ルイジアナ州で銃撃事件が発生し、子供8人が死亡したと警察が発表 BBC 2026/4/20
Eight children killed in Louisiana shooting, police say
ルイジアナ州シュリーブポートで発生した銃撃事件で、1歳から14歳までの子ども8人が死亡しました。警察は事件を「家庭内トラブル」と説明しています。
Eight children, aged from one to 14 years old, have been killed in a shooting in Shreveport, Louisiana, which police are describing as a "domestic disturbance".
警察によると、事件は現地時間午前5時頃(グリニッジ標準時午前10時)に発生しました。単独犯の男が10人を銃撃した後、盗難車で逃走しました。警察はその後、容疑者を追跡し、射殺しました。
Officers said the incident began about 05:00 local time (10:00 GMT). A single gunman shot 10 people before fleeing in a stolen car. Police then chased and killed the suspected shooter.
シュリーブポート市長のトム・アルセノー氏は、「遺族、警察官、検視官など、多くの人々が深い悲しみに暮れています。この事件は地域社会全体に影響を与えており、私たちは皆、遺族と共に悲しみを分かち合います」と述べました。
"We have hurting families, we have hurting police officers, coroners' personnel," Shreveport Mayor Tom Arceneaux said. "This affects the entire community, so we all mourn with these families."
警察は容疑者と被害者の身元を明らかにしていないが、被害者の子供たちのうち数人は死亡した男性の親族だったと述べた。
Police did not identify the suspected gunman or the victims, but said some of the children were related to the deceased man.
「これは悲劇的な出来事です。おそらくシュリーブポート史上最悪の悲劇でしょう」と市長は付け加え、遺族と市のために祈りを捧げるよう呼びかけた。
"This is a tragic situation - maybe the worst tragic situation we've ever had in Shreveport," the mayor added. He asked for prayers for the families and the city.
アルセノー市長は、負傷者のうち数人が病院に搬送されたと述べた。
Arceneaux said that some of the injured victims had been taken to hospital.
警察によると、犯行現場は複数あり、ウェスト79番街の同じブロックにある2軒の家と、近隣のハリソン通りにあるもう1軒の家が含まれていた。
Police said there were multiple crime scenes, including two homes on the same block on West 79th Street and a third residence in the neighbourhood on Harrison Street.
日曜日の記者会見で、シュリーブポート警察のクリス・ボーデロン巡査部長は、警察官が現地時間午前6時少し前にある家に駆けつけ、子供たちを発見したと述べた。
Speaking at a news conference on Sunday, Shreveport Police Corporal Chris Bordelon said officers attended a home shortly before 06:00 local time and found the children.
「この事件で亡くなったのは全員未成年者です」とボーデロン巡査部長は語った。
"All of the deceased in this case are juveniles," Bordelon said.
同巡査部長は、通報は「家庭内トラブル」であると判断し、家の中で銃撃されたうちの1人が近くの家に逃げ込んだと付け加えた。
He said officers determined the call was "domestic in nature" and added that one of those shot at the home had fled to a nearby residence.
警察によると、発砲後、容疑者は車を強奪して逃走した。
After the shooting the suspected gunman carjacked a vehicle and started to flee, police said.
ボーデロン氏によると、警察官は容疑者を別の地区であるボージャー郡まで追跡し、発砲した。容疑者はその後死亡した。
Bordelon said officers pursued him into another neighbourhood, Bossier Parish, and fired at the suspected gunman, who is now deceased.
警察は、遺族への連絡を確実にするため、犯人と被害者の身元を公表しなかった。また、容疑者は単独犯であるとみている。
Police did not identify the shooter or the victims, saying they wanted to ensure family members are notified, and said they believe the suspect acted alone.
シュリーブポート警察署長のウェイン・スミス氏は、地域社会全体に深い哀悼の意を表した。
Shreveport Police Chief Wayne Smith said his heart went out to the entire community.
「このような事件がどうして起こり得るのか、想像もつきません」とスミス氏は述べた。
"I just cannot begin to imagine how such an event can occur," Smith said.
さらに、捜査はルイジアナ州警察と連携し、他の機関の協力を得て進められていると付け加えた。
He added that the investigation is being conducted in coordination with the Louisiana State Police and with assistance from other agencies.
「何が起きたのか解明するために、どれだけ時間がかかっても、私たちは全力で取り組んでいきます」と彼は述べた。
"We are going to be working diligently however long it takes to get some answers to what has taken place," he said.
日曜日に発言したシュリーブポート市議会議員のグレイソン・ブーシェ氏は、市内の犯罪の30%以上、殺人事件の30%以上が「家庭内暴力に関連したもの」であると述べ、「その割合がさらに上昇した」と付け加えた。
Speaking on Sunday, Shreveport councilman Grayson Boucher said more than 30% of crimes and 30% of murders in the city were "domestic in relation", adding: "Now that number has gone up."
「たった1件の家庭内暴力事件によって、シュリーブポート市の殺人事件は2倍以上に増加した」と彼は述べた。
"We've more than doubled our homicide in the city of Shreveport because of one act of domestic violence," he said.
ルイジアナ州知事のジェフ・ランドリー氏は、自身と妻は「この恐ろしい事態に心を痛めており、被害に遭われたすべての方々のために祈っています」と述べた。
Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry said he and his wife are "heartbroken over this horrific situation, and we're praying for everyone affected".
「現場で献身的に活動してくださっている法執行官や救急隊員の方々に心から感謝いたします」とランドリー氏は付け加えた。
"We're deeply grateful to the law enforcement officers and first responders working tirelessly on the scene," Landry added.
ルイジアナ州第4選挙区選出のマイク・ジョンソン下院議長も、「胸が張り裂けるような悲劇」についてコメントした。
House Speaker Mike Johnson, who represents Louisiana's Fourth District, has also commented on the "heartbreaking tragedy".
「この非常に困難な時期に、犠牲者の方々、そのご家族、そして愛する方々、そしてシュリーブポートの地域社会の皆様を心から思い、祈りを捧げています」と彼は述べ、地元警察の迅速な対応に感謝の意を表した。
"We're holding the victims, their families and loved ones, and our Shreveport community close in our thoughts and prayers during this incredibly difficult time," he said, adding that he was grateful for the quick response of local police.
銃暴力に関する非営利団体である銃暴力アーカイブ(GVA)によると、今回の事件は、2024年1月にイリノイ州ジョリエットで8人が死亡した事件以来、米国で発生した最悪の銃乱射事件となった。
The incident is the deadliest mass shooting in the US since January 2024, when eight victims were killed in Joliet, Illinois, according to the Gun Violence Archive (GVA), a nonprofit that tracks US gun violence.
GVAは、銃乱射事件を、容疑者を除いて4人以上の犠牲者が出た事件と定義している。
GVA defines a mass shooting as an incident where four or more victims were shot, not including the suspect.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m