米国のベネズエラ攻撃でキューバ人32人が死亡 BBC 2026/1/5
Thirty-two Cubans killed during US attack on Venezuela
キューバ政府は、ベネズエラのニコラス・マドゥロ大統領を捕らえるための米国による作戦中に、自国民32人が死亡したと発表した。
The Cuban government has said 32 of its nationals were killed during the US operation to capture Venezuelan leader Nicolás Maduro.
死者はキューバ軍と情報機関の隊員であり、2日間の国葬が宣言された。
It said the dead were members of its armed forces and intelligence agencies, with two days of national mourning declared.
短い声明では、ベネズエラにおけるキューバ人の役割については詳しく述べられていないが、両政府は長年の同盟国であり、キューバは石油供給と引き換えに安全保障支援を行っている。
A short statement did not elaborate on the role of the Cubans in Venezuela, but the two governments are long-standing allies, with Cuba providing security support in exchange for oil.
キューバのミゲル・ディアス=カネル大統領は、ベネズエラの「要請」により、マドゥロ大統領夫妻の警護を行ってきたと述べた。
Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel said they had been providing protection to Maduro and his wife "at the request" of Venezuela.
政府の公式声明は、「我が国の同胞は尊厳と英雄的行為をもって任務を遂行し、激しい抵抗の末、攻撃者との直接戦闘、あるいは施設への爆撃によって命を落とした」と述べている。
An official government statement read: "Our compatriots fulfilled their duty with dignity and heroism and fell, after fierce resistance, in direct combat against the attackers or as a result of bombings on the facilities."
ベネズエラは、土曜日にカラカスにあるマドゥロ大統領の邸宅を襲撃した米軍による犠牲者の人数を明らかにしていない。
Venezuela has not confirmed how many people were killed during the US raid on Maduro's compound in Caracas on Saturday.
ニューヨーク・タイムズ紙は日曜日、匿名のベネズエラ当局者の発言を引用し、死者数は80人で、さらに増える見込みだと報じた。BBCニュースはこの報道を独自に検証していない。
The New York Times, citing an unnamed Venezuelan official, reported on Sunday that the death toll stood at 80 and was expected to rise. BBC News has not independently verified that report.
マドゥロ大統領の拘束後、トランプ政権がベネズエラと同様に米国と数十年にわたり敵対関係にあるキューバに対して同様の作戦を検討する可能性があるかどうか疑問視されている。
In the days following the capture of Maduro, questions have been raised over whether the Trump administration could consider a similar operation against Cuba, which, like Venezuela, has had decades of adversarial relations with the US.
ドナルド・トランプ米大統領は日曜日、記者団に対し、「キューバは陥落する準備ができている」ため軍事行動は必要ないと述べた。
Speaking to reporters on Sunday, US President Donald Trump said military action would not be necessary because "Cuba is ready to fall".
さらに、「いかなる行動も必要ないと思う。キューバは陥落しつつあるようだ。完全に崩壊しつつある」と述べた。
He continued: "I don't think we need any action. Looks like it's going down. It's going down for the count."
土曜日、マルコ・ルビオ米国務長官はキューバを「無能で老齢の男たち」が統治する「大惨事」と評した。
On Saturday, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio described Cuba as a "disaster" run by "incompetent, senile men".
「もし私がハバナに住んでいて、政府にいたら、少なくとも少しは心配するだろう」とルビオ氏は述べた。
"If I lived in Havana, and I was in the government, I'd be concerned - at least a little bit," Rubio said.
昨年7月、トランプ大統領はキューバに対する規制強化を盛り込んだ覚書に署名し、前任のジョー・バイデン大統領がカリブ海諸島国キューバへの圧力を緩和してきた動きを覆した。
In July last year, Trump signed a memorandum imposing tighter restrictions on Cuba, reversing moves by his predecessor Joe Biden easing pressure on the Caribbean island nation.
ホワイトハウスは、「キューバ国民を犠牲にして、キューバ政府、軍、情報機関、治安機関に不均衡な利益をもたらす経済慣行」を廃止すると述べた。
The White House said it would end "economic practices that disproportionately benefit the Cuban government, military, intelligence, or security agencies at the expense of the Cuban people".
また、米国人のキューバ訪問に対する既存の制限をより厳格に施行すると述べた。
It also said existing restrictions on Americans visiting Cuba would be more stringently enforced.
トランプ大統領は就任後最初の任期中、キューバに対して同様のアプローチを取り、一連の追加制裁を実施した。
During his first term as president, Trump took a similar approach to Cuba, implementing a raft of additional sanctions.
国連を含む国際機関からの解除要請にもかかわらず、オバマ政権はキューバに対する経済封鎖を継続している。
His administration has continued an economic embargo on Cuba, despite calls by international organisations including the United Nations to end it.
この封鎖は1962年に初めて実施され、それ以来継続している。
The blockade was initially imposed in 1962 and has been in place ever since.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m