した。
Around an hour later, Trump posted again to say he had spoken to Albanese, writing: "five have already been taken care of, and the rest are on their way".

トランプ氏の投稿は、チームメンバーの一部がイランにいる家族の安全を懸念し、「帰国」しなければならないと感じていることを示唆しているようにも見えた。
Trump's post appeared to also suggest some of the team feared for the safety of their families back in Iran and so felt they must "go back".

「いずれにせよ、首相はこのデリケートな状況に非常にうまく対処しています。オーストラリアに神のご加護がありますように!」とトランプ氏は述べた。
"In any event, the Prime Minister is doing a very good job having to do with this rather delicate situation. God bless Australia!" Trump said.

トランプ政権は昨年末、すべての亡命申請の決定を保留し、イランを含む数十カ国の国民に対する移民ビザの発給を停止した。政権は、制度の「濫用を終わらせたい」と述べている。
The Trump administration put all asylum decisions on hold at the end of last year, and has stopped issuing immigrant visas for citizens from dozens of countries including Iran. It has said the administration wants to bring "an end to the abuse" of the system.

昨年、亡命申請が却下された人々を含む2つのイラン人グループが米国からイランに強制送還された。これらのグループには、イランで深刻な法的・社会的影響に直面しているLGBTコミュニティのメンバーが含まれていたと報じられている。
Last year, two groups of Iranians - including people whose asylum applications had been unsuccessful - were deported from the US back to Iran. The groups reportedly included members of the LGBT community, who face severe legal and social repercussions in Iran.

「彼らは自由に発言できない」
'They can't speak freely'

イラン代表は日曜日、ブリスベンでAFCアジアカップに出場し、フィリピン代表と対戦した。
Iran was playing in the AFC Asian Cup tournament in Brisbane on Sunday, where they played against the Philippines.

前回の韓国戦では選手たちが国歌斉唱を拒否したが、今回の試合では選手たちが国歌斉唱中に歌い、敬礼を行った。これは2戦目のオーストラリア戦でも行われていた。
Unlike their earlier match against South Korea, where the players declined to sing the national anthem, Sunday's match saw the players sing and salute during the anthem. They had also done this in their second match against Australia.

彼らの行動から、批評家たちは、彼らが代表団の一員として大会期間中に同行していた政府関係者によって参加を強制されたのではないかと疑った。
Their actions led critics to believe they had been forced to take part by government officials accompanying them during the tournament as part of the delegation.

日曜日、スタンドでチームを応援するために来ていたオーストラリアのイラン人コミュニティの数百人が、彼らが知らない国歌にブーイングと野次を浴びせた。
On Sunday, hundreds of members of Australia's Iranian community - who had come to support the team in the stands - booed and jeered at the anthem, which they do not recognise.

前半の途中では、多くの人がイラン革命以前のイランの公式国旗であった獅子と太陽の旗を掲げた。これは、イランの現在の公式国旗のみ掲揚できるという外の標識を無視して、スタジアム内にこっそりと持ち込まれたものだった。
Midway through the first half, many also unfurled the Lion and Sun flag, which served as the official state flag before the Islamic revolution in Iran. These had been snuck into the stadium in defiance of signs outside which said only Iran's current official flag could be displayed.

ファンは選手たちを熱狂的に応援していたものの、試合中、チームと選手たちの交流はほとんどありませんでした。
While the fans enthusiastically supported the players, there was very little interaction between them and the team during the match.

注目すべき例外は、サイドラインで治療を受けていた選手がスタンドにキスを送り、大きな歓声を浴びたことです。
In one notable exception, a player receiving medical attention on the sidelines blew a kiss to the stands, receiving a huge cheer.

試合終了後、フィリピン代表チームがサポーターに感謝の意を表すために整列したのに対し、イラン代表チームは速やかにピッチを去りました。
And while the Filipina team lined up to thank their fans at the end of the match, the Iranians left the pitch promptly.

「彼らは脅迫されているため、自由に発言することができません」と、チームが出場した3試合全てを観戦したナズ・サファヴィ氏は語りました。「私たちは、彼らを全面的にサポートしていることを示すためにここにいるのです。」
"They can't speak freely because they are threatened," said Naz Safavi, who attended all three matches in which the team played. "We are here to show them that we are fully supporting them."

選手たちの帰国後の扱いに対する懸念が高まる中、希望があればオーストラリアで亡命申請できるよう支援する動きが広がっていた。
With concern rising over the players' treatment once they return home, there had been a push to support the women to seek asylum in Australia, if they wished.

「不安を抱える選手もいれば、そうでない選手もいるでしょう。しかし、彼女たちのほとんどは母国に家族がおり、中には子供がいる選手もいます。たとえオーストラリアに滞在する権利が提示されたとしても、身の危険を感じれば、多くの選手がその機会を受け入れないかもしれません」と、オーストラリア男子サッカー代表の元キャプテンで著名な人権活動家、クレイグ・フォスター氏は述べた。
"Some may have concerns, others may not - but what we know is most of them have families back home, some of them have children back home, and even if offered the right to remain in Australia, if they feel unsafe, many of them may not accept that opportunity," said Craig Foster, a former captain of the Australian men's football team and prominent human rights advocate.

彼は2021年、アフガニスタン女子代表チームがタリバンから逃れる支援において重要な役割を果たした。
He played a key part in helping the Afghanistan women's team flee the Taliban in 2021.

「最も重要なのは、そのオファーが出されたことだ」と彼は述べた。
"What's most important is that that offer is made," he said.

日曜日の試合後の記者会見で、チームのマルジヤ・ジャファリ監督は、「我々は帰国を待ちきれない思いでいる。個人的には、できるだけ早く母国に戻り、同胞や家族と再会したい」と述べた。
In Sunday's post-match news conference, the team's manager Marziyeh Jafari said: "We are impatiently waiting to return. Personally, I would like to return to my country as soon as possible and be with my compatriots and family."

海外記事の和訳まとめ|世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中

いいなと思ったら応援しよう!

世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中 よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m