イラクで誘拐された米国人ジャーナリスト、シェリー・キトルソン氏が解放されたと当局が発表 BBC 2026/4/8
US journalist Shelly Kittleson released after kidnap in Iraq, officials say
マルコ・ルビオ国務長官によると、1週間前にイラクの首都バグダッドで誘拐されたアメリカ人フリーランスジャーナリストが解放された。
A US freelance journalist who was kidnapped in the Iraqi capital Baghdad a week ago has been released, according to Secretary of State Marco Rubio.
イランの支援を受ける民兵組織カタイブ・ヒズボラは火曜日、3月31日に拉致したシェリー・キトルソン氏を、イラクから即時出国することを条件に解放すると発表していた。
Iran-backed militia group Kataib Hezbollah said earlier on Tuesday that it would release Shelly Kittleson, who was taken on 31 March, on the condition that she leave Iraq immediately.
ルビオ長官は、今回の解放は「トランプ政権が、世界中のどこにいてもアメリカ国民の安全と安心を守るという揺るぎない決意を示すものだ」と述べた。
Rubio said the release "reflects the Trump Administration's steadfast commitment to the safety and security of American citizens, no matter where they are in the world".
彼はイラク当局の協力に感謝の意を表し、米国は現在「彼女のイラクからの安全な出国を支援するために尽力している」と述べた。
He thanked Iraqi officials for help securing her release and said the US is now "working to support her safe departure from Iraq".
49歳の女性が誘拐された当時、イラク政府は治安部隊が容疑者を追跡し、その結果、誘拐犯の車が横転し、1人が逮捕されたと発表した。
At the time of the 49-year-old's abduction, the Iraqi government said security forces had chased the suspects in a pursuit that led to one of the kidnappers' cars overturning and the arrest of one person.
先週、イラクのムハンマド・シア・アル・スーダニ首相は、外国人誘拐の責任者を追跡するよう治安部隊に命じた。
Last week, Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Shiaa al-Sudani ordered security forces to pursue those responsible for abducting foreigners.
別の投稿で、アサフ氏は、キトルソン氏の「イラクにおける役割と活動」を示す録音を公開すると述べたが、それ以上の詳細は明らかにしなかった。
In a separate post, Assaf said the group would release a recording showing Kittleson's "role and activities in Iraq", without providing further details.
今回の拉致事件は、イラン・イラク戦争勃発以来、イランとその同盟関係にあるイラクのシーア派民兵組織が、イラクおよび周辺地域における米国関連施設への攻撃を続けている中で発生した。
The abduction came amid ongoing attacks by Iran and its allied Iraqi Shia militias on US-associated targets across Iraq and the region since the outbreak of the US-Israeli war on Iran.
キトルソンさんの友人であり緊急連絡先でもあるCNNの国家安全保障アナリスト、アレックス・プリツァス氏は、彼女の解放に関する「とされる声明」を目にしたと述べたものの、「米国政府からこれが事実であるという公式な確認は得られていない」と付け加えた。
Kittleson's friend and emergency contact, CNN national security analyst Alex Plitsas, said he had seen the "alleged statement" about her release, but added "we have no official confirmation from the United States government that this is true".
キトルソンさんが誘拐される前に、米国当局が複数回にわたり彼女に連絡を取り、彼女に対する脅迫について警告していたことが分かっている。
It is understood that US officials had contacted Kittleson a number of times before she was kidnapped to warn of threats against her.
プリツァス氏は以前、BBCの米国ニュースパートナーであるCBSに対し、キトルソンさんは米国政府から、イランの支援を受けた民兵組織による具体的な脅威について警告を受けていたと語っていた。
Plitsas previously told CBS, the BBC's US news partner, that Kittleson had been warned by the US government about a specific threat to her from Iran-backed paramilitaries.
キトルソン氏は、女性ジャーナリストの誘拐や殺害を企てているとされるカタイブ・ヒズボラが保有するリストに名前が載っていると告げられたという。
He said Kittleson had been told her name was on a list in the possession of Kataib Hezbollah, which was said to be plotting to kidnap or kill female journalists.
イタリアのローマを拠点とするキトルソン氏は、アフガニスタン、イラク、シリアの紛争を取材してきた。Xのプロフィールによると、彼女は数多くの出版物で執筆活動を行ってきた。
Kittleson, based in Rome, Italy, has covered conflicts in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. According to her bio on X, she has worked for numerous publications.
米国務省は、イラクへの渡航を控えるよう国民に警告している。
The US state department has warned citizens not to travel to Iraq.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m