見出し画像

養父の誕生日の夜にビデオゲームが原因で殺害した容疑で起訴された11歳の少年、今度は成人向けの裁判に直面 Fox News 2026/2/20

11-year-old Clayton Dietz accused of shooting father in Pennsylvania | Fox News

ペンシルベニア州の自宅で父親を射殺した罪で起訴された11歳の少年が、事件から約1か月後の木曜日に初めて出廷した。
An 11-year-old boy accused of fatally shooting his father inside their Pennsylvania home made his first court appearance Thursday, about a month after the deadly incident.

11歳のクレイトン・ディーツは、1月13日に養父である42歳のダグラス・ディーツを射殺した事件で、成人として殺人罪で起訴された。銃撃事件は、ディーツの誕生日にダンキャノンにある自宅で発生した。
Clayton Dietz, 11, is charged as an adult with criminal homicide in the Jan. 13 shooting death of his adoptive father, 42-year-old Douglas Dietz. The shooting happened in the family’s Duncannon home on the child’s birthday.

ペリー郡の刑事記録によると、ディーツは2月19日に予備審理を放棄し、事件は「裁判所への提出を放棄」された。これは、事件が地方裁判所に移送されることを意味する。
According to a Perry County criminal docket, Dietz waived his preliminary hearing on Feb. 19, and the case was marked "waived for court," meaning it will proceed to the Court of Common Pleas.

記録によると、保釈は1月13日に却下され、ディーツはペリー郡刑務所に収監されたままとなっている。
The docket shows bail was denied Jan. 13, and Dietz remains confined at the Perry County Prison.

地元メディアWHPによると、ディーツ容疑者は午後1時半に予定されていた予備審問のため、正午過ぎにニューブルームフィールドのペリー郡裁判所に到着した。同メディアによると、彼は法廷に入ると手錠をかけられ、保護観察官に囲まれていた。
Local outlet WHP reported that Dietz arrived at the Perry County Courthouse in New Bloomfield just after noon for his scheduled 1:30 p.m. preliminary hearing. He was handcuffed and surrounded by probation officers as he entered the courtroom, the outlet noted.

WHPによると、遺族は審理後、コメントを控えた。しかし、弁護人のデイブ・ウィルソン氏は、事件を少年裁判所に移送するよう求める予定だと述べた。
Family members declined to comment after the proceeding, WHP reported. However, defense attorney Dave Wilson said he plans to seek a transfer of the case to juvenile court.

同メディアによると、ウィルソン氏は「私の目標は、彼を少年裁判所に移送することです」と述べた。
"My goal is going to be to try to get him into juvenile court," Wilson said, according to the outlet.

WHPが引用した裁判記録には、捜査官が銃撃に至るまでの経緯が概説されている。
Court records cited by WHP outline what investigators say led up to the shooting.

同メディアが引用した宣誓供述書によると、当局は1月13日午前3時過ぎに自宅に呼び出され、ダグラス・ディーツが頭部に銃創と思われる傷を負って仰向けに倒れているのが発見された。
Authorities were called to the home shortly after 3 a.m. Jan. 13, and Douglas Dietz was found on his back with an apparent gunshot wound to the head, according to the affidavit referenced by the outlet.

ダグラスの妻であり、クレイトン君の母親でもあるジリアン・ディーツさんは、深夜過ぎに夫と共にクレイトン君に「ハッピーバースデー」を歌った後、就寝したと捜査官に語った。WHPが引用した裁判資料によると、彼女は大きな音で目を覚まし、夫を起こそうとした際に夫が反応を示さないことに気づき、ベッドに血痕を発見したという。
Jillian Dietz, Douglas’ wife and Clayton’s mother, told investigators she and her husband had gone to bed shortly after midnight after singing "Happy Birthday" to Clayton. A loud noise woke her from her sleep, and after attempting to wake her husband, she realized he was unresponsive and discovered blood on the bed, according to court documents cited by WHP.

同メディアによると、クレイトン君が部屋に入ってきた時、ジリアンさんは「パパが死んだ」と叫んだという。クレイトン君は「パパが死んだ」と叫びながら階下へ駆け下りたという。
When Clayton entered the room, Jillian yelled words to the effect of "Daddy’s dead," the outlet reported. The boy allegedly ran downstairs shouting, "My dad’s dead."

同メディアによると、州警察官はキッチンでジリアンとクレイトンと話していた際、クレイトンが「パパを殺した」と言っているのを聞いたと報告した。
While speaking with Jillian and Clayton in the kitchen, a state trooper reported hearing Clayton say, "I killed Daddy," according to the outlet.

捜査官によると、クレイトンは当局に対し、以前没収されたニンテンドー・スイッチを探していた際に銃の金庫の鍵を見つけたと供述したという。WHPの報道によると、クレイトンはゲーム機が入っているかもしれないと思い、金庫を開けてリボルバーを取り出したという。
Investigators allege Clayton told authorities he had been searching for his Nintendo Switch, which had previously been taken away from him, when he found the keys to a gun safe. Believing the gaming console might be inside, he opened the safe and retrieved a revolver, WHP reported.

尋問中、クレイトンは寝るように言われたことで動揺したと述べたとされている。同メディアによると、銃を発砲したらどうなるかと問われると、クレイトンは「怒っていただけで、結果については考えていなかった」と答えたという。
During questioning, Clayton allegedly said he became upset after being told to go to bed. When asked what he thought would happen when he fired the gun, he reportedly said he was angry and did not consider the consequences, according to the outlet.

WHPが引用した裁判記録によると、クレイトン容疑者は「撃つ相手を決めていた」と認め、リボルバーに弾を込め、撃鉄を引き、眠っている父親を撃ったとされている。
Court records cited by WHP state Clayton admitted that "he had someone in mind who he was going to shoot" and that he loaded the revolver, pulled back the hammer and shot his father while he was sleeping.

当局はまた、クレイトン容疑者の左目の上に「大きな打撲傷」、下唇に小さな裂傷があったと指摘したと、同メディアは報じている。
Authorities also noted Clayton had a "large contusion" above his left eye and a small laceration on his lower lip, the outlet reported.

ペリー郡地方検事局は、銃撃事件発生当日の報道発表で、ペンシルベニア州警察が午前3時頃、男性が銃創を負っているとの通報を受け、自宅に駆けつけたと述べた。
In a news release issued the day of the shooting, the Perry County District Attorney’s Office said Pennsylvania State Police responded to the home at approximately 3 a.m. for a report of a male with a gunshot wound.

現場に到着した警官らは、ダグラス・ディーツが銃創により死亡しているのを発見した。
Upon arrival, troopers found Douglas Dietz deceased from an apparent gunshot wound.

クレイトンは成人として殺人罪で起訴されたままです。弁護側は少年裁判所への移送を目指しており、今後さらなる審理が予想されます。
Clayton remains charged as an adult with criminal homicide. Further proceedings are expected as the defense seeks to move the case to juvenile court.

捜査は現在も継続中です。
The investigation remains ongoing.

Fox News Digitalはディーツの弁護士にコメントを求めました。
Fox News Digital reached out to Dietz's lawyer for comment.


海外記事の和訳まとめ|世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中


いいなと思ったら応援しよう!

世界一の多言語翻訳家を目指して勉強中 よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m