米軍、ナイジェリアでイスラム国への攻撃を開始 BBC 2025/12/27
US launches strikes against Islamic State in Nigeria
米国は、イスラム国(IS)とつながりのある過激派組織に対する攻撃をナイジェリア北西部で開始した。過激派組織は同地域で拠点の確立を目指している。
The US has launched strikes against militants linked to the Islamic State group (IS) in north-western Nigeria, where militants have sought to establish a foothold.
米軍によると、ソコト州にあるISが運営する拠点はニジェール国境付近で攻撃を受けた。死傷者数は不明だが、米国とナイジェリアの両当局は、過激派が死亡したと発表している。
Camps run by the group in Sokoto state were hit near the border with Niger, the US military said. Casualty numbers are unclear, but both US and Nigerian officials say militants were killed.
ドナルド・トランプ米大統領は、クリスマスの日に行われた攻撃は「致命的」だったと述べ、ISを「テロリストの屑」と呼び、「主に罪のないキリスト教徒を標的にし、残忍に殺害している」と述べた。
US President Donald Trump said the Christmas Day strikes had been "deadly" and labelled the group "terrorist scum", saying they had been "targeting and viciously killing, primarily, innocent Christians".
ナイジェリアのユスフ・マイタマ・トゥガー外相はBBCに対し、これは「共同作戦」であり、「特定の宗教とは一切関係がない」と述べた。
Nigerian Foreign Minister Yusuf Maitama Tuggar told the BBC it was a "joint operation" and had "nothing to do with a particular religion".
タガー氏は、今回の攻撃はナイジェリアから提供された情報に基づき「かなり前から」計画されていたと述べた。また、更なる攻撃の可能性も否定しなかった。
Tuggar said the strikes had been planned "for quite some time" using intelligence provided by Nigeria. He also did not rule out further strikes.
木曜日の夜遅くに行われた攻撃のタイミングについて、タガー氏は「クリスマスとは全く関係がない」と述べた。
Referencing the timing of strikes - which took place late on Thursday - he said they did not have "anything to do with Christmas".
米軍は、「初期評価」ではソコト州で「複数の」死者が出たと示唆していると述べた。
The US military said an "initial assessment" suggested "multiple" fatalities in Sokoto state.
ソコト州タンガザ地区の地元当局者イサ・サリフ・バシル氏はBBCに対し、空爆は「ラクラワのテロリスト拠点のいくつかを襲った」と述べた。多くの戦闘員が死亡したものの、死者数は不明だと述べた。
A local official in the Tangaza area of Sokoto state, Isa Salihu Bashir, told the BBC the strikes had "hit some Lakurawa terrorist camps". He said many fighters had been killed but the death toll was unclear.
BBCは死傷者数を独自に確認できていない。
The BBC has been unable to independently confirm casualty figures.
バシル氏はさらに、ニジェール側の国境警備隊が、ラクラワの戦闘員が標的地域から逃走するのを目撃したと報告したと付け加えた。
Bashir added that border patrols on the Niger side reported seeing Lakurawa fighters fleeing the targeted areas.
ナイジェリア政府は長年、ボコ・ハラムやISと関連のある勢力を含む様々なジハード主義組織と戦闘を繰り広げてきたが、その活動は主に北東部で行われてきた。しかし近年、地元ではラクラワとして知られる小規模な組織が、北西部ソコト州に拠点を築こうとしている。
The Nigerian government has long been fighting an array of jihadist groups, including Boko Haram and IS-linked factions, but largely in the north-east. But in recent years a smaller group - known locally as Lakurawa - has sought to establish a base in north-western Sokoto state.
ナイジェリア当局は、この組織がマリとニジェールのジハード主義ネットワークと繋がりがあると述べている。また、メンバーは国境地帯に定住し、若者を勧誘し、厳しい統制を行っていると付け加えている。
Nigerian authorities say the group has links to jihadist networks in Mali and Niger. They add that its members have settled in border communities, recruited young people, and imposed harsh controls.
タンガザは辺鄙な村々で構成されており、住民のほとんどは穏健派のイスラム教徒である。
Tangaza is made up of remote villages, whose residents are mostly moderate practising Muslims.
ナイジェリア情報省は金曜日遅くに発表した声明で、「精密攻撃作戦」はボラ・ティヌブ大統領の「明確な承認」と「ナイジェリア軍の全面的な関与」のもとで実施されたと述べた。
In a statement late on Friday, Nigeria's information ministry said "precision strike operations" had been carried with the "explicit approval" of President Bola Tinubu and with "the full involvement of the armed forces of Nigeria".
また、作戦中に弾薬の残骸が2つの集落、ソコト州ジャボ村と、そこから約600キロ南にあるクワラ州オファ村に落下したと発表しました。どちらの地域でも民間人の死傷者は報告されていません。
It also said that during the operation debris from munitions fell in two communities – the village of Jabo, also in Sokoto state, and Offa in Kwara state, about 600km (370 miles) to the south. No civilian casualties were reported in either location.
ジャボの目撃者であるウマル・ジャボ氏はBBCに対し、「飛行機のようなものが閃光を放ち、野原に墜落した」と語った。
An eyewitness in Jabo, Umar Jabo told the BBC: "Something that looked like a plane flashed and crashed... in fields."
彼は、この地域におけるISとの問題はないと述べた。「私たちは平和に暮らしており、キリスト教徒との間に紛争はない」
He said there was no issue with IS in the area: "We live peacefully, and there is no conflict between us and Christians."
トランプ政権は以前、ナイジェリア政府がジハード主義者の攻撃からキリスト教徒を守っていないと非難し、「ジェノサイド」が行われていると主張してきた。
The Trump administration has previously accused the Nigerian government of failing to protect Christians from jihadist attacks and has claimed a "genocide" is being perpetrated.
トランプ大統領はナイジェリアを「特に懸念される国」に指定した。これは、米国務省が「宗教の自由を深刻に侵害している」国に対して制裁を科す際に用いる用語である。
Trump has labelled Nigeria a "country of particular concern", a designation used by the US state department that provides for sanctions against countries "engaged in severe violations of religious freedom".
クリスマスの夜遅く、トランプ大統領はソーシャルメディアに投稿した攻撃内容を確認し、「イスラム過激派テロの蔓延を許さない」と述べた。
In a social media post late on Christmas Day confirming the strikes, Trump said that he would "not allow Radical Islamic Terrorism to prosper".
ピート・ヘグゼス米国防長官は木曜日、「ナイジェリア政府の支援と協力に感謝する」と述べた。国防総省はその後、船舶からミサイルが発射される様子を映したと思われる短い動画を投稿した。
US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth said on Thursday that he was "grateful for Nigerian government support & cooperation". The Pentagon later posted a short video that appeared to show a missile being launched from a ship.
ナイジェリアはアフリカで最も人口の多い国で、約2億2000万人がキリスト教徒とイスラム教徒にほぼ均等に分かれています。
Nigeria is Africa's most populous country, with about 220 million people, divided roughly evenly between Christians and Muslims.
ボコ・ハラムやISと関連のある分派などのジハード主義組織は、10年以上にわたりナイジェリア北東部で壊滅的な被害をもたらし、数千人の命を奪ってきました。
Jihadist groups such as Boko Haram and IS-linked offshoots have wrought havoc in north-eastern Nigeria for more than a decade, killing thousands of people.
世界中の政治的暴力を分析する団体「アクレッド」によると、犠牲者の大半はイスラム教徒です。
Most victims have been Muslims, according to Acled, a group that analyses political violence around the world.
今回の攻撃は、ここ数週間で米国がISを標的とした2度目の大規模介入となる。
The strikes are the second major US intervention targeting IS in recent weeks.
先週、米国はシリアでISに対する「大規模攻撃」を実施したと発表した。
Last week, the US said it had carried out a "massive strike" against IS in Syria.
米中央軍(Centcom)は、戦闘機、攻撃ヘリコプター、そして砲兵部隊が70以上の標的を攻撃したと発表した。ヨルダンからの航空機も攻撃に参加した。
US Central Command (Centcom) said fighter jets, attack helicopters and artillery had struck more than 70 targets. Aircraft from Jordan were also involved.
これらの攻撃は、待ち伏せ攻撃で米国人3人(兵士2人と民間通訳1人)が死亡したことへの報復として行われた。
Those strikes were launched in retaliation for the killing of three Americans - two soldiers and a civilian interpreter - in an ambush.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m