イランの僻地で起きた米空軍兵士救出作戦の経緯 BBC 2026/4/6
How rescue of US airman in remote part of Iran unfolded
米軍は、イランの僻地で戦闘機が撃墜された後、行方不明になっていた乗組員を劇的な作戦で救出した。
The US military has rescued a missing crew member in a dramatic mission after his fighter jet was shot down in a remote part of Iran.
詳しい状況は依然として不明だが、敵地から彼を救出する作戦は極めて複雑だった。
The exact circumstances remain unclear, but the operation to extract him from the ground in hostile territory was hugely complex.
米メディアの報道によると、この作戦には数十人の特殊部隊員に加え、米軍の戦闘機やヘリコプター、そしてCIAが参加した。
Dozens of special forces, as well as US warplanes and helicopters, were involved in the plan, along with the CIA, US media reported.
ドナルド・トランプ米大統領は日曜日、ソーシャルメディアで「我々は、イランの山奥深くから、重傷を負った、実に勇敢なF-15戦闘機の乗組員/士官を救出した」と述べた。
On Sunday, US President Donald Trump said on social media: "We have rescued the seriously wounded, and really brave, F-15 Crew Member/Officer, from deep inside the mountains of Iran."
しかし、この空軍兵士の苦難は金曜日に始まった。兵器システム士官とパイロットを乗せたF-15戦闘機がイラン南部上空で撃墜されたとの報道があったのだ。
But the airman's ordeal began on Friday with reports that an F-15 jet, which was carrying a weapons systems officer and a pilot, had been shot down over southern Iran.
この事件は、米軍戦闘機が敵の攻撃によって撃墜された20年以上ぶりの事例となった。
The incident was the first in which a US fighter jet was shot down by enemy fire in more than 20 years.
F-15Eストライクイーグルに搭乗していた米軍兵士2名は機体から脱出し、パイロットは同日中に救助されたが、もう1名の乗員は行方不明となった。
The two US military personnel on board the F-15E Strike Eagle managed to eject from the aircraft, and the pilot was rescued the same day, but the second crew member was missing.
その後、米国は彼を見つけるための時間との戦いを開始した。
The US then began a race against time to locate him.
イランは彼を生け捕りにしたいという意思を明確にし、5万ポンド(約6万6100ドル)の懸賞金をかけた。
Iran made it clear they wished to capture him alive and offered a bounty of £50,000 ($66,100).
BBCが確認していないものの、ソーシャルメディアで共有された動画には、武装した民間人が彼を捜索している様子が映っていた。
Videos shared on social media, which have not been verified by the BBC, appeared to show armed civilians searching for him.
米当局者によると、その将校は地上に降りた後、身を守る手段は拳銃しか持っていなかったという。
Once the officer was on the ground, he had only a handgun to defend himself, US officials said.
この空軍兵はこのような状況に備えて訓練を受けており、ビーコン信号を発信し、高所へ移動し、身を隠し、通信手段を確保するといった手順を踏んでいたはずだ。
The airman would have received training for a situation like this, and it would have involved turning his beacon signal on, getting to high ground, concealing himself and establishing communications.
米メディアの報道によると、このパイロットは山の岩の割れ目に身を隠し、イランに信号が傍受されることを懸念してビーコンの使用を制限した。
According to reports in US media, the airman hid himself in a mountain crevice and restricted the use of his beacon - concerned the signal could be picked up by Iran.
その後、救助隊の到着を待ったと伝えられている。
He then reportedly waited for his rescuers to arrive.
米メディアの取材に応じたトランプ政権高官によると、CIAは救出作戦において極めて重要な役割を果たした。
The CIA played a crucial role in the rescue operation, according to a senior Trump administration official who spoke to US media.
米情報機関であるCIAは、墜落したパイロットの正確な位置を山の裂け目まで突き止め、その情報を国防総省に伝達した。
It was the US intelligence agency that tracked the airman's exact location to the mountain crevice and passed the information along to the Pentagon.
トランプ大統領は、救出作戦を計画していた米当局者らがパイロットの位置を「24時間体制で」監視していたと述べた。
Trump said his location was monitored "24 hours a day" by US officials who were planning the rescue operation.
大統領は、「その将校は敵に追われており、敵は刻一刻と迫っていた」と付け加えた。
The officer was "being hunted down by our enemies, who were getting closer and closer by the hour," the president added.
報道によると、CIAはイラン国内で、米軍がすでに2人目の空軍兵士を発見したという情報を流布する偽情報工作も展開していた。
The CIA also ran a deception campaign, according to reports, spreading word inside Iran that US forces had already found the second airman.
大統領は自身のソーシャルメディア「Truth Social」への投稿で、米軍は「世界で最も強力な兵器を搭載した数十機の航空機を派遣し、彼を救出した」と述べた。
The president said in his Truth Social post that the US military "sent dozens of aircraft, armed with the most lethal weapons in the World, to retrieve him".
報道によると、米特殊部隊が孤立した将校のもとへ向かう途中、イラン軍は爆弾や銃撃を用いて将校のいる場所から遠ざけたという。
As US special forces made their way towards the stranded officer, bombs and weapons fire were used to keep Iranian troops away from his location, reports say.
また、米メディアは、救助隊を輸送するためにイラン国内の僻地基地から出撃予定だった輸送機2機が離陸できず、敵の手に渡らないように破壊されたと報じた。その後、特殊部隊は別の航空機3機で出撃し、救助隊を収容したという。
US media also reported that two transport planes that were intended to fly out rescue crews were unable to take off from a remote base inside Iran, and were then destroyed to keep them out of enemy hands. Special forces then flew out on three extra aircraft to collect the crews, the reports added.
BBC Verifyが確認した映像と写真には、イラン中部、イスファハン市の南東約50キロ(30マイル)の山岳地帯で、くすぶる航空機の残骸が写っていた。
Footage and photos confirmed by BBC Verify appeared to show a smouldering aircraft wreckage in a mountainous area of central Iran, about 50km (30 miles) southeast of the city of Isfahan.
イラン軍は、作戦中に米軍のC-130輸送機2機とブラックホークヘリコプター2機が破壊されたと発表し、「イスファハン南部の廃空港での欺瞞・脱出作戦は完全に阻止された」と述べた。
Iran's military said two US C-130 military transport planes and two Black Hawk helicopters were destroyed during the operation - and that "a deception and escape mission at an abandoned airport in southern Isfahan…was completely foiled".
イラン国営メディアは日曜、イスラム革命防衛隊(IRGC)の部隊が、行方不明のパイロットを捜索していた米軍のドローンをイスファハン上空で撃墜したと報じた。
Iranian state media said on Sunday that troops from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) had shot down a US drone over Isfahan while it was searching for the missing airman.
BBCは、イスファハン近郊で発生したとされるこの事件について、いずれの報道も確認できていない。
The BBC has not been able to confirm either version of events near Isfahan.
米時間午前0時前に救出作戦は完了し、パイロットは治療のためクウェートへ搬送されたと当局は発表した。トランプ大統領は、パイロットは「重傷」を負ったものの、「回復に向かっている」と述べた。
Before midnight US time the rescue was complete, and the airman was flown to Kuwait for medical treatment, officials said. Trump said the officer was "seriously wounded", but "he will be just fine".
米当局は、パイロットが救出された正確な場所や身元については一切明らかにしていない。
US authorities have not disclosed any information about the airman's exact location when he was rescued, or his identity.
元米軍高官で退役海軍大将のウィリアム・ファロン氏はBBCに対し、「時間帯が救出作戦に有利に働いた可能性が高い」と述べた。「夜間作戦に慣れている我々の兵士にとって、暗闇は好都合だ」と語った。
Former US military official William Fallon - a retired US Navy admiral - told the BBC that "time of day" probably worked in the rescue mission's favour. "Darkness is better for our people because they're used to operating at night."
ファロン氏は、敵地上空を飛行する際は「自分が被弾する覚悟が必要だ」と述べている。
Fallon says that when flying over hostile territory, "you have to be prepared to be the person that's hit".
日曜日の東部夏時間午前0時(グリニッジ標準時午前4時)直前、米メディアは2人目のパイロットが発見されたと報じた。
Just before 00:00 EDT (04:00 GMT) on Sunday US media broke the news that the second pilot had been found.
トランプ大統領はソーシャルメディアで、「アメリカは決してアメリカの兵士を見捨てない!」と投稿した。
Trump wrote on social media that the US would "NEVER LEAVE AN AMERICAN WARFIGHTER BEHIND!"
イランは作戦が失敗だったと主張した。イラン軍最高司令部の報道官、イブラヒム・ゾルファガリ氏はビデオ演説で、米軍機数機が緊急着陸を余儀なくされたと述べた。
Iran insisted that the operation had been a failure. Ebrahim Zolfaghari, a spokesman for Iran's main military command, said in a video address that several US military aircraft had been forced to make emergency landings.
「自らが始めた戦争と侵略の泥沼に囚われた無知な大統領は、いかなる侵略、地上作戦、あるいは侵入も、決定的かつ屈辱的な敗北に終わることを十分に理解していたはずだ」とゾルファガリ氏は語った。
"The ignorant president, trapped in the swamp of the war and aggression that he himself started... fully realised that any aggression, ground operation, or infiltration... would face decisive and disgraceful defeat," he said.
「作戦失敗」というレトリックは、イラン当局者や国営テレビでも繰り返されており、特にドナルド・トランプ大統領がパイロットの救出を発表して以来、その傾向が顕著になっている。
This rhetoric of "failed" mission has been repeated by Iran's officials and state TV as well, especially since Donald Trump announced that the pilot had been rescued.
一部の米国アナリストは、イラン領内深くでF-15E戦闘機が失われ、その後複数の救援機が破壊されたことは、米空軍力の限界を示すものだと指摘している。
Some US analysts have described the loss of an F-15E deep inside Iranian territory, followed by the destruction of several rescue aircraft, as showing the limitations of the US air power.
元米中央軍司令官のフランク・マッケンジー将軍は、BBCの提携局であるCBSに対し、「確かにあの作戦で数機の航空機を失った」と述べたものの、このような状況では「どんな時でも」その程度の損失は許容範囲内だと付け加えた。
Gen Frank McKenzie, a former commander of US Central Command, told the BBC's US partner CBS that "we did in fact lose a couple of aircraft in that mission" but he says you take that loss "any day" in a situation like this.
「航空機を製造するには1年かかるが、誰一人として置き去りにしないという軍事的伝統を築くには200年かかる」と彼はCBSの番組「フェイス・ザ・ネイション」で語った。
"It takes a year to build an aircraft - it takes 200 years to build a military tradition where you don't leave anybody behind," he told CBS's Face The Nation programme.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m